LPSG - a Facebook Substitute?

londonhanger

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Many of my female friends are obsessed with Facebook and update their profiles several times a day. Just wondering how many women on LPSG are avid Facebook fans? Perhaps belonging here means your less likely to be a Facebook addict. I don't ues Facebook but think that is fairly common amoung guys.

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a facebook account but I don't spend all day updating it. The main purpose for me is to keep up to date with friends and family I haven't physically seen in a few years. I'm not addicted to it, nor do I plan to be. For me, it just has one practical purpose.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I use Facebook, especially when I visit my "hometown." Over the holidays last December I would have missed at least a dozen old friends if I hadn't been updating my status several times a day with location updates. I've never been such an efficient socializer in my life! There is something validating about updating your status with just a photo of where you are and who you're with and having old friends that you adore but haven't seen in ages show up there. Here I rarely use it, just to keep up with my friends who are long distance, which is almost all of them now, but a week or more will go by without an update from me if I'm not visiting places where Facebook friends live.

WriterGirl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a FB profile, mainly to keep in touch with long distance friends and view their photos but probably check it only a couple of times a month. I'm much more likely to call up my friends or email with close friends/relatives.

NottsBound

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I go on it every day. Speak with friends and catch up with them and pictures of nights out.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I made an acct, but don't really know what to do with it.

I mean... I know I could use it as an online diary, but I don't feel like I have that much of general interest to write down and I don't want to bore people. The people that I want to keep in touch with I usually do so via other venues.

I think mostly I'll just end up sticking pics of my kids up there for female friends to coo over :p