LPSG Browsing Habits

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
After being here awhile I find that I've developed certain browsing "habits". Check if you do any of these. Do you:

1. ...have certain forums you immediately check and others you almost always ignore?

2. ...do a quick browse of more interesting tidbits before even logging in?

3. ...start to reply to a thread then realize it's older than Methuselah?

4. ...see checks next to threads you've posted to, but haven't a clue when or what you said?

5. ...click on a thread that looks like it's gonna be a hot one only to discover it was posted by someone of a gender other that what you had anticipated? (craps)

6. ...go "oh shit, here we go again" at yet another "are black men bigger" thread?

7. ...come across some really shitty comment, then double check your "friends" list to make sure the person who posted it isn't among them?

8. ...edit your post multiple times to "soften the blow", then edit again or two times more after you've posted it?

9. [have you] ...bitten your tongue?

10. ...spend far more time here than what one would consider "healthy"? :tongue:

edit: 11. Have you started a thread then realized you've fucked up the name of the site?

SweetLovesVick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lately I am :
<<10. ...spend far more time here than what one would consider "healthy"?>>

I find myself afraid if I do not sign in daily that I might miss a really good thread!

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
After being here awhile I find that I've developed certain browsing "habits". Check if you do any of these. Do you:

1. ...have certain forums you immediately check and others you almost always ignore?
I always check Sex With a Large Penis, Relationships..., and Etc..Etc. Occasionally Politics...the rest I ignore.
I'm always logged in so...
Yes
4. ...see checks next to threads you've posted to, but haven't a clue when or what you said?
Yes.
5. ...click on a thread that looks like it's gonna be a hot one only to discover it was posted by someone of a gender other that what you had anticipated? (craps)
No.

6. ...go "oh shit, here we go again" at yet another "are black men bigger" thread?
I guess I haven't been here long enough.
7. ...come across some really shitty comment, then double check your "friends" list to make sure the person who posted it isn't among them?
No...but this made me LOL
8. ...edit your post multiple times to "soften the blow", then edit again or two times more after you've posted it?
Not yet.
Not really...but sometimes I'll type out a long reply and then just delete it thinking, "Its not worth it..."
10. ...spend far more time here than what one would consider "healthy"? :tongue:
Not yet..I'm working on it. =)
edit: 11. Have you started a thread then realized you've fucked up the name of the site?

Answers in red.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. I always open Sex w/ a Large Penis, Relationships, Etc Etc, and Politics immediately (straight adult websites too, if I have ample privacy). I almost always ignore Showoffs, Celebrity Endowments, and Fictitious Stories.
I'm always logged in on my computer.
I tend to not dredge up threads, and I avoid recently-dredged threads also. For example, I was way behind on seeing Avatar, and I wanted to resurrect an old thread to say how awful I thought it was, but I resisted.
Sometimes
Not often, no. This happens most often on my rare visits to the Fictitious Stories forum. A story will have a promising title, but it'll be gay.
All the fucking time.
I don't add "friends" often, and most of my "friends" don't post too often, so it's not much of a worry to me.
Not after I've posted, no. I edit rarely, and it's usually to fix grammar or add a link I forgot. Prior to posting though, I can type and re-type a response a half-dozen times changing the wording.
Pretty often, especially in the Politics forum.
Yes, but this can be applied to just about any site I visit

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I'm kind of random. Typically I check new threads before going to my control panel and checking the threads I'm already subscribed to. (I actually only recently discovered I can subscribe to threads without posting in them. Such a cyberklutz. