LOTUS or CORVETTE

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Pokin Joe Frazier, Dec 30, 2011.

1. D_Pokin Joe Frazier

D_Pokin Joe Frazier New Member

Ok I am going to get another car and I have it down to two choices a black 2000 corvette for $25,000 or a black 2000 lotus for $30,000 both are drone the same owner an have super low mileage he has a lot of cars and you drive them all so the cars are not used a lot Both are fully loaded.

2. pcghabsy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you moving in a straight line or round corners? If the latter, go for the Lotus, their handling is incredible. They will go corner in places where Corvette will surely kill you.

3. D_Pokin Joe Frazier

I really will just be driving around town to and from work i don't really plan on going fast I want to look kool in it that's all

4. dude_007

Gold Member

From reading your posts over the months, I'd say you're a Corvette man for sure

5. D_Pokin Joe Frazier

Perhaps;-)

6. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I own a 2005 C5 Z06, and my ex girlfriend owns a Lotus Elise.

While I was building up my SS, the Z06 was my daily driver. While it's not the most practical thing out there, it's rather comfortable for a sports car and has plenty of room. Also, they're very reliable and the maintenance is very cheap for such a car. And if you're a DIY guy, they're extremely easy to work on. And due to their tall overdrive gear, they get great fuel mileage, for what it is. (I can manage 20mpg city/ 28mpg highway)

While it was stock, I hit a 11.99@ 119mph, so they are quick. As far as handling goes, it's not bad in the least, I'd compare it to a stock 996 Porsche, and I've schooled many exotic owners on the road course, and autocross. Having said that, there is always the "snob" factor that you get with such a car ( I usually hear "it's just a Corvette", even if they lose horribly), the interiors of these cars are not the best, while they're comfortable for what they are, it's not a cushy ride, they're not fun to drive in the rain, and (at least in my area) they're a dime a dozen. I see several Vettes per day, while I might see a Lotus once a month.

Now, the Lotus is a fantastic handling car, they tear up the autocross events and has the exotic looks and some exclusivity. Not to mention easy to drive, and the Toyota power plant is pretty reliable. However, it's ride is very hard (think go-cart), it's rather uncomfortable for larger/taller drivers (I'm 6'3 ~190, and my knees where up against the steering wheel), electronics tend to fail, maintenance can be pricey, and doesn't have the top end power like the Corvette and Porsche 911.

It's a great track-day car, or Sunday cruiser if you're not into going fast, but as a daily driver, there are better choices.

Regardless of my opinion of either cars, drive both and see what suits you.

#6 Remington, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  7. pcghabsy

Gold Member

Albums:
    In that case, the Corvette for sure.

8. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love Lotus (you didn't say which model - Elise?), but the Corvette is probably more for you. Unless you can stretch to a new Evora - which is arguably the best-handling car on sale today, in any class. :)

9. D_Pokin Joe Frazier

Yes it's the Elise

Draft saved Draft deleted