Losing my Madonna

D

deleted15807

I'm not saying she should act her age. But let's face it: a 50-year-old woman in a leotard is not as attractive as a 25-year-old woman in a leotard.

I guess I had thought that by the time she was 50 she would've learned how to actually sing, would write meaningful songs, etc. I thought she would develop more depth. But the opposite seems to be happening. She seems to be becoming more superficial the older she gets. :dunno:

The cold hard fact is most female singers are in their vocal prime during their 20's and 30's. It is not incommon in opera for stars to retire when they can no longer hit the notes. Not so in pop, you simply lower the key. In opera that is unacceptable.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Whoever said that Kylie has sold more than Madonna globally; NO SHE CERTAINLY HAS NOT! Dont even drag her into this coz she's not in the same league. Kylies success has mostly been limited to certain countries.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Just watched footage of her induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's officially "over" for me now. She's not the Madonna I used to know and love in the 80s and early 90s. She's completely superficial and phoney now. Kabballah has turned her into something odd, some cold and self-righteous woman.

Tank30

Expert Member
Media
Bedtime Stories was her last great cd to me. I still don't understand why so many peeps love Ray of Light and think it's her masterpiece.

Matt987

Experimental Member
Media
I am a fan, and personally i think it is good that she is still using her sexuality, and it still seems to be working, she looks incredible for 49 (almost 50), and if actresses like Kim Catrall can still be completely naked in films (SATC), why can't Madonna be sexy dressed? I am only 18, but i do find her extremly sexy :biggrin1:

nashboy

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Amen.Mariah is for soccer moms.You can keep her safe watered down r and b lite shit she cranks out.Mariah has been doing the same act since 1990.Same clothes,etc.Notice you dont see her tour? Cause who would pay to watch Mariah stand still with her right side of her face in a wind machine,Blah.At least Madonna trys new things.And it doesnt take 13 people to write one of Madonnas songs as it does Mariah.Cheers.:biggrin1:

it really annoys me when people dont know what theyre talking about. first of all if you would pay attention you wouldn notice the drastic change in mariahs style from the beginning till now. and you would also notice that she tours A TON. for example...she toured for music box, daydream, butterfly, rainbow, charmbracelet, the emancipation of mimi, and she starts a tour in nov from e=mc2. so pat attention and know what youre talking about before you start bashing an artist. and mariah writes all of her own music...how much does madonna write? maybe she should try that and then she couls sell an album. its funny to me mariah came out 10 years after madonna and she is still WAY ahead of her in album sales. there is room for both artists...the problem is the fans. grow up.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I'm not a fan of either of them anymore, but strictly speaking Madonna is actually ahead in record sales. Mariah Carey has sold more in the United States than Madonna has. But if you include international sales, Madonna is in the lead. I think that after the "Sex" book the United States turned its back on Madonna, but the rest of the world seemed to warm to her even more. I think she's more popular outside of the US than inside the US. I think this is because R&B and Hip Hop especially dominate the US, and you sort of have to be young and black in order to really succeed in those markets. Madonna is neither. I don't think Hip Hop is as much a cultural force throughout the rest of the world. White and middle aged women can still have recording careers in the UK, Europe, Australia, etc.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a fan, and personally i think it is good that she is still using her sexuality, and it still seems to be working, she looks incredible for 49 (almost 50), and if actresses like Kim Catrall can still be completely naked in films (SATC), why can't Madonna be sexy dressed? I am only 18, but i do find her extremly sexy :biggrin1:
She(Kim Catrall) was the hottest in BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, and the 1st POLICE ACADEMY.
Madge nowadays is a little too gangly for my taste.