LOST, Has Me Lost

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am an avid fan of the show LOST. I haven't missed an episode since it first came on four years ago. However, last season left us with far more questions than answers. I know that's how a season finale is done but this is getting a tad bit ridiculous.

The 5th season premiered last week and I am glad I TiVo'd it cause I'm going to have to watch it again in hopes of understanding what's going on there.

Some things I would like answered:
What happened to the island?
Who the heck is Jacob?
Why can't the island heal Ben?
What's up with that evil, black mist in the forest?
What happened to Claire, Walter, and Michael?
Will they ever explain Widmore's connection to the Black Rock?
Where is the island? It seems to be in an Australian version of the Bermuda Triangle.

At last, "Lost" returns to ABC

By Erin Carlson
The Associated Press

NEW YORK — ABC's "Lost" returns for its fifth season at 9 Wednesday with a continuation of the lingering mysteries that make the drama such a mind bender.

The series began in 2004 with a plane crash on a mysterious island, rolling out a man-hungry smoke monster, displaced polar bear and unfriendly natives called "The Others," among other oddities. As the show's cast and mythology expanded, there were romances, rivalries, kidnappings, murders, attempts to escape and a character's emotional journey through time (see: the standout season-four episode "The Constant").

Season four ended last May with some of the castaways fleeing the island while others were left behind — or died. The fifth season opens with unresolved mysteries and more question marks.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What happened to the island?
It's become unstuck in time, so basically all of the inhabitants of the Island (Sawyer, John etc) are all being transported through time. So they have already ended up in 1954 and something close to when they arrived (when Daniel spoke to Desmond and told him to find his mother).

Who the heck is Jacob?
Jacob is the spooky guy in the shack - the one that Ben and John Locke travelled to about a season ago. The one who you never really see but John and Ben can both "hear him". It hasn't been explained who he is (as far as I know).

Why can't the island heal Ben?
I haven't got clue one! I'm sure it will become apparent.

What's up with that evil, black mist in the forest?
"The Smoke" hasn't been fully explained yet either.My personal belief is that it's some sort of "nanotechnology". It's most likely i'm wrong about that however.

What happened to Claire, Walter, and Michael?
It's not yet clear what's happened to Claire. We last saw her in the cabin (Jacobs cabin!) with Christian Shepherd (Jack's dad) - who is actually her father, yup, Claire and Jack are siblings.

Walt got off the Island when he and his dad (Michael) we're given a boat at the end of season 2 and they took off into the night (oooooh, spooky!). Walt was then shown in a "vision" when Locke was shot in the leg by Ben (remember, he fell in the pit of the dead people).

Michael (Walt's dad) got off the Island however he ended up back on the freighter (the boat that was going to rescue them in season 4) as a spy for Ben. He died when the boat exploded at the end of season 4.

Will they ever explain Widmore's connection to the Black Rock?
Yeah I'm sure they will. It's not been explained yet (as far as I can remember).

Where is the island? It seems to be in an Australian version of the Bermuda Triangle.
The show is filmed in Hawaii however the location of the Island on the show has never been fully confirmed. It's located somewhere in the south pacific.

If you get lost by "Lost" just check out the Lost Wiki which is really detailed and helps a lot when things get super confusing.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoy the show but it is nuts in the writing. They basically break Mr. Edward Albees' cardinal rule of script writing:

You can have abstract people in a real world...or real people in an abstract world...but you can't have abstract people in an abstract world

The idea being with out something in reality you have no rules to break it down for understanding. The smoke monster was an old throw back to Forbbidin Planet sci -fi. Which I have feeling they will try to weave back int he same way the old movie did but with a slight twist. The new time machine wheel is a classic Greek deux machina device (god like intervention) that has been used forever to break the rules of the scripts when playwrights write themselves in a corner.

I am just waiting for the little boy to be revealed as one of the older characters that is running everthing in the future...like...drum role...JACOB! Also waiting for a simliar stunt with the older woman who is the physist/monk/whatever the fuck Phiona whats her name is playing. It all works in such a deseprate way I laugh half the time watching it. But so long as Sawyer is there...I am there. the guy is fucking hot and a good actor. They need to let he and the Australlian guy get together.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
"Lost" lost me a while ago....Cube is right on about Ed Albees rule. Its like the writers either smoked allot of bud before pitching plot lines or someone wrote this weeks episode on the toilet one morning.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But so long as Sawyer is there...I am there. the guy is fucking hot and a good actor. They need to let he and the Australlian guy get together.

yeah, sawyer's pretty sexy. i love his humor. it makes him sexier. :biggrin1:

what australian guy? :confused:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I keep wondering when they will hike to the other side of the island and find the Gilligans island survivors.