Low/medium/high circumcision

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
ADDENDUM: I should also have noted in Link 12 another site, halfclip.dyndns.info , for further illustrations and descriptions.

There's an interesting section on this site on variations in foreskin length, as they occur naturally.

This guy's perception of what the most common foreskin length is (with some overhang) is a bit different from mine - I don't think most men have much overhang at all - though some certainly do!

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
High is when the scar is further away from the glands. Low is when it is closer to the glands. The tightness of the circumcision has NOTHING to do with how low or high the scar is because you can have high and loose, high and tight, low and loose or low and tight.

This comes from a guy who actually ASKED for what circumcision I wanted and RECEIVED what I asked for.

That's what I've heard, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I think we should change it around.

It doesnt need to and dont change it around because it confuses people. Though I would imagine thats just what you want to do.

Circed_85

Just Browsing
Media
"This comes from a guy who actually ASKED for what circumcision I wanted and RECEIVED what I asked for."

wow what did you ask for?
how much inner skin, did you keep the frenum?

D_Stavelay Strappon

Experimental Member
Media
I was wondering if there was ever a consensus on what is considered a "High" "Medium" or "Low" circumcision? (How much inner foreskin)
I have about 20% to 30% of my inner foreskin (probably closer to 20%), what would that make mine?
P.S. thanks in advance for responding and please lets not turn this into a
Pro/Anti circumcision debate! :rolleyes:

I am uncut but I hope you still have all your frenulum. That is the big key I think.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"This comes from a guy who actually ASKED for what circumcision I wanted and RECEIVED what I asked for."

wow what did you ask for?
how much inner skin, did you keep the frenum?

I asked for high and medium. I didnt want it to be too tight but I didnt want it to be loose either. So when I am flaccid my scar is right up against my head while when I am hard it stretches back about an inch at my hardest. I did not keep the frenulum because I had a short frenulum.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...the inner skin is anchored at the sulcus; from that point inner and outer layers are of equal lengths (though the inner is doubled) toward the tip, covering the glans and including any overhang. QUOTE] --Link #20.

CLARIFICATION: Mea culpa! :redface::oops: The inner foreskin most definitely is not itself "doubled" (though it does double back on itself during retraction, the tip end traveling backward across the glans and up the shaft). Rather, as I clumsily attempted to say, it and the outer skin form a separable double layer from the sulcus forward. Thus one can get a vague notion from that length of how far back the inner skin might reach--while remembering that both inner and outer skins are extremely flexible and stretchable.

Last edited:

I have pictures in the gallery and curious if I would be rated high or low.

That's a low circumcision as nearly all of the inner foreskin has been removed. That small ring around the base of the glans (what I guess is about a centimeter) is all that's left of the inner foreskin.

S

SirConcis

The size of the inner foreksin is related to the size of the glans. When hard, if you are cut, but kept all of your inner foreksin, your line would be at same distance from rim of head as the tip of head is from rim of head. (roughly speaking). Somewhere between 1.5" and above of inner foreksin, you would have a "high" circ.

If your inner foreksin is only half the length of the distance between rim and tip of glans, then you are "medium" cut, and if it is less than 1/4 inch, you are a "low cut".

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
eliminate as much mucosal tissue as possible. I call that a high and tight (distal) circumcision.

Low would be most of the inner skin is preserved wrong side out upon erection.

In other words low is when they amputate the shaft skin rather than the frenular delta and inner foreskin. High is when the shaft skin is practically fused to the sulcus (groove behind the glans) and almost all inner skin, frenular delta and frenulum is gone.

Well, the nomenclature has entered the popular lexicon and your definition, while it might make sense to you, isn't the accepted practice. You're talking about it from where dxjnorto's eyes are looking at his cock, or when you're on your back with an erection surveying down toward your toes.

Convention is to look at the cock as if you were the photographer or admirer eyeing a naked subject standing up. If the circumcised shaft skin and inner foreskin remnant bunches, it's loose. If it's taut, it's tight. If there is little or no (<1 cm) inner foreskin left, it's a "low" circumcision. If there is more than 2-3 cm of inner foreskin left when erect, it's a "high" circumcision.

Here is an example of a "high & tight" circ at rest.

Attachments

lotrfan24

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which style am I? I'm not sure and I figured y'all could help me figure it out how I am circumcised.

I think maybe moderately circumcised, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

Reactions: CJF88
S

SirConcis

Lorfan, I would put you in a moderate circ (from your flaccid picture), and medium-high location of scar.