Lower sex drive and contentment

When I was younger, it was very hard for me to understand how older people could be so laid back about sex and just take it in stride. Now that I'm 58, Thank GOD, I have achieved the same Nirvana that they were experiencing. Don't get me wrong, sex is and hopefully always will be a wonderful and gratifying experience but now, I like it in a more esoteric style. I am no longer driven by the hormones to make self-loathing decisions about who I bed down with. Any body out there experiencing the same?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm a good 30 years your junior, but I've kind of reached said 'nirvana.' Sex and masturbation is great, but I don't need it to survive. My entire existance doesn't hinge on my next lay or wank.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
When I was younger, it was very hard for me to understand how older people could be so laid back about sex and just take it in stride. Now that I'm 58, Thank GOD, I have achieved the same Nirvana that they were experiencing. Don't get me wrong, sex is and hopefully always will be a wonderful and gratifying experience but now, I like it in a more esoteric style. I am no longer driven by the hormones to make self-loathing decisions about who I bed down with. Any body out there experiencing the same?

First, welcome to LPSG!
:smile:
By "esoteric" you mean only understood by certain people, as in your example, "older people?" I don't think that people now view sex as necessarily self-loathing as did people from previous generations. Just like people now don't place a lot of importance in the gender of the person with whom they have sex. On the other hand, although I think younger people are "hot" in a physical sense, I find older people "hotter" by their honesty, friendliness, and lack of attitude as well as wanting to learn more about the person than about the body. For example, I am feeling real attracted to my local pharmacist who is 52 years old, even though he looks older than me. I know he is just doing his job but he comes across as one of the most genuine people I have known. That means trust and that is real hard to get from people who are too young to know what the word means and how it is earned. In that respect, I agree with you 100% but I would like you to say more about this "Nirvana" of which you speak! :smile:

D

deleted356736

I'm 51, a very young looking 51, and I'm just as horny about sex as I every have been, so I think I'll still be very sexual over the next 7 years. I do share a lot of sex with my sexy wife, and every time is as good as the last, and as good as the next to come. And I still have encounters with other women, and the last 'other woman' encounter left me on a high that lasted quite a few days. My wife noticed the difference, and guessed what I'd been up to. It's strange how great sex with another woman can improve the sex you have with your regular partner.

So I think we're all different in regards to ageing and sexual desires.