LPSG Airways

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ClaireTalon, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

The "Mile High Club" thread, and a number of other posts I saw, and PM's I received make me post this question: Who else here has a pilot license, or has gone through pilot training, be it commercial, military or private? Post below, if possible with your additional ratings, too (like IFR, Aerobatics, etc.).

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Aw, I thought this was going to be an invitation to "Fly Claire".

Damn. *stomps off*

3. dong20

Gold Member

I had similar thoughts, different perks in different classes :wink:

I used to have a PPL (in the late 80's and early 90's) but in 1992/3 I went walkabout and lost currency (min 5 hrs per year then) and despite occasional efforts I have never had the right combination of time, location and money to reclaim it and one GFT was enough. Was only PPL no IFR/IMC or Night rating etc and had less than 100 hrs. I had though about progressing but it was just too expensive at the time.

However now I live in North London, Elstree Aerodrome is only 15 miles from me it turns out so maybe this year I may get my sorry ass in gear. The drone of a 172 or smell of Avgas still invokes potent nostalgia. My instructor was into aerobatics and if we used the 152 he used to try and scare me witless....once or twice he came close but he was too good to screw up. He also used to pull fuses to see how long it took me to notice guages in the red etc....git.

Happy days, now you remind me I realise how much I miss them.

4. ceg1526

ceg1526 Member

I had my private pilot's back in the 1980s - Cesana 150s, 152s, and 170s. I was working on my IFR when I was laid off from a job, and never picked it back up.

My favorite memory was flying a three corner, with the final leg under a hood. Right above Marin County, my instructor pulled the hood off, and I was right above the Golden Gate Bridge, looking toward the City. Since it was the first day of Regatta, all the small craft were out on the Bay with their spinnakers flying. Gorgeous day.

Take care

Ceg

5. Gustavovolvo

Gustavovolvo New Member

I'm into sky diving but have no interest in learning to fly a plane. My brother on the other hand has a pilots license but is scared of the idea of sky diving.

Draft saved Draft deleted