Losing my Madonna

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I used to be a big fan, but lately not so much. I'm still intrigued by her. I think she's still interesting. But I am so sick of hearing about the Kaballah, and I'm so sick of how seriously she takes herself. Also, even though she looks great for 50 -- the fact remains that she is still indeed 50! I think it's a little sad to see someone her age trying to act like they are still 25.

I'm torn. I think she's a very good entertainer overall. But I guess I had thought that by the time she reached 50 she would have gained some perspective or something. But her ego only seems to have gotten bigger and she seems to have only gotten more annoying or something. But then it is impossible to imagine what it is like to be her; compared to the only other two superstars of her era to share her stature -- Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston -- I suppose she has turned out pretty well. She isn't a drug addict and she hasn't been accused of child molestation.

I suppose I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for her because she was such an icon of my youth and so important to my generation, but I just don't find her that interesting anymore. I think I grew up. Sometimes I wish she would too. :rolleyes:

nashboy

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ive never really been a fan. Shes good for her creativity...but in my opinion has hasnt really been original in a long time. Im not into her attitude or her talent. And the other superstar of her time is Mariah Carey who is still very relevant in music. Its just sad that women who are legendary have to compete with likes of Rhianna and such...ugh.

falcon27

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think her best days are behind her...

Her face looks good for 50 but the rest of her gives her age away. Those arms and hands of hers look like my grandma's. My dead grandma.

She was very hot several years back...but it's not 1990 anymore.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She has grown up. She's nothing like the spoilt self-obsessed egomaniac we saw 15 plus years ago. Having children forces you to grow up & be less selfish. She has a family which must keep her grounded. The fact she enlists the help of other A-list stars also suggests she's not quite as confident as she was & feels the need to show she's still down with the kidz. But she's still the biggest female personality around & still generates huge publicity. She'll keep going for a long time coz its a real passion for her. Tina Turner & Cher have showed that age need not be an obstacle for female performers these days. I still fucking love her!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I still wish we had the 90s Madonna. The one that didn't mind pushing the envelope with artistic expression and lyrical content once in a while. Who embraced controversial subjects and wasn't afraid to put them in the spotlight.

Now that her contract with Warner Brothers is up, maybe we'll see that side of her again. At least we hope, because I don't ever want to hear her make a record that rhymes New York with "dork" again!!! :eek::biggrin1:

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Ive never really been a fan. Shes good for her creativity...but in my opinion has hasnt really been original in a long time. Im not into her attitude or her talent. And the other superstar of her time is Mariah Carey who is still very relevant in music. Its just sad that women who are legendary have to compete with likes of Rhianna and such...ugh.

Her superstar days were the 1980s. That was her peak. She was huge back then. Mariah Carey's peak was the 1990s, and she was actually more popular in the 1990s than Madonna. So, I don't really see Mariah Carey and Madonna as occupying the same era, really. I think that Madonna's career "jumped the shark" in 1992 with the Sex book. That was the biggest mistake of her career, and it's all be downhill since then.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think that Madonna's career "jumped the shark" in 1992 with the Sex book. That was the biggest mistake of her career, and it's all be downhill since then.

Not to defend Madonna's cred, but how can a woman who won three Grammys (Ray Of Light), a Golden Globe & Academy Award (Evita), and a world tour that produced 47 sold out shows and grossed over $75 Million be on a downhill spiral? This was from 1996-2003. The Sex book was a bit cheesy, but I remember standing in line at Tower Records after 12AM to get one of the first copies! :biggrin1:

hockeyguy741

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Every good actor, actress or singer should know when to step aside and leave on a high note.... do some work with some aspiring singer and the ocasional tour like Tina Turner and Stevie Nicks have done....

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just 7 posts in & already a load of ignorant nonsense being pissed out. Madonna has never been appreciated in America. Lets get that straight. But the rest of the world still fucking loves her. Mariah doesnt come close to her fame or relevance globally. But in America you prefer bland generic RnB-lite crap to POP music so Bimbo joke Mariah sells more there. Madonnas sex book was a mistake to Americans coz youre sooo prudish about shit like that; the rest of the world just laughed & forgot about it 10 seconds later! Madonna has had huge sales since 1992 and lots of massive hits so why talk nonsense? No-one can maintain the exact same level of interest for 25 years but Madonna is still up there at the very top. Where she belongs.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just 7 posts in & already a load of ignorant nonsense being pissed out. Madonna has never been appreciated in America. Lets get that straight. But the rest of the world still fucking loves her. Mariah doesnt come close to her fame or relevance globally. But in America you prefer bland generic RnB-lite crap to POP music so Bimbo joke Mariah sells more there. Madonnas sex book was a mistake to Americans coz youre sooo prudish about shit like that; the rest of the world just laughed & forgot about it 10 seconds later! Madonna has had huge sales since 1992 and lots of massive hits so why talk nonsense? No-one can maintain the exact same level of interest for 25 years but Madonna is still up there at the very top. Where she belongs.

