losing weight.

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by QuietObserver, Feb 15, 2009.

1. QuietObserver

QuietObserver New Member

Albums:
    I used to be a pretty fit guy, worked out, all that junk till my fiancee passed in Nov 07 and after that i just gained a lotta weight. Im not like, enormous or anything...just got a bit of a belly lol. Anyway, i dont make enough to get a gym membership and so with that said...whos got tips to help me lose weight. i need something inexpensive and effective.

2. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

If losing belly is all you are interested in spend time each day doing sit ups and crunches. Build up the reps and you will see big results in a few weeks. :wink:

3. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Get a job, even part time as a waiter. You will be moving around a lot and since you are young the fat will melt right off. Also going out with friends to a dance club is great exercise.

4. QuietObserver

QuietObserver New Member

Albums:
    ive got a job right now where im constantly moving around. Im down from a size 42 to a 38 cause of that. which im proud of :p

5. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Watch your carbs, fat, and sugar intake. Eat lots of veggies.

6. canihavu

canihavu New Member

Do veggies really help that much?

7. D_William Henry Hairyson

Actually Davey that is a common misconception, doing sit ups and crunches WILL NOT help you get rid of the belly, i will help you get a stronger core and abs but they will remain hidden underneath that layer of fat.

The only way to lose that fat is through Cardio, go joggin (really cheap) Push yourself really hard for 10-15 minutes. Once you are really working up a sweat, switch to a low intensity and keep it there for 20-30 minutes (means you should be getting your heart rate up to about 40-60% of your max heart rate (220 - age = max heart rate)).

Of course the main part is achieved in the kitchen, its recommended you eat at least 5 times a day, say every 3-4 hours, small portions containing each of the important groups, carbs, protein a little fat and veggies. And limit the intake of processed sugars only after exercise.

Thats the way i do it!

Hope It Helps!!

Draft saved Draft deleted