Losing weight, decreasing penis size.

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Niiko8, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Niiko8

Niiko8 Member

Albums:
    So I've been shedding a fair amount of weight over the last 7 months or so, and I've noticed my penis not being as big erect as it usually is. I'm normally 8x6.6" erect but lately it's been 7.5x6" and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the weight loss since I can't think of anything else in my lifestyle that's changed.

Anyone else have an experience or any ideas on this?

2. bigo4show

bigo4show Active Member

Albums:
    Personally I think it's all in your head. I lost a signaficant amount of weight and penis size remained the same.

3. LUM_1986

LUM_1986 Member

Albums:
    Losing weight will NOT make your cock smaller. No one stores that much fat on their penis... :)

But the size of your penis is determined by many factors.

For example; if your diet has lead you to become slightly anaemic, your body will not be able to generate the blood flow required to enlarge your penis to its full size.

Also, when people go on diets they tend to cut out animal fat, usually by removing red meat from their diet.

This can have two consequences in males.

Firstly, red meat is high in minerals and micro-nutrients (for example zinc) that are required for your body to create Testosterone (among other things).
    This can lead to a drop in labido which can generate a smaller erection when stimulated.

And secondly, meat is the only source of 'primary protein' and the easiest way that we get protein in general into our diets. When you diet, you have to remember that it is easy to 'trip' your body into breaking down muscle for energy instead of fat. Without the correct level of protein intake your body will not repair muscle, and since muscle if what gives you an erection...

I'm no doctor, but my advice would be to check your dietary plan, do some research on Male Health and then change your diet accordingly.

If this continues, see your Doctor...

Hope this helps... :)

4. Niiko8

Niiko8 Member

Albums:
    Thanks Lum, that's really helpful. I'm guessing it's the first consequence, if I couple that with constant work it makes sense why my sex drive has just gone downhill.

Is there anything else I should know about?

5. LUM_1986

LUM_1986 Member

Albums:
    Well I'm not a doctor... All the information I have is from my own experiences of losing weight.

2 years ago I was 124lbs (8st 8lbs) over weight, and last May, I think it was, I managed to get myself to a normal weight for my height (according the the BMI scale)...

When I was dieting, I have to admit that the VISIBLE size of my erection increased from 4" to 8.5"; but that I did find that the erection wasn't as hard as I was used to.

Did some research, and what I told you above is what I found out.

I started taking an Iron and Vitamin C tablet daily (without enough vitamin C in your system, you could chew on iron nails all day and your body would be chemically unable to process Iron within your cells) and added Extra Lean Minced Beef to my weight loss diet. That kept me going.

We do have to remember that to be in a state of Dieting to lose weight is an unnatural state, and VERY unhealthy. Its something that has to be done in our Overweight Society, but its something that should be done as quickly as is healthy and humanly possible, and then never again.

I didn't regain my full rock hard and fully sized erections till I was off my diet and eating to maintain my weight.

So the only other thing I guess I can add is; get this diet over and done with successfully, and then eat a tonne of healthy food... :)

6. B_PATRICKMCC55

B_PATRICKMCC55 New Member

Lum is spot on.
    Weight loss by itself will not effect the length nor girth of your penis. Your erection can vary from event to event, and that is controlled by the amount of blood flow to the tissue. If you have reduced your blood circulation, then you will have a smaller erection. rapid weight loss can be a shock to your system, and can cause circulation issues, and other health issues, so it is important to work with a either a nutritionist, or health practioner to insure your dietary needs are being net.

7. Catharsis

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah, of all the weight that I've lost in the past few months, my dick hasn't changed at all, lol.

However, I have noticed that my libido and erection quality has decreased and I figured that it was my sudden change in diet that might contribute to this. Thanks for the posts, Lum.

8. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ive lost approx 15lbs (from 175 to 159, goal is 155), in the last 3+ weeks by eating healthy, IMO, veg, fruits, chicken, fish much less carbs, and increase to 6-7(small snack) meals a day starting at 6am, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, 8 (greek yogart with fruit or nuts- high in protein stuff). Swimming 30-40 minutes- not water play, but serious swimming- everyday. and multi vit. supplements for over 50 men,from gnc.

out of curiousity measured my erection, bpel gained 1/4. now 6.5''. girth the same. 5''

so yes I can only see that diet and fat lost are factors in lenght. poor diet can effect erection and so getting both to gel is key.

The last time I wanted to loose the weight, about the same amount, was 5 years ago, it took me 3 months, was too focused on just diet and minimal cardio ex.mostly weights, but now seriously changing my lifestyle diet with more fruits and veg, less fat etc. but totally increase the cardio with more intensity, i would say a 1000xs, have been positive. Feel great.

9. LUM_1986

LUM_1986 Member

Albums:
    Haha thank you... Didnt know that I knew so much about the effects of dieting on hard-ons till I started typing..! Lol

10. PhoenixInvictus

Verified

Verified:
    Photo
    I once lost 24 pounds and my dick never changed. I'm another person who agrees with LUM. Eating meat is very convenient. Keep an eye on our diet, I've learned this is very important. Perhaps add vitamins into you diet if you haven't already.

11. SpankySD

SpankySD New Member

Albums:
    A layer of fat on your abdomen will make your penis look smaller. As you lose weight, it will look larger. There is no fat in the penis. Some plastic surgeons have tried penis enlargement techniques using body fat. Not a recommended practice at this time.

12. D_Pat Trick Henry

D_Pat Trick Henry Account Disabled

Hmm.. good to know. I'm currently in the process of shedding the 100-120 pounds or so I need to be at a healthy weight.. looking forward to my dick looking bigger haha.

13. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The fat pad in the pubic area(above your penis) Influences the visible size. That's why "bone presses erection length" bpel creates a "truer" length or maybe potential length if you are over weight. So loosing weight and hopefully the fat will show a bigger penis. Benefits of weight lose.

Maybe that's why thin guys penis look huge.

14. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Losss of pubic fat will make your penis *appear* longer because it will stand out more from the belly.

However, an agressive diet may reduce nutrients that permit full erections/libido so during your diet, you may feel you're not getting as hard as before. This also happens with certain drugs/medecines such as anti depressants.

15. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Celexa for me. and you can't cum without prolong stimulation more than usual, very frustrating. Changed to Welbutrin no sexual side effects for me.

16. Guill

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lum seems to have the closest answer. Depending on how you are dieting you may be missing key nutrients. I skimmed through responses and the two things that i didn't see that may be affecting you are cholesterol and selenium. Testosterone is a steriod hormone which means that if is created out of cholesterol so if you completely cut it out of your diet that might be having an effect. I'm not sure on how selenium works but I do know that it is key in the process somewhere (can get it from Brazil Nuts).

17. LUM_1986

LUM_1986 Member

Albums:
    I did not know this Guill..! Thanks for a facinating new piece of information..! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted