Love in 2 weeks or more?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by SensualGoth, Jul 29, 2007.

1. SensualGoth

SensualGoth New Member

Albums:
    Can a man really love me after only talking on the phone and chatting online? We have not met in person. I am a bit puzzled by it all. I'm not the type of woman that plays games and when I say I love someone it's because I mean it. I have not said it back to him ... Am I a BITCH or am I right in not saying it till he proves he loves me for real over time ? I have other quirks about the long distance thing but I won't get into it here. He's not a member of LPSG that I know of. I really dig him but I need to get to know him more and see him in person. He may love me over the phone because of my "talking skills" or something I dunno. I want him to know the real me.... I'm not perfect ...... by any means. I am sitting here waiting for him to call me like he said he would after he went and made something to eat. Not sure if he will not since I messaged him and told him what I was talking about after he said he loved me.:confused:

2. SensualGoth

SensualGoth New Member

Albums:
    I think I answered my own question on that one lol... I need to not post when I'm really tired.
    "Give it time"
    wondering if anyone else had the same situation...... What happened? Did y'all fall madly inlove and get married or???

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I believe love can be quick but I don't believe it can often be found over the phone or online, it has to have real flesh to flesh, eye to eye contact. Love at first sight should really be called what it is, lust at first sight, now that lust might grow into true love before it fades but love relies on knowledge of someone and you can only get that by being with them. You can talk to someone on the phone every day for a year and that might grow into affection and infatuation but until you're face to face you don't know if there's any 'spark' there. I think some people will say they love you after a few minutes of knowing you but they're confusing infatuation with love.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

BINGO! As usual SpoiledPrincess is spot on! :smile:

People who meet online and profess love for each other sight unseen are nuts. Even after a few phone calls I think that what you are feeling with is at best infatuation. It takes face to face contact and time spent in each others company to get to know someone well enough to fall in love.

That said I am constantly amazed by the amount of people that meet their true love on eHarmony.com or Match.com and have gotten married. I am embarassed to admit how much money I have wasted on sites like those with nothing even close to success.

5. No_Strings

Gold Member

I wouldn't say the latter part of that was necessarily true - I've fallen in love with someone in the time it took for light to reflect off her eyes and into mine. :redface:

As for falling in love online; before I would've said it's impossible and echoed SP & NJ's words, but now I'd say it's possible, just extremely improbable.

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I didn't say it was impossible, I said it can't often be found, but people have fallen in love through letters, I do question whether they're actually in love or in love with the idea of being in love though. I paraphrase what some famous psychologist (it may have been Freud I can't remember at 4.30 am) 'lust depends on mystery, love depends on knowledge'.

7. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have had many a call on a phone line...years ago...that seemed liked everything clicked only to meet the person and have it not be so fantasy like. You must meet face to face before pledging love.

Draft saved Draft deleted