Low t

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by ibisc, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ibisc

ibisc New Member

Juat got my results back from DR. Says I have low T, wants me to start taking Testim. Anyone ever use this stuff?:feedback:

2. monel

Gold Member

Sorry, I can't help you with your inquiry but I wonder if you could answer a couple of questions. I'm going for a checkup soon and am curious about Low T.

What were your symptoms and when did you first notice them? Was it a fast "decline" - for lack of a better word?

If you were having erection issues, did you get them at all? morning wood? wanking?

I've been feeling a little lathargic lately and though I never had issues that would lead be to question my T levels, now I'm not so sure.

Again I apologise if I co-opt your thread. I would have sent you a PM but thought maybe others would find your experience helpful.

3. ibisc

ibisc New Member

No problem. I'm 47 yo, and the last year or so haven't been feeling myself. Not as energetic as I used to be. erections were also becoming a problem. Morning wood has become a distant memory. I can get hard but was having trouble keeping hard till I would cum. Didn't matter if I was fucking or jerking off, I just wasn't keeping as hard as I used to. What about you?

4. monel

Gold Member

Thanks man. Similar. I still wake up with pretty hard morning wood but it deflates rapidly once I awake. I can get hard by wanking, though it seems to take more effort and certainly needs manual stimultion. Sex has been an issue. I have had trouble getting hard and when I do, maintaining it. Also my erections are not as hard as they were. What I find strange is that this occurred suddenly and did not "develop" over time. That caused m to think it was not Low T but probably stress related - I have been having a particularly stressful year both personally and professionally. However, as it has now lingered for a lot longer than I thought it wold I'm more concerned now.

5. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

Do you guys exercise? Hard exercise five or six days a week does wonders for vitality and virility! Sorry I can't help with the Testim.

6. sider

sider Member

I started with Testim, but it caused me to break out in a rash. Switched over to the Adrogel pump and that has been working fine. T levels are around 500 now. Seem to have more energy and stronger erections. Not sure, but I think my nuts are a bit smaller. Good luck

7. monel

Gold Member

Yes I get lots of hard exercise. I lift 5 times a week; have low body fat; low blood pressure; No heart problems; don't smoke or do any drugs; drink moderately; take no medications.

8. MC1000

MC1000 Member

Yes and it worked great. Take care to not let it transfer to others.

9. mick93101

mick93101 New Member

My test results were 185. I started on Androgel last month and it made a great deal of difference; morning wood, better recovery from working out and a sense of being in my body again. Although I suspect my nuts are now coasting on the daily application of testosterone infused gel. Also, there is a $50 discount offered from the Androgel people. The stuff is expensive.

10. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

Good luck with the T therapy!

11. onewatcher

onewatcher Active Member

Albums:
    And they will continue to get a bit smaller. A side effect of using T. The pituitary now recognizes that you have more T in your system, and tells the nuts not to produce as much. Or in some cases, as with me, my nut factor quit altogether, thus the need for T. Don't let it bother you in any way. The benefits of T replacement therapy far outweigh a little nut shrinkage.

12. hairyhanger

hairyhanger New Member

I was on Androgel until my insurance no longer covered it. Have now switched to Testim which is covered.
    They are working the same for me. Best that i have felt overall in a long time.
    Applying it every morning is now part of the routine..

13. D_DickBWreth

D_DickBWreth Account Disabled

I have a better idea. Start doing sprints, heavy deadlifts and squats, and play basketball. That should help.

14. onewatcher

onewatcher Active Member

Albums:
    As good as this might sound in theory, exercise does nothing to raise T in men who are in andropause. It is the male version of menopause. It is real! When the testicles have finally reached their expiration date, nothing can be done to get them going again. Women have known forever about menopause, but it is just becoming recognized as a very real male condition. There are other physiological reasons for men to stop producing Testosterone. One example is pituitary tumors. I happen to have a microadenoma of the pituitary which was discovered coincidently when I was being checked out for low T. This may or may not be the reason my T levels were in the low 100's. Men are so reluctant to realize that our bodies age, and wear out. How many of us had grandfathers, fathers, uncles that would fall asleep after every meal, gain lots of weight, have little or no energy? Perhaps if they had had their T levels checked, something that was never done a couple decades ago, they would probably have had much more active and productive lives.
    Now, I don't mean to imply that exercise can't raise T levels in otherwise healthy men, but those of us who are lucky enough to have lived this long and have been diagnosed with andropause, no amount of exercise is going to get the nut factory working again. It can however, help in so many other aspects of our everday lives and well being. Please my fellow LPSG brothers, if you are experiencing symptoms of unusual fatigue, weight gain, lack of motivation, well being, ect, don't hesitate to ask your Dr for a testosterone check. If it comes back low and he won't prescribe hormone replacement therapy, go see an endocrinologist. They specialize in this, GP's and even urologists don't. I've been on T for at least 5 yrs. My BMI is excellent, libido like a 20 yr old ( in fact just had sex with a 28 yr old, I'm 56) and people keep telling me I look buff, even though most I do in the gym is cardio with a little lifting. Don't let pride or ignorance keep you from looking and feeling your best.....

#14 onewatcher, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  15. HungPirate

HungPirate New Member

I agree with that if you're old enough to hit andropause and/or don't want kids. What if you're young and just want to raise your T? Have any of you tried Clomid or Nolvadex -- they make your nuts work harder and prevent getting man-boobs, which sounds like a better option to me. I know man-boobs are a problem for older guys.

16. onewatcher

onewatcher Active Member

Albums:
    I would not use these unless prescribed by an endocrinologist. Before you take anything to raise your T, make sure you have had blood tests to see if your levels are low, and I mean below low-normal. I had a friend that took a suppliment to raise his T and it had the opposite effect and lowered it to almost 0. Hormones are not to be played with, unless an MD prescribes something after doing extensive work up. The way the endocrine system works is that each gland works in harmony with others. You change one, and you will alter others. You certainly don't to end up with lactating breasts do you? I could happen! If you think your T levels are low, see a DR. Do not take anything that you read about in the back of a men's health mag or on the internet.
    Why is this medication prescribed?

Clomid

Clomiphene is used to induce ovulation (egg production) in women who do not produce ova (eggs) but wish to become pregnant (infertility). Clomiphene is in a class of medications called ovulatory stimulants. It works similarly to estrogen, a female hormone that causes eggs to develop in the ovaries and be released.

How should this medicine be used?

Clomiphene comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day for 5 days, beginning on or about day 5 of the cycle. To help you remember to take clomiphene, take it around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take clomiphene exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.

Other uses for this medicine

Clomiphene is also sometimes used to treat male infertility, menstrual abnormalities, fibrocystic breasts, and persistent breast milk production. Talk to your doctor about the possible risks of using this medication for your condition

Draft saved Draft deleted