LPSG and insomnia

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been an insomniac since the cradle, and will undoubtedly continue for the long haul.... 5 hours is almost unheard of, 4.5 is about perfect.

due to my insomnia, and almost 20 hours a day of productivity, I finished high school 2 years early, started my own business, and am now semi-retired. I'm 27

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From time to time, I am. Mostly when I've had sex during the day, it somehow pushes the adrenaline to a level I can live off for a day and a night. Sex in the evening gives me a more short-timed rush, after a short phase during which sleep is the last thing I can think off comes a phase of deep tiredness, and I'm out like a light.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
novice_btm said:
How many people here are insomniacs? It turns out that the majority of people that I chat with regularly on here are.

Sorcerer
Alex8
Madame Zora
Me (yes, I talk to myself regularly :wink: )

A few others, that I don't know if it's ok to mention, but now I'm curious about it.

Add me to the list--I'm a night person, anyway...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
joyboytoy79 said:
The longer you go without adequate sleep, the more skilled you become at feigning a level of functioning. I, for example, proof-read most of my posts 3 times before submitting them, only to re-proof them a few minutes after submission and finding a bazillion spelling errors. This is not "functioning", but it appears to be!

Oh, so true! Some of my longer posts take literally hours because it takes so long to proofread, and I STILL often find typos after the editing time is up *cries*.

I drive in the slow lane.

I rarely go to groceries or Wal-Mart during the day because I know how likely it is that I'll go off on someone.

Can't hold a real job anymore.

I've just given in to insomnia as a fact of my life. Like Sorcerer, it's been a lifelong curse. In my case, I do believe it's related to the chemical imbalance that led to my addiction to alcohol- removing the alcohol doesn't cure the imbalance that was there to begin with. I'm extremely fortunate that I don't seem to suffer the common "depression" that so frequently accompanies insomnia, but it is limiting on my productivity. I can take pills to manage it, but then they have other side effects that are even less tolerable.

Looks like I'm going to be a self-employed bitch that haunts the interweb for a while.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
dong20 said:
Sleepless in the Bronx....A possible sequel?
Yes, that title applies to my nights in NYC too dong20. The noises of the Grand Concourse disturbed my sleep during my holiday.

Even though I am back in quiet N.P. I do tend to have difficulty getting to sleep and getting up in the morning.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
madame_zora said:
Oh, so true! Some of my longer posts take literally hours because it takes so long to proofread, and I STILL often find typos after the editing time is up *cries*.
I love it when somebody accuses one of our prolific posters of having dual personalities on the board. Like the hours you spend posting under one name is not enough, you would sign up another account and post hundreds of posts a month under that user name.

Now I, on the other hand with a single post every few days, am actually Mme.Z alter ego (or Alex 8's, or...)
madame_zora said:
I've just given in to insomnia as a fact of my life. Like Sorcerer, it's been a lifelong curse. In my case,
I am amused when people tell me that it is not genetic or natural and that there are no “real” insomniacs or night people and it is just what you get used to. As an infant my parents would come into my room at 2:00 AM and I would be sitting there with my eyes open wide, not crying, and staring at the celing.. They said it was very spooky. I assume if I were born around the middle ages a stake would have been driven through my heart at the tender young age of 3 months.
madame_zora said:
Looks like I'm going to be a self-employed bitch that haunts the interweb for a while.
Just so long as you don't go bitching too much at your other personalities.:wink:

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
joyboytoy79 said:
That's only because you spend your nights awake, thinking of me, and how you wish i was there. But it's OK babe, if you close your eyes and sleep, you'll find i am there, in your dreams:smile:

If only you knew the truth behind that statement.

And it's not good enough for you to be in my dreams only . . . I want you here, physcially, damn it. :smile:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
joyboytoy79 said:
OK, well, if i take the 8:16am train tomorrow i can be there at about 10:30am.

*fires evil glances in the direction of such "morning person" train times* :saevil: