Loss of Libido

mrplow2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(Sorry that this is going to turn into a rant)

Hey, can any girls give me some insight.

Backstory:

My girlfriend was going through a depressive funk for the last few months. During that she has basically lost all of her libido. She doesn't like to kiss or have sex or anything. I haven't seen her naked in 2 and a half months and we have only had sex maybe a 4 times in that span. I don't know what to do. It's so frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I love her so much but this is driving me insane. Now I know i'm upset right now because I have blue balls. But it seems like she is actually liking the fact that she is driving me up the wall. She literally teases me. I can't handle it any more.

I'm starting to think that she is doing it on purpose just to drive me away. (i'm probably just over reacting by saying that).

Basically my question is how long can a libido take to get back to normal (we use to have sex 5 times a week on average)?

How can I talk to her about this without seeming like a horny asshole? I'm willing to wait this out and play with myself but ARGH. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING! Sex is a huge part of a relationship, especially at our ages (i'm 24. she's 21)

mrplow2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like, honestly.

I just got back from her house. Like I said, she is going away for a week or so. You think that you would atleast get a goodbye kiss or something? Nope nothing. All I got was her teasing me and now I have a set of god damn blue balls.

:mad:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Depression is known for loss of libido and especially the antidepressant meds.I can understand her not feeling like intercourse but surely she could give you a kiss and a cuddle.

What do you mean by 'teasing'? What do she do that is so teasing?

P.S...
Sex is a huge part of a relationship, especially at our ages (i'm 24. she's 21)
Ahhh don't be so sure.....us old folks,ya know,past the age of 30 kinda like sex as well ya know............. :p

mrplow2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depression is known for loss of libido and especially the antidepressant meds.I can understand her not feeling like intercourse but surely she could give you a kiss and a cuddle.

Haha, well we'll just make out and stuff and she just says that I must be really horny etc etc. The frustration is basically me inducing it. I know that she doesn't feel like having sex but I still kiss her and whatnot hoping that I can get some.

I've had a bit to cool down (played some video games) and it's really not a big deal. Haha

The libido is for sure directly related to her depression. Hopefully she gets over it on her vacation

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
maybe something bad has happened to her.

or maybe you just get on her nerves.
that, ''i'm only hugging/kissing you in the hope of getting some'' is the biggest turn off ever.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Haha, well we'll just make out and stuff and she just says that I must be really horny etc etc. The frustration is basically me inducing it. I know that she doesn't feel like having sex but I still kiss her and whatnot hoping that I can get some.

I've had a bit to cool down (played some video games) and it's really not a big deal. Haha

The libido is for sure directly related to her depression. Hopefully she gets over it on her vacation

Depression isnt something one can get over on a damn holiday.Its very different to being 'abit fed up/p!ssed off':rolleyes:

mrplow2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depression isnt something one can get over on a damn holiday.Its very different to being 'abit fed up/p!ssed off':rolleyes:

Oh I know that. She's been going through it for months. It seems like she's getting really close to getting over it.

And yeah, I probably am pissing her off haha.

At the very least, i'll be out of her hair for awhile!