Lottery Winners

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I don't play games that cost me money.

I did win a free year's use of a new Chevy Caprice in 1977 by guessing it's value including the amount of cash that was taped inside its windows.

Other than that I've won a few tickets to ball games, a deck of cards with Chef Boy-ar-dee on the back and a pair of Queen-size Leggs.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How fast do you think you could spend $51 Million bucks? I think the rules are set so you can't leave it for anyone after you die. Not sure you can spend $51 million dollars worth of fun in a year. :smile: We can dream though.

I suppose it would depend on how much I won as to what I'd do. I'd probably not work again if I won a huge jackpot. I'd do a lot of traveling and fun things, also do things to help people who need it. Not just donating to charity, but I have some friends who have financial and health problems and I'd try to help them out some as well.

I'd also hire a personal trainer and get into great shape so I could go trekking in Nepal, and "climb" Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa, without collapsing! I'd also go to a lot of music festivals, from the Austin City Limits Festival (and hey, I just got back from Austin!), to the Festival of Aboriginal Music in Australia. I love music festivals.

Yeah, I can dream... (I rarely buy tickets though, to be honest)

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
If I won, my tax attorney would know, my investment advisor would know, and I would know. Ooooo I could buy that land I want. I'd put a house up in the trees on top of the hill. I'd sit out on the back porch naked a lot and give the birds a good laugh.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would make sure my family was set financially first, Live conservatively for the most part. I'd get the lump sum payout, and then re-invest the money into land. I'd put up around a 1600-1800 sq ft house with a basement, one story ranch, and put up a big shed with a hoist to do repairs on my cars, and plant lots of trees.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to work with a woman who along with her husband won $ 1 million (here in Canada you don't pay taxes on winnings, just on the interest you make every year and you get the full amount right away.) This was back in the early 70's. They continued to work for about 15 years. In the mean time they invested in real estate. Given the increase in real estate here in Vancouver, that real estate is probably worth about $ 20 million now.

When I was just 9 days old, way back in 1951, my parents won a full length mink coat. They needed the money way more than a mink coast so they sold it and were able to build a rec room and 2 bedrooms in the basement and a carport which were much more needed.

Most I've ever won is about $ 1250 off a 2 cent slot machine.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Actually, I think I might like to go to massage school and just work on selected clients. I have friends and coworkers who tell me I'm a natural. They want me to go to school and get formally trained. I could do 2 or 3 a day for fun.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never won but I don't do it very often, only when there's a rollover because I'm greedy and I want lots of money. What would I do with it? Spend it as fast as I can, that's what money's for :)

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I was born a white male in a first world country. In terms of the global population, that's winning the lottery.

If I won few people would know, let alone anyone here. :tongue:

Wise move.

I occasionally run into acquaintances from my past who actually expect me to lend them money. :confused: I dread to think how many "friends" would crawl out of the woodwork if I won a lottery.