Low facial hair @ 19

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by fak_et, May 26, 2007.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

I am just wondering if anyone has any input on this. Basically I am 19 and I have low facial hair compared to my peers. I have enough that i need to shave every few days but I don't think i could grow a full beard/mustache if iwanted to. I have friends that if they go one day without shaving they almost have a full mustache or whatnot.

Body hair is also somewhat non-existant (though i dont mind this because i like the bare look).

I am wondering if anyone is like me and what happened about the situation? Will it eventually start growing faster or will it just be like this?

I don't really see it as a problem but i am just curious. Other than the facial and body hair, i think all my other puberty stuff is on schedule if not ahead of it..

2. smoothnfree

smoothnfree New Member

Albums:
    i have very little facial hair as well. and I'm 33. Onlyhair i have is pubic hair. I'm completely happy with it.

3. snoozan

Gold Member

My husband is 39 and though he has slightly more hair (on his body) than he did when he was younger, it's still not that much at all. I prefer things that way, but when hairy guys shave their body I find that even less attractive than just staying hairy.

I wouldn't worry about it because the amount of body hair you have is usually genetic and not related to a hormone imbalance or anything.

You may get a bit more hair, though at this point I would bet that the odds of you suddenly developing a mat of thick chesthair or a full beard in the next couple of years is pretty low.

4. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a full mustache and very little other facial hair. No chest hair.

5. PowayWolfman

PowayWolfman Well-Known Member

Albums:
    im 30 bro, and only shave once every 3 days too.

6. benderten2001

Gold Member

fak-et, in an effort to encourage you just a little bit, awhile back, I posted remarks in another thread about "late maturing" and how I had noticed "a thicker beard" kicking in somewhat later in life. In fact, some of the lighter blondish hair began getting thicker, darker on my face and even on my abdomen. Several guys posted just after me who mentioned noticing the same thing about themselves!

I'm not a hairy bear by any stretch of the imagination, but I really would have loved to have had (back in my twenties) even just a little of what I have now! So, don't lose hope! :wink:

We all mature differently in many, many different ways.

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm 45 and still can't grow a full beard......tho I have hairy legs and a light dusting of hair elsewhere

8. BJT

BJT New Member

Don't worry about it, I'm 21 and I shave twice a week. I got a full head of hair, hairy legs and pubic hair but thats it.

9. diego

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i am 21 years old, and i don't have just a little hair in my legs. And i can't grow up a beard either. Just few hair grrow under mustache and chin. I need to shave every 3 days. I would like to know how is to have sideburns.

10. Blocko

Blocko Member

My best friend shaves once a week... he's my age... Yet I've been able to grow a beard since I was 16. It's funny how that works.

11. mattflanders

mattflanders Member

Albums:
    I turned 20 in March and the last couple of weeks my beard started to grow a lot faster than it used to. Now I have to shave every day and maybe two months ago it was only necessary 2 times a week. But it's thickest on my chin and the sideburns and not that much on my cheeks.

So, don't worry about it, I guess.

12. Onslow

Gold Member

I started shaving regualrly at age 14, in fact one of the birthday presents I got for my 14th birthday--a shaving kit. Razor, blades, a cup and a brush for applicating the shaving cream around the face.
    Come to think of it that and a Timex watch were all I got that year. I still have the razor (although I no longer use it).

13. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

There's no way of telling, from the information presented. You could still be growing, or you could be done with it and what you've got is all there'll be. It's all in the genes.

How have other male members of your family developed?

14. mindseye

Gold Member

Shaving's a pain in the neck. Literally. I'd much rather not have to worry about it so often.

15. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't sweat it...it's genetic.

I'm very much the same way...at almost 32, I still couldn't grow a full beard if I tried. There are areas on my jawline that just don't fill in. It's odd, as my dad wore a full beard in his 20s. But there is a significant amount of Native American in my bloodline...my body overall is fairly hairless.

Take a look at the face pics in my gallery...the two where I've written on the mirror show me with about 10 days' growth on my face. It takes 2-3 days for the stubble on me to look like 5 o'clock shadow.

16. burns1de

Gold Member

Don't worry about it, it varies from one man to another. I know plenty of guys who are my age (or older) and have little to no facial hair. Personally, at 16, I was able to grow a full beard and because of this I was never carded once in my life. It's also possible that your puberty might be a little late in coming.

17. Matthew

Gold Member

I went through a "second puberty" at age 19-20 where I grew chest hair, had to shave a lot more, etc., even though I first matured at like 12-13.

Maybe you will and maybe you won't, but it's definitely not anything to worry about.

18. theseareghosts

the same thing happened to me. my voice dropped over night (i never had the whole cracking voice thing) when i was 12 so i sounded like i was a 20 year old but only the body of kid and plus all the normal puberty stuff. i was the first guy at my school for this to happen to, the guys mocked me throughly, but that was probably just jealously... then when i was 20-ish my chest hair came in and at 25 i could finally grow a full beard.

19. amiegrrl

amiegrrl New Member

My BF is 27 and *just* started to be able to grow a full goatee. He had very blonde hair as a child and it's been darkening since then. He was always self-concious bcz he couldn't grow a beard. He still can't grow hair on his cheeks, but he has a very nice, full goatee that makes him look his age (finally! lol). Very hairy arms, ass and legs though... But no, you're certainly not alone. :)

20. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am 23 and still low facial hair
    legs, pubic etc are bushes in case I don't shave

Draft saved Draft deleted