Amen.Mariah is for soccer moms.You can keep her safe watered down r and b lite shit she cranks out.Mariah has been doing the same act since 1990.Same clothes,etc.Notice you dont see her tour? Cause who would pay to watch Mariah stand still with her right side of her face in a wind machine,Blah.At least Madonna trys new things.And it doesnt take 13 people to write one of Madonnas songs as it does Mariah.Cheers.:biggrin1:

Life With My Sister Madonna should give everyone an idea what she's really like. Everyone I know who has had a run-in with her has been shocked at what a complete bitch she is. She's a great performer and I like some of her songs. I'm impressed that she's kept her career going this long. Madonna's ability for self-preservation in the business should be a Harvard Business School case study.

nashboy

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
makes not difference to me guys...mariah doesnt need defending and in my opinion neither does madonna...tehyre careers speak for themselves. but if bashing an artist makes you feel good then, "i aint sayin' a word, to each his own odell"

bimmli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Why is everyone whining about Madonna. Do you think she gives a crap about any of you? She's only a singer for Gods sake. She didn't invent the cure for cancer. Does she really matter?

makes not difference to me guys...mariah doesnt need defending and in my opinion neither does madonna...tehyre careers speak for themselves. but if bashing an artist makes you feel good then, "i aint sayin' a word, to each his own odell"

Thomas Kinkade has the most successful career of any painter in America. Does that make him a better painter than Edward Ruscha?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why is everyone whining about Madonna. Do you think she gives a crap about any of you? She's only a singer for Gods sake. She didn't invent the cure for cancer. Does she really matter?

No ones whining. Its called opinions. If youve not got one on the subject then stay off the thread. So we can only discuss people who've found a cure for cancer? Who's that then?

bimmli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That's the problem, idiots like you only know celebrities. Do you know who found the cure for polio? That's right... google it before you respond. LOL

Media
So....the age issue comes up. Alright, but is that something any one of us can help. No.

She did finish her contract rather late in her career with Sire. Oh well.

Innovative, entertaining, most of us relate to something every day in Madge. She did come up from Michigan, ate popcorn out of the garbage, other stories too numerous to mention. She was at one point in life very poor.

I think she has had an over all great career. Sure there are projects we didn't care for but we always knew the show was going to be killer. (Except the drown world tour. That show for me, was awful. But I still watched it.)

We love Madge for what she gives us irregardless of age, situation, boyfriends, husbands and sexual escapades, being a bitch or whatever negative run in's folks have had with her. She is an Italian American artist and is doing her best to represent a concious state and responsibility we have come to expect from those with her fame. That we have to give her whether we like her or not.

I could give a rats ass about the stereotype of Fag/Madonna. Since my sexuality doesn't define every aspect of my life...good entertainment is just that. Good. At least it is for me. I am not in it for the argument.

I don't look for or expect her to like me personally, but that will not keep me from working that DVD out and dancing my way through the housework. Sometimes face value is just what you need and I am there every time her name is invovled.

Holiday....celebrate!
Come together in every nation!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thomas Kinkade has the most successful career of any painter in America. Does that make him a better painter than Edward Ruscha?[/
Don't even get me started on that no talent hack Kinkade! :12: 'Master of Light' my ass, he's no better than Bob Ross on a good day. :angryfire2: Caravaggio, now he was a true 'Master of Light!'

No ones whining. Its called opinions. If youve not got one on the subject then stay off the thread. So we can only discuss people who've found a cure for cancer? Who's that then?
Amen! I am so tired of the negative baiting, shabbily disguised as a 'different opinion.' in all of the forums.

I used to be a big fan, but lately not so much. I'm still intrigued by her. I think she's still interesting. But I am so sick of hearing about the Kaballah, and I'm so sick of how seriously she takes herself. Also, even though she looks great for 50 -- the fact remains that she is still indeed 50! I think it's a little sad to see someone her age trying to act like they are still 25.
:wtf1: Huh? Let me get this straight you are upset because Madonna has the audacity at age 50 to still look and perform as if she were half her age? What a typically sexist male thing to say! Are you sure you aren't a Hollywood director? They have a penchant for overlooking women over 40 or expecting them to look like and portray frumpy soccer moms or grandmothers. :mad:
So what, she's 50. Is she supposed to quit her career take up quilting or knitting and perhaps start walking her local mall at 7 AM with the rest of the senior citizens?

As for the Kabbalah if it keeps her on an even keel so be it. I'm not a fan of prosletyzing or or using religious accessories as a way of showing off. I'm also not fond of how so many celebrities have latched on to Kabbalah without actually converting to or studying Judaism. That's a topic for another day.:rolleyes:

I'm torn. I think she's a very good entertainer overall. But I guess I had thought that by the time she reached 50 she would have gained some perspective or something.
Perspective on what exactly? Did you think because her name is Madonna she would move to Calcutta and take up where Mother Teresa left off?

But her ego only seems to have gotten bigger and she seems to have only gotten more annoying or something.

:rofl: Really? I hadn't noticed. :tongue: The only thing I find annoying is her very bad, fake British accent.

But then it is impossible to imagine what it is like to be her; compared to the only other two superstars of her era to share her stature -- Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston -- I suppose she has turned out pretty well. She isn't a drug addict and she hasn't been accused of child molestation.
:lmao: Dear God is that our litmus test for normal now? Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson? :aargh4:

I suppose I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for her because she was such an icon of my youth and so important to my generation, but I just don't find her that interesting anymore. I think I grew up. Sometimes I wish she would too. :rolleyes:
She's a working mother with a penchant for marrying men with poor earning potential, and who are clearly beneath her station. Heck, I've got cousins like that. :tongue: :cool:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That's the problem, idiots like you only know celebrities. Do you know who found the cure for polio? That's right... google it before you respond. LOL

It's a Madonna thread, not a game of Jeopardy.
And I'm certain many people here can serve you questions not found in a game of Trivial Pursuit that would force you to Google, Yahoo and Ask.com the results.

BTW, the answer is... Who is Jonas Salk? And I'll close out the category of "Pointless Penis Forum Arguments" for $250. :rolleyes: :biggrin1: