Lottery Winners

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is anybody here a Lottery or Lotto Winner? Does anyone know someone who has won millions of dollars?

The closest I know is the daughter of a guy I used to work with won a $55 million jackpot. I don't know how it all turned out because I left the job before she got the money. She was a single mom struggling in a small town and I wonder how her life changed.

Was wondering how y'all would spend it all and how winners change because of their windfall.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The most I've ever won was $7.

I DO know someone who won $10 million though! He was a co-worker of mine who sat in the cubicle next to me, in fact. He retired after winning the $10 million, as you might expect...:biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The guy I knew who won was nearing retirement age anyway. So he just went ahead and retired.

I don't know if I'd retire or not. I spend too much time unemployed and I would definitely like that extra money to get me through times like I'm going through now! There are a lot of things I'd like to do, and would get to do if I won a jackpot. I'd like to travel to many different places.

I think I might (if I won while unemployed) just go out and have a lot of fun, then settle down after a year or so and maybe work some, or go back to school.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
My aunt knew somebody that won the Reader's Digest Sweepstake. I a coworker one a new truck.

If I won, I'd build a house and pay someone I know to cut the grass. I'm really allergic to grass. I'd hire someone to come clean at least once a month. Finally, I'd retire. Woohoo Retired. No more Mrs. Smith I'm positive it did not come today. I didn't misdeliver it Mrs. Smith. In reality, you are thinking shutup bitch.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I might (if I won while unemployed) just go out and have a lot of fun, then settle down after a year or so and maybe work some, or go back to school.

How fast do you think you could spend $51 Million bucks? I think the rules are set so you can't leave it for anyone after you die. Not sure you can spend $51 million dollars worth of fun in a year. :smile: We can dream though.

I once won sixteen dollars on a New Mexico Lottery scratcher ticket.

Does that count?:biggrin::tongue:

It only counts if you can retire, build your dream house, and feed half of Africa with your winnings. :smile:

An 18 year old here picked up a lottery ticket at some middle of no where place, and won $2000 every week for life.

I know this guy who gets about $2000/month from a trust fund for life. He is the most pathetic, lost, worthless shell of a human being you will ever meet - kind of like Paris Hilton without the cash.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I buy a scratch off ticket maybe 3 or 4 times out of the year, normally I will win a free ticket or $1, 10 years ago I did win $50, that is the most I have won when it comes to the lottery. when it comes to the weekly drawing, I never play that, but if I did play and won 10 million or more, I would take the one time pay off and take 75% and invest it, buy me a decent house and I don't mean a million dollar mansion neither, donate some to charity, give some to close family, and blow a small portion.

the biggest thing that I won, and that was a couple of months ago was a brand new truck, a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado, it was a customer service award from work, I actually deal with few customers, but my customer service score was high enough that I qualified to win the truck, even though this truck is a Chevrolet, I am might proud of it, this truck is not the plain jane version, it is loaded really good, the sticker on it was $25000. I have thought about selling it, however, I decided to keep it, at least for now.

Is anybody here a Lottery or Lotto Winner? Does anyone know someone who has won millions of dollars?

The closest I know is the daughter of a guy I used to work with won a $55 million jackpot. I don't know how it all turned out because I left the job before she got the money. She was a single mom struggling in a small town and I wonder how her life changed.

Was wondering how y'all would spend it all and how winners change because of their windfall.

Attachments

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The most I have won on the lottery is £1080. I did once win a car on a TV quiz show. It was a very small car which we didn't need so I sold it.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the biggest thing that I won, and that was a couple of months ago was a brand new truck, a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado, it was a customer service award from work, I actually deal with few customers, but my customer service score was high enough that I qualified to win the truck, even though this truck is a Chevrolet, I am might proud of it, this truck is not the plain jane version, it is loaded really good, the sticker on it was $25000. I have thought about selling it, however, I decided to keep it, at least for now.

If you win something like that do you still need to pay the sales tax? Is it reported to the IRS as income?

I did once win a car on a TV quiz show. It was a very small car which we didn't need so I sold it.

Wow Davey, a star among us. You are a quiz show winner! I auditioned for Wheel of Fortune and didn't make the final cut. My friend made it on the show but lost and got a shop vac and some cans of food. Always wondered if the prizes were legit.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow Davey, a star among us. You are a quiz show winner! I auditioned for Wheel of Fortune and didn't make the final cut. My friend made it on the show but lost and got a shop vac and some cans of food. Always wondered if the prizes were legit.

It wasn't actually a programme as such. It was on challenge TV when it first started out. They used to do live on-air quizzes as fill ins between the regular programmes. It was played over about 3 hours with about 3 ten minutes rounds per hour. Quite nervy considering it was live but you soon relax and just get on with it.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
the company that I work for is paying all taxes on this vehicle, sales, and income tax, it will show up on my W-2 at the end of the year, but the company is making all adjustments to where I will not have to pay any taxes on it.

If you win something like that do you still need to pay the sales tax? Is it reported to the IRS as income?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the company that I work for is paying all taxes on this vehicle, sales, and income tax, it will show up on my W-2 at the end of the year, but the company is making all adjustments to where I will not have to pay any taxes on it.

Lucky guy.
I guess you can drive it to work with an ear to ear grin and flaunt a little.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I drive it more than my F-150 mainly because it gets better gas milage, and another reason that I drive to work is to rub in the faces of those that do not like me, when the word was out that the truck was being awarded to me, there was quite a few sour pusses who would not look in my direction for weeks, oh well, sucks to be losers like them.

the runner up who I was really hoping would win it ended up getting a promotion with a nice pay raise, she still isn't making what she is worth, but she deserves whatever raise she gets along with the promotion.

Lucky guy.
I guess you can drive it to work with an ear to ear grin and flaunt a little.