Lovin' Gaga's new vid!!!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Am I the only one wondering who the fuck this person is and why anyone gives a shit about her?

Seriously...another pop tart with dubious talent and a penchant for saturating overproduced Autotuned sonic shit with insipid lyrics? Yeah, that's something for everyone to go gaga over. :rolleyes:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Who cares if she can sing ? There's more to entertainment than being a virtuoso singer, and you can go to the opera for that. Half the greatest pop stars of all time have only been passably good singers, it's about the whole package.

I think that vid is great OCMuscleJock ;)

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Am I the only one wondering who the fuck this person is and why anyone gives a shit about her?

Seriously...another pop tart with dubious talent and a penchant for saturating overproduced Autotuned sonic shit with insipid lyrics? Yeah, that's something for everyone to go gaga over. :rolleyes:

wow...you really should watch tv and such. This girl is amazing...and she's got an amazing voice ... Acapella performances to prove it and fantastic on the piano. She writes music for LOTS of the big stars even stuff for Madonna and Rhianna thats recent. Guess ya' should do a lil homework before you go slamming somehting/someone you know noting about :)

fyi she's been around for years ...behind the scenes writing and performing. I wasn't trying to be a dick btw...just it bothers me when people admit to not knowing anyting about a person or subject...yet develop a biased opinion on the person or subject they know nothing about.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No worries, OC. I readily admit I know nothing of this person other than the crap saturating the airwaves when I'm in the car.

To your examples, though...I had no idea who Rihanna was before she got punched in the eye, either.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No worries, OC. I readily admit I know nothing of this person other than the crap saturating the airwaves when I'm in the car.

To your examples, though...I had no idea who Rihanna was before she got punched in the eye, either.

:) hehehe TMZ! or OMG! ...and you'll be set on the who's who of hollywood...and what they're wearing! lol

I don't see her appeal. If she is writing songs for other people then maybe she should save them for herself because this one is about as empty as it gets.

She doesn't have the wry humor or edge of Pink, doesn't have the catchiness of Christina Aguilera, nor the distinctiveness of Gwen Stefani. She comes across, at least in this video, as insubstantial. Sure it's a creative video and I'm glad she pulled that green couture number off the Paris runway, but it doesn't make her a presence in the mind; Madonna she's not.

I also don't think she's pretty and if you're going to trade on your looks then you should be. Plenty of talented unattractive people around but they have talent. I think, if Lady GaGa is everything you say she is, she might just as well stay behind the scenes writing for others. I've already heard rumors about her being a hermaphrodite or intersexed or a man and I can see she worked hard in this video to dispel those rumors.

Last edited by a moderator:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoy her work. She is bringing an understanding of basic performace art to a population which lacks this understanding. As Cher use to wear the outfits and be interesting at award shows...I would think, "Well who will do that now?" I was explaining to a few rather sheltered old English teachers I know about what her songs were about and the blended periods she uses. They had dismissed her work but then gave it another shot and examined it like poetry...they just needed an intro to the idea ya know...they really enjoyed her performace now and seek it out if it will be on TV...like on SNL. So I think that is cool. Thanks OC. :)

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I loved it....
the enlarged contat lenses creeped me out, but whatever.

I agree with Hilaire.... you don't need to be the best singer to be good entertainment. I love opera too, but if you did something like that video to 'Visi d'arte' the opera people would die.

It's just right.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
you never cease to amaze me OC MUSCLE JOCK. I love how nuanced you are while being the the biggest, hottest, fuck machine in the whole world. keep it up dude!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I really like this new song, its pretty weird. Her deeper singing voice is much more pleasant to hear than the typical Britney Spears type poppy higher pitched voice. She has the ability to sing with a beautiful vibrato. She has a sophisticated singing ability.

Not to mention her unusual looks and fashion get her popularity like no one else. She'd wear a wooden shoe for a hat and make it look cool.

Albiet shes a super weird gal, she can sing and used to perform in night clubs. So shes not an autotoon hollywood creation. She also went to Juliard ;)

Her awesome piano work is right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8SrlbpJ5A&feature=related

Her loungy singing abilities are here:

YouTube - Lady GaGa Poker Face Acoustic - BBC Radio 1 Live (HQ) AND DOWNLOAD LINK!

Last edited by a moderator:

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really like this new song, its pretty weird. Her deeper singing voice is much more pleasant to hear than the typical Britney Spears type poppy higher pitched voice. She has the ability to sing with a beautiful vibrato. She has a sophisticated singing ability.

Not to mention her unusual looks and fashion get her popularity like no one else. She'd wear a wooden shoe for a hat and make it look cool.

Albiet shes a super weird gal, she can sing and used to perform in night clubs. So shes not an autotoon hollywood creation. She also went to Juliard ;)

Her awesome piano work is right here: YouTube - Lady Gaga - Paparazzi (Live Acoustic)

Her loungy singing abilities are here:

YouTube - Lady GaGa Poker Face Acoustic - BBC Radio 1 Live (HQ) AND DOWNLOAD LINK!

Thanks for posting this :) She's just freakin awesome...and a freak too! LOVE IT!

OK, I've listened to those two links. It appears she does have talent. I am corrected. I guess the synthpop autotune stuff is just to pay the bills?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Marilyn Manson & Elton John's love child.

Gaga has genuine talent and a good voice. She's smart when it comes to marketing herself as well. She knows that what gets attention in this climate is the the bizarre and horrifying so she's become the glam-pop nightmare for the decade. Much as I can't stomach attention whores I can't fault an artist for trying to get themselves in the public eye. Even if I consider them an eyesore.

I like sweating my ass off dancing in a club so I quite liked "Just Dance". I also thought "Poker Face" was dumb. Both opinions formed prior to seeing her trainwrecked highness.

My preference would be to just enjoy the music when I like and not have to hear about what effed up outfit she wore last but then she's not doing this for me.

FleshlightMouth

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She also had a couple of great performances on SNL, including a medley of "LoveGame," "Bad Romance" & "Poker Face"... with some piano-only and acapella passages... AND, speaking of brilliant self-marketing, just such a phenom from about a quarter century ago (with much less vocal talent) was featured in a skit on that same show... surprise guest Madonna, in an all out mock-fight with her present-day version :cool:

Gaga's SNL Performances! - Lady Gaga's MySpace Blog |

Love ya, OC!