LOVE

Media
So since Valentine's is around the corner, I figure why not talk about the oh so wonderful subject of LOVE.

So how many of you believe in love-love at first sight, destiny, fate, etc.....
And how many of you think it's basically dead-marriage for convenience, love can only happen if one compromises tremendously/for fear of being alone one decides to take 2nd best or whatever is around the corner.

I'm curious so give me your thoughts guys/gals. :redface:

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was strongly attracted to my future wife the first time I met her in a meadow in the High Sierras. It was two years later, after she married the boyfriend she was with in the meadow, that we met once again in the High Sierras, and we fell in love at "first sight". OK, technically it wasn't first sight for us but I, and we, am sure it was the feeling of "falling in love at first sight". Once you have experienced it you will forever, and in all ways, believe in it.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do think we have soul-mates but the biggest problem seems to be able to find them. I've met some girls who I care for very much but couldn't imagine being with them the rest of my life. So far I'm happy enjoying my life, and I'm being patient for the right person. Yeh I believe in love between soul-mates.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I totally believe in love at first sight. The second I saw my boyfriend, I know. He smiled and it was like his whole soul was shining through.

For the sake of the long-run we've had to make some compromises, but that's the way of the world, and none of it is too onerous. I'd go to the moon if he asked me to.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i don't believe in love at first sight, but i do believe (as i've seen in a movie somewhere) in taking a deeper look. i think when you get to know someone inside and out, it makes the sensation of being in love much more sweeter.

and this Valentine's Day, i'm going to have my game-face on. :p

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:smile:
Hummmmmmm Well........:dunno:to me love has soooooooooo many levels.
And so many folks find love and fall in love for many reasons....been there done this...and still doing it I guess.
I probably should not say this or publicly admit to doing this...but there are a couple of females I deal with this so called 'love'...but it comes down to me just peter service from me in their need for sex.
After this deed is done...they move on thru their daily living till they call me again.
I come to believe it better than nothing.
I think someone once said something like ...it's better to have love lost than to have never loved at all....:confused: fate has a lot to do with this...what's meant to be...will be.

Media
And so many folks find love fate has a lot to do with this...what's meant to be...will be.
so no matter what circumstance your soul mate might be under, fate will bring you to that person? I SO wanna believe that but the cynical being in me prevents me from doing that. :biggrin1:
I mean someone once told me that the love of your life can be living now in Japan and you will sooner or later meet this person even if you live in another country because fate has it written that way. i had to disagree and say something like "well what if for whatever reason you're married to someone else and you can't truly respond to that person when you meet him/her". I mean I'm gonna be like carrie from sex and the city here: what if fate is simply something more delusional?

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I belive in"Love at first sight" and I belive in Love.
But it scares the crap out of me.
At the first hint I'm off and running in the oppisite direction.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I believe in love. I fell in love with each of my kids at first sight. :tongue:

- - - - - -

All other forms of love are really complicated... and quite worthwhile.

In any case, it's more important to love others than to receive love. And being willing to be hurt is the first step.

- - - - - -

Rugbypup, people have never constructed temples for chocolate.... and chocolate has never sacrificed life nor limb to save another... :rolleyes:

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Love..??

Well there are different kinds of love. Love for friends, family, your next door neighbor, for your pet, for the "love" of your life, or the love for yourself. Sometimes I think that people put too much emphasis on finding that "true" soulmate kind of love. Not saying that thats wrong, its just that love is love no matter what form it may be. Of course, I am coming from a place where I havent found that "true" love, but its more my issues with myself more than anything. But anyway, love is just all around us, all we gotta do is pick it out. I find that loving yourself is the most important kind of love out there. We live in a world where the quest for perfection is so tangible, and often times, it is unattainable. Of course there are those who won the genetic lottery, but even then, who is to say that their life is perfect, and based on what, their physicality? Loving yourself is the best gift to yourself. AND, when you do find that "love," everything else is just icing on the cake.

* i hope i get my cake soon :biggrin1: