Lovelorn Iraqi Men Call on a Wartime Skill

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lovelorn Iraqi Men Call on a Wartime Skill
By ROD NORDLAND

BAGHDAD — It goes like this: Boy meets girl. They exchange glances and text messages, the limit of respectable courting here. Then boy asks girl’s father for her hand. Dad turns him down. Boy goes to girl’s house and plants a bomb out front. The authorities call it a “love I.E.D.,” or improvised explosive device, and it is not just an isolated case. Capt. Nabil Abdul Hussein of the Iraqi national police said that six had exploded in the Dora neighborhood of Baghdad alone in the past year. “These guys, they face any problem with their girlfriends, family, anyone, and they’re making this kind of I.E.D.,” Captain Hussein said. There have been no reported deaths or injuries from the devices used in this way, in Dora or elsewhere. “Usually they’re putting them in front of the doors of their houses, not to kill, but to scare them,” Captain Hussein said.
After six years of war, Iraq is a society with a serious anger management problem. That, along with a lot of men with a lot of experience fashioning bombs and setting ambushes, makes for a lethal mix. The police say that many of the men are former insurgents who are no longer trying to kill foreign troops but who have an array of bomb-making skills and a stash of TNT. Even without explosives, a popular type of explosive device can be made from common household items including gasoline, a soda can and a plastic water bottle, with the innards of a cellphone as a remote detonator.“I’m a detective, and I don’t even know how to make one of these, but all these kids do,” the captain said. “There was a percentage of young men who were cooperating with the Al Qaeda organizations, or the Shia militias. They’ve changed their minds about fighting now, but they still have good experience in how to make I.E.D.’s.”As in the days when the insurgency raged, it is pretty hard to trace a homemade bomb, of any variety, to its perpetrator. Once a device explodes, forensic evidence pretty much goes up in smoke.
Someone needs to teach Iraqi men that no means, no Seriously, what a bunch of selfish, psychopathic entitled bullys they are. :irked: Why on earth would a girls family give her to a nut job who sets off a bomb on their front step?:confused: Yeah, that's good son-in-law material. :rolleyes: She'll be safe with him. . . NOT! :mad:

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
While it is scary that they're doing this I don't think your solution is entirely correct NJ. The problem starts with the fact that those women were presumably interested in the young men to begin with assuming that she liked him enough to exchange text messages with him. The problem is the fact that women are only ALLOWED to date someone their family approves of....most often that has something to do with someone's profession or the family's perception of that man's ability to care for her and in some cases his own family with money/skills/etc. If the women were simply allowed to date the men and decide for themselves after further dates if they liked them or not I'm pretty sure the occurrence of these IED love bombs would be much more rare. In societies where men have no viable economically secure careers and no women it is proven that violence is the outcome. I am not surprised at these reactions at all. Of course don't take that to mean I think the young men are right in setting off bombs in front of houses.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, yeah but I grew up watching a whole generation of 'nam vet films and the statistics of screwed up vets that were behind that didn't make pretty reading. The US at least has war vet care - Iraq won't.

If you're put in a bubble of years of war (particularly when they came from a background of tyranny) you don't always have a frame of reference for acceptable behaviour once you come out. Many will be ok, but not all.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I simply think that young people should have a CHOICE!
if they had a choice,there wouldn`d be any bombs !

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If you're put in a bubble of years of war (particularly when they came from a background of tyranny) you don't always have a frame of reference for acceptable behaviour once you come out.
Quoted for truth. Many did not have a frame of reference for acceptable behaviour going in. Big problem in Afghanistan. No one in the last two generations knows what it is like to live together peaceably.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I post a thread about a woman getting fucked to death and it gets moved to another (OT) forum but this,... which bears absolutely no relationship to large dicks at all... stays?

I don't get it.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So I post a thread about a woman getting fucked to death and it gets moved to another (OT) forum but this,... which bears absolutely no relationship to large dicks at all... stays?

I don't get it.

This forum doesn't require that the topic involve "large dicks". It is about "relationships, discrimination and jealousy"....all of which are covered in this post in one way or another. I'm quite certain this post would be moved if it was placed in the "sex with a large penis" or "healty penis" forums.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mm... relationships, discrimination and jealousy BASED ON LARGE DICKS. Come on, this is LPSG. I don't think we can just discuss any type of discrimination.. like the Brown vs. Board of Education supreme court ruling or how difficult it is to be an aboriginie in the Australian outback because of systemic discrimination.

And I don't think it's just any type of jealousy either.

This is a big dicks forum. If you want to discuss social issues NOT relating to big dicks, then seems like you'd do it elsewhere.

My point is that I don't understand why my thread, which was more on-topic than this one, was moved, whereas this one's still just sitting here.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
mm... relationships, discrimination and jealousy BASED ON LARGE DICKS. Come on, this is LPSG. I don't think we can just discuss any type of discrimination.. like the Brown vs. Board of Education supreme court ruling or how difficult it is to be an aboriginie in the Australian outback because of systemic discrimination.

And I don't think it's just any type of jealousy either.

This is a big dicks forum. If you want to discuss social issues NOT relating to big dicks, then seems like you'd do it elsewhere.

My point is that I don't understand why my thread, which was more on-topic than this one, was moved, whereas this one's still just sitting here.

If that's your basis for what should be discussed here then there are several forums that shouldn't be here....

Women's Issues, Funny Stuff, Etc, Etc., Politics oh and the chat rooms.

Despite your personal opinion much of the discussion that occurs at LPSG has nothing to do with large cocks at all. There are several forums that many of these topics could fit in and as long as the mods feel it fits in the category that the OP placed it then it will remain there. I'm sorry if you feel offended that yours was moved....and yes I know the topic to which you are referring. This one may be moved yet to go somewhere more appropriate. In the end it's all up to the mods. As far as I'm concerned I don't find fault with the placement of this topic.