LPSG and insomnia

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes insomnia pays off:

I've been moving this past week. My old lease was up on the 31st. My old roommate had still not moved any of his shit (yes, it was shit. 90% of it was trash [in the litteral sense]) as of (what is now) yesterday. So, i've been up all night disposing of his crap. I got it done though! I doubt a non-insomniac would have been able to keep up the required energy level.

Tonight, sleeplessness was a blessing.

Oh shit, I've been moving too.

Right now I'm sweeping up the last of the scraps of spandex and assorted oddities- I hate the part where I have to find places for the crap I didn't want to begin with. I should just stop here and throw the rest away.

I finally slept today, on a concrete floor with two blankets and a pillow. When sleep comes, I just take it.

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry MB, hope you get sleep later in the week!

I personally don't expect to get much for the next 2 weeks.

Oh, well, at least I'll be with some of my favorite people!

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok. who knows if any of the OP's concerns are relevant now, but have you ever seen the hours that I post and where I'm from:wink:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok. who knows if any of the OP's concerns are relevant now, but have you ever seen the hours that I post and where I'm from:wink:

Yeah, but posting at the most fucked-up hours of the day in your timezone is a great way to get to know people who are awake in other parts of the world. :rolleyes:

*tries to put yet another positive spin on insomnia* :cool:

*and fails to do so* :rolleyes:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Yeah, but posting at the most fucked-up hours of the day in your timezone is a great way to get to know people who are awake in other parts of the world. :rolleyes:

There are positive aspects. You just have to be more specific, dude.:tongue:

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media

Nope, I agree with you, actually.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can usually fall asleep initially, but I often wake up in the middle of the night (or wee morning hours) and can't get back to sleep.

I've learned that it's better to just get up and do something (like surf LPSG) than it is to lie in bed, tossing and turning, frustrated with the fact that I'm not asleep.

This runs in my family, too. My dad has it. But he's a workaholic computer programmer, so if he wakes up in the middle of the night he usually just "gets some work done." :rolleyes:

I'd much rather hang out here.:biggrin1:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've learned that it's better to just get up and do something (like surf LPSG)...

I'd much rather hang out here.:biggrin1:

Just in case anyone wondered how all we insomniacs at LPSG manage to rack up hundreds/thousands of posts in next to no time. :rolleyes:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just in case anyone wondered how all we insomniacs at LPSG manage to rack up hundreds/thousands of posts in next to no time. :rolleyes:

As an oft-prolific post whore, i know this to be true. I find i am at my most effective when i'm not sleeping in wee hours of the morning and the rest of the world lies in slumber. Of course, i've also noted that my posts lack correct spelling and grammar (even more so than normally) at 4 and 5 am.

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it's almost 6 in the morning here... and I haven't slept since Christmas eve...

Long week!

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As my connection is currently slower than dial-up I confess to not reading all 7 pages. To post this will likely take 6 or 10 tries. To answer your question is is 3:56 A.M, and I wake up at 7:15 for work. I am starting to think we need another category for those of us who do this crap night after night and still (sort of) function the next day.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As my connection is currently slower than dial-up I confess to not reading all 7 pages. To post this will likely take 6 or 10 tries. To answer your question is is 3:56 A.M, and I wake up at 7:15 for work. I am starting to think we need another category for those of us who do this crap night after night and still (sort of) function the next day.

I can just see it now, "The Vampires of LPSG!" Shouldn't that require costumes?

I'm *hoping* to have my computer back in my own place, working, by tomorrow- then I'll be haunting the place again.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can just see it now, "The Vampires of LPSG!" Shouldn't that require costumes?

I'm *hoping* to have my computer back in my own place, working, by tomorrow- then I'll be haunting the place again.

You mean I finally get to wear a cape? I'll take velvet please!

And was that haunting, or hunting?:wink:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:naughty: I guess I have selective insomnia. Sometimes it just takes more, well, more orgasms to fall asleep. Sometimes I dont have to work the next day so make myself stay up late just for the sheer pleasure of sleeping in.
Sometimes Ive fallen asleep during the day (Not at work!!) and can't sleep at night.
Now I am very thankful for this place- it in all honesty is one of the most interesting, entertaining, and informative boards Ive had the fortune to be referred to (Thanks again Yorkie). It really does beat anything I can find on telly at this time of night.:biggrin1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a certifiable insomniac...usually awake until 3am on any given night. I'm also usually awake around 9am, and tend to function well on the 5 or so hours of sleep I get each night.

I typically pick one "make-up" day during the weekend and sleep in until noon...my wife likes those days, because she'll wake me up for morning nookie around 10 and then get up and get some stuff accomplished...then she'll come back to bed around noon for more playtime. :biggrin1:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm running on about 3 hours' sleep in the past 3 days, so may be a little frenetic. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that the tiniest little things are enough to annoy me enormously right now....

...so don't say you weren't warned! :saevil: