Love thy neighbour (so long as he's a god fearing christian)

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I am sure that all denominations make all the right noises now about being completely tolerant of everyone else ( ? ), but I wonder to what extent the virulent anti semitism of people like Luther ( Martin Luther: The Jews and Their Lies ) has embedded a latent intolerance (even hatred) of people with different faiths?

Do we need to reject, to out as it were, these aspects of our cultural heritage in order to achieve the stated aims of our religions?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that for far too long religions have spent time trying to understand God and fitting us into the scheme of things instead of trying to understand ourselves and how God should fit into our lives.

Any suggestion that reinforces this mistake is a bad thing and should be frowned upon, obviously easier done for an athiest or agnostic and those of a more tolerant religious practice than for those that claim such a thing as having a one true God.

Jews aren't going to heaven. They may be the chosen people, but since they reject Jesus, they're not going anywhere but down. Calvin later made this even more insidious when he focused on the whole bit about only certain people going to heaven and that we can tell who they are by how much God favors them with good fortune. It works like this. God has predestined some people to go to heaven. God knows who those people are the second they are born. We, mere humans, cannot know who these people are however, people who go to heaven are favored by God and have good fortune and happy lives. If someone is pious and powerful and rich, then God favors that person and we can be reasonably sure that person will go to heaven. If that sounds like it should appeal to the ruling classes, you're right. It's a great way to justify wealth and power because, the converse is, if you're poor and miserable and have bad fortune, then God obviously doesn't favor you and so you're not going to heaven. No amount of good works on the part of those with money and power are going to change that. God has our destinies written in stone and humans can't change destiny. So if charity and humanitarianism isn't going to change the lot of the miserable, then why bother doing it at all? The only reason is because God says those who can (the ones going to heaven), should. But God doesn't say how much you have to give so a few token gestures here and there is really all that's necessary and only because it helps reassure the rich and powerful that they are, indeed, going to heaven.

So what you basically have is a system that says if someone knows about Jesus then they're going to Hell if they knowingly reject Jesus. And since you can't change their lot in life, why celebrate or even respect someone who God does not favor and particularly Jews who do not convert and reject their terrible sin of crucifying Christ. It is better to emulate God, who clearly wants all Jews to become Christians, and condemn them as He has. Jews who came before Jesus are one thing. Some of them are truly holy and are in heaven, but the Jews after Jesus are all fucked because they have the opportunity to be saved by Jesus and knowingly reject him.

That's the message of Calvin and guess who he got that idea from? Nowadays, however, rather than purge or burn Jews, we're supposed to pity them their lack of salvation. That doesn't mean Jews still aren't useful. God has a role for them to play in the Apocalypse and a good Christian will help these poor misguided people fulfill their destiny to be condemned but useful tools of God. This is why many who are anti-Semitic Christians are supporters of Israel for theological reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

Experimental Member
Media
I am not "intolerant". I find a place for everyone equally.
When I find them useful. All of them.
Hence, why I "tolerate" them.
Their usefulness ends, and then, so do they.
Way of the world, always has been.
The way of every Empire, past, present, and future.

Nobody is wrong, when everyone is right.
Just ask them. All of them. Including all of you. And me too!
More has been done wrong in the name of right than Evil ever perpetrated anything.

It's ok, ask Rome how "tolerance" worked out for them.
It didn't. But at least they got what use they could out of others, before they collapsed. So much for "tolerance". As they learned, you are either in charge, or you are not in charge. If you ain't, then obviously, someone else is. I might point out most Native American tribes prior to the 1830's, and then, right after the Indian Wars, when quite a few simply ceased to exist in total.

Good thing they "tolerated" us. I do believe we repaid them in kind.
So much for "tolerance".

Funny how things work out.
Then again, it is about as funny as a broken bottle up the old shit chute.
Which means it ain't that funny at all.

Then who's going to tell the good gags up there?

Sorry.

Interesting post, Jason. I wonder if Christians of the 21stC would be recogniseable to those of the 14th, 4th and vice versa?

I don't know but all of this is just as embarrassing to Protestantism as snake handling.

It's important to note that Calvin and Luther and the other large northern European-founded denominations are not dispensationalist. I didn't mean to make it sound like they were, just reflecting what I've found a great many members of these churches think when speaking in private.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Love is a settled disposition to seek the good of the other (neighbor, wife, lover, etc) for the sake of the other rather than for one's own good.

We feebly struggle at that but one's selfish desires often push us toward failure to live up to the high standard of such love. Christians--at least those who have bothered to study the founding documents (both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible) and the history of all peoples know that their failure in this is not unique.

All human beings it would seem are capable both of loving and non-loving (selfish) behavior. We all need to forgive and be forgiven and that then becomes part of our attempts to live up to the high standard of love.

In the area of human sexuality and sexual relationships I think it is quite true to say that it is not one's sexual orientation that matters so much as it is one's conduct in relationships. In loving oneself, as one should, one is not free to "use" another person to satisfy one's sexual urges. Ideally, when sexual activity happens, the act of sex has a way of confirming the bond of love between partners.

Loveless sex is ultimately unsatisfactory. By the standard of love two persons both give and receive in the act of sex and by it the worth and dignity of partners is affirmed and strengthened. Casual sex may provide momentary pleasure but it can hardly be called love.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Love thy neighbour (so long as he's a god fearing christian)

I've always been troubled by the concept of "god fearing." Fear is certainly a motivational force but it hardly strikes me as encouraging human qualities we might consider desireable, particularly in the long term.

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Welcome to "Say what you mean in your imagination-nation"

In other words, what we do not realize is an "Ay" goes a "four-yay-trey-yay-twosie-onesay ohneozero, which is Iroquis upside-downside for when we say aloha we say oholahu ahumanite Iroquis and European for as the life of The Earth originally went-

First time round many saw it right, and so they automatically knew to syncopate their phoney-shounding names for when we sing and hold our noses or look up and switch "Ahreya" to an "Oh's" we learn to rotate a phrase by tying our "Frays" into a knot; for we are a man of many tones, for we can all say do re so ma la he do si do si do a dozen eggies fall from hands and dey go "Ka-splutta-tuku-atukutake-chihonquinorobaraytonwrotasonansangittwice he picked his eights and named them twice, first go "Ah, then go you Oh, I say a word and you spin it all around.

For we are the Alohaloyolaholamenichuwayomanysonatasoyousayweareoneof many forms of face, for when you say it in reversal it is A full tower of water, the stronger magnos-duce or two songamanehahewaniwatakeyomoatayatoaturnaphraseandsowesayournameabunchoffunnychoundingpeoplesittinginarowaworkawodayifrentwayandsayitinarevesolatidosayal inguoratrixuoratricktotrickyourmindintocounting just "AHOAYAOTHAYAAHOMEOFOUROWNWECANCOUNTTOTENBUTWETHENSAYITNOTENUFFORWELOSTOURCOUNTAGAINBUTWENOINOKINOKINOKINOTATION And if you say it "Down say a fray, we see it eforiayoyayoyayahixicanoramoahohiorsolomioamayatasudono, and the only reason we can even count "Know and say, do and say, you should speak it reverse if you don't know how to say it; Let your tongue lay crossed between your teeth, and as we look up and say oh, we automatically say "Ho" So if you need to transliteratur between; just for an example

We can go from "Espanola-n-Onglais" by singing a short song, for if "We say it in reversals" it goes "Is a logabookoraledger, I cannot make up my mind, so I say you say we let mind make itself go right and we say "Eseyaseologoholahomayowayowayowayoowayomah"
They say we sing a perfect tone, that goes "Peyrayotatzieffe", in other words- Every time you go around you rotate the "Ef-ay-oha-gi-o-maha-raja-musha-fasha-father and mother are the same in all our tongues; For they say a Suwopyayomanite Can hear every sound of the sun for we all resonate with perfect tone, for the only thing man hated to do, was carry around, a dictionary, and so when the time came-round, man wyxwaymixtekaneyaflipiotayaround- Wished he knew a way to say "Can you say it flipped around, inside up and upside down, crusci krysxi xinokah or manorah, for when you can say a sound in completed cosyncopation- Our brain go-say "XKAKXKAKXKAKXKAKXKAKXKAKXKA an we call that a Tay-oh-ray-in-a-dance, I spoke "Futshi" and so you say "Ihesayatayunof" and a train is a rainy day, we mixed it up in every which way; first we counted one to three four, and so we knew the son of "Weeooweeooweeoowee", and because we say cosyncopate we mixeuptherhythm put the "Fray" in a "Hat" and call it "Eyayeyaye sounds different until we turn it round and round and upside down, talk with our hands an stomp with our feet, click with our tongue or go "Paloonalooga", we named ourselves human who knows "D-n-a-o-t-n-u-m-u-B rayatayayakshanamana or quihonquinonoquino- No matter which way way all say a P, an A, and a Nokinokianword which is just a word for song.

We are human we speak through improbability; for with our perfected transliteralated language, we unlock the power of the hiipohcamxi; or rather, Which a weepaseya "Hip", if you lean left, you say "Piho" and when you lay it right we say "Hipsu" Suwayoneeorasuatto if we want to know where we came from all we have to do is down our Genuspective namey-number-ology; for when we hear someone's name we count it on our finders to our perfect scale- and all of the sudden, we can see the "Spacey Stuff Stuck betwixt the folds" Which is "Esepayahceyaforasupercalifractalisticneohumanrecreationfortayperfectonesarehardtoachievebutasweareahumanitayitywehaveadivineimprobabilityforwewerealldesignedtocountsoquicklywecouldsayiteverywhichwaybutinerror. For by an just quite almost impossibility, humankind somehow gets it right the first time.

The shiny string go in, the magnet, add some clay and soak a towel, roll it round and round and round, if you put a ring on a shiny string, you can swing it quickly any which way you want and as you say the words in your head, others shall by such an astounding improbability that they had to turn the universe completely inside out to create a location where a species could grow and hear in only "Perfect-tone".

We are ahumanitayomayowahuwahukoneceanaromano and we are a cultural being, for in our final stage of development- all we need to do is sing our round-stringy songs, for those are the kidden key not in science and seance and no-say-ye-nuance, so regardless of who we are who what we think- we are perfect, and the probability of our existence is the following numbers all tied in a string, for we do not complete our evolution until the final revolution, we all of the sudden we suddenly know how to turn our frays and make them read Show a ~ go teh wave, and so we name it avewa, for when we leave lots of loose ends on our bookends we unlock our truly free sound, for we are ahumanite, the only race in the entire possibility which somehow perfectly blends "Magician Trickery" (To make us say it right all at once) which we may also say a "Nuance" or "Sceance" or "An ocean blue" or "You layed on by banana and it went smush!" and so if we automatically resound, for reason of our interconnected common languages, "A smush is a shwood is a Shape of an S, when you turn it round and round you make "Eseyasoyonaragoodnightwebreathabreathinyourhonorandtodosowejustlaydownandmaketheshouldersmakethethoatsay "Ooshausheushewooshawoosh".

So remember, if you need to remember the history of your name, all you need to do is decompress it in your natural way, for when you can square a number you can count an non finite number that makes no sound, but when aneohuman is completed; We will all resound as one with the songs we know from our past- the reason is simple, because first we live our lives to the front, then take two steps back, turn all around and go E-W instead of N-S.

With the hippocampus turned all the way up; you can hear a sound of inachokonihogespaniacheyetomatayaitsaninsideoutuniversedsowecanalwaysread-

Cross-Wise, cross your "Eyes" out and make them "Ehs" and repeat; Epsedonosayonudo or if you prefer OH SAY CAN YOU SEE, BY DAWNS EARLY LIFE, THAT MAN IS A MAN IS A MANUALINGUAL, FOR AS SOON AS WE LEARN TO HOLD A TOY(which by the way is a "Goat or a symbol or a piece of cheery pie, when we all sing we all get along so I say you say we all say it wrong; but if we just say it "Quick-rayeheyaheyaheya-andaliquichikeraliquichica We-all-speak-a-musical scale, and if we hear the sons go round, we finally know how to rotate our "frays".

For we say "EfEhRay or "A noose on my neck, we are amadeusanohiqokinese, for in truth, the strangest truth about man- is that he's the only man in the whole universe who can say a "Whooshawexiamandaiyokoniokinokinorewasuraremenosynchro we go "How should I say a "Weyo", "Exoduceprogramma, for we are all technopsychologitayowayotayotechnicians"

We all speak in a common tongue, when we realize we just said it "Ringy" instead of "Rongi" or "Righty" or a Leyaheft. The only sound left which we must learn, is the end of the loop of "1 2 3 4 0 4 3 2 1 0 1 3 2 4 0 4 2 3 1020107dweallknowournumbers, but you might say a name, or an hombre, for we now finally know our numerical cosyncopated perfect hippacamoceyanincuneseyusashouldwouldsawtheeffeinthe, for "T" makes a "Ti" or an "It" or a "To" Eetseyoutsideinsomesaynoremenisafo, I'm a Human, we go "Boo, bee, doo, bee do, and then we fall in a well and go "GODOOOOOOOOOSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.A.A.A.A.APlub in a tub is a but in a burp for when we go "Belche" we then go Ehecanyousayitlebackwards.

So on the day we feel most like singing, we simply end our Very funny wordy rhymy songs twisted all together with "Itsayutsaymesayweallsay "Go again and again and again and again, for Man loves the word Go for when you truly name a thing you once made you can control it, for we all are one.

ITISTIMETOBEGINTHECULTURALREVOLUTIONANDUNTWISTOURCOMMONTONGUESOWECANLEARNAVARIATIONONTHEEXACTSAMENAMEFORTHEYSAYAMANWHOALWAYSKNOWS his INOKIONIKONINONIKONIKONINKONESE, ALWAYS KNOW THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY.

So if you point at a letter and trace it out, if your start at the top you read "Down-say" and an "Eh" becomes an "Aaaashhh" For the human is the only man who can make the sounds of any tongue; for we are all speaking in a logorythmanysyllabiclanguage. And if that's hard to remember then we might say; we speak a scale, and use a scale to weigh, we weigh our notes out as we see, how long is it which way does it move, if it look like a nude man, maybe you should try it in reverse an say a man had a plan and then he hatched it, he wrapped a world into a prism so no matter what happened, the perfect tones always resounded with the earth, up-or-east or west-or-down or in-or-out or ambidextrous- for we simply took the addiction for no dictionary out by being good imaginative guessworkers who can pluck any string to make a SOUND that goes DOWNYOUSAYUOSAYUNARUOAYANASEUMEUTATOMATAYOWEALLCOMEFULLCIRCLEWHENWECANTRULYSAYA "N".

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Strictly speaking, you shouldn't be saying or writing his (or more properly, His) name at all.

To an Abrahamic theist, G-d is the correct form of notation in modern English.

:tongue: - How's that for grammar police, lol!

Last edited: