LOVE my job, hate my boss!

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Okay I need to vent. I have had this job for 10 months and I love it. My boss is allowing another department manger to ruin the work place for all the staff. This other manager keeps going to the boss and changing my work and side tracking my staff. In the past 10 months I have earned more awards and achievements, rallied the staff and improved our companies rep. Yet my boss keeps bringing this other manager over to stir the shit. The clients and staff hate this person. Her department has continued to lose profits and clients. My staff and clients are ready to walk out the door bc of her! This women is killing me. The person who had this job before me ( 13 years) was just like her. He left and thought the clients would follow him. They did not. The staff hated him also. The boss now wants to bring him back as my assistant. I said NO WAY! I have a great core staff and do not need an assistant, save the money and spend it on the staff we have now!

What should I do.?Look for another job or suck it up for a little longer? I have been offered jobs in the past few months, but I really like my job minus the dumbass lady who can't find her ass from a hole in the ground. HELP!

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Put together a business case why the the former manager should not be hired (he quit, was not liked by clients, outline the changes and improvements you have made, the company should promote from within otherwise what incentive is there for non-management staff, staff should be rewarded for reaching the company goals, etc.) also outline how the other department manager has disrupted your department, how it has reduced effectiveness of your department, clients don't like her. If there are some clients that you can trust see if one will write a letter saying they don't want the woman involved with their account. Also outline the cost savings.

In this economy don't quit. If it gets unbearable look for another job but don't quit. Its much easier to get a job from a job.

And good luck.

Put together a business case why the the former manager should not be hired (he quit, was not liked by clients, outline the changes and improvements you have made, the company should promote from within otherwise what incentive is there for non-management staff, staff should be rewarded for reaching the company goals, etc.) also outline how the other department manager has disrupted your department, how it has reduced effectiveness of your department, clients don't like her. If there are some clients that you can trust see if one will write a letter saying they don't want the woman involved with their account. Also outline the cost savings.

In this economy don't quit. If it gets unbearable look for another job but don't quit. Its much easier to get a job from a job.

And good luck.

Superior advice. Listen to it.

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Thank you for your input Canuck!

And good luck.

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes I have spoke to him about this. He is thankful she stepped in when she was hired 5 years ago and had been loyal. I would be loyal too if I was paid for doing nothing all day!! He forgets to factor in how many clients left bc of her or the good staff that left bc of her.

Have u talked to your boss about her? Do you know why is she so special?

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Start looking for another job now. Or even set up your own business if you can.

It took me many unhappy years to realise that all too often success at work is not about how well you do your job, but how well you manipulate your boss. It sounds to me like your boss is a sucker for being manipulated. He won't change. He'll carry on hiring unsuitable managers who cause conflict and sabotage the business.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey action -
sorry you have to put up with this. how frustrating!!! i had a job that i absolutely loved and was amazingly good at. within 9 months i was far surpassing people that had been there for 5 years. my head of the dept. was the most inept woman and had no business being in a director level position. her inability to be an effective manager was astounding. i know what its like to love what you do but have a boss that is for shit. if you have the opportunity to take another job, i would consider another position if its offered to you or you can find another one. sorry you have this stress. good luck and hang in there as long as you can!

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
document everything....as in WRITE it all down. If it is not written down it did not happen. If your supervisor is a wus...well there is one level higher. I am not saying go around him....just have your bases covered. When the shit hits the fan, and it will, you will be covered so none of it sticks to you. As for hiring the ex....do our best to keep him out. As for the one who constantly messes things up...she will be discovered...it might not be as soon as you like, but it will happen.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I have discovered that if a company is going to promote a woman who is in capable of performing the job they have given her, they are just going to keep repeating that in an effort to show how 'fair' they are...
if you are getting other offers that would be good, take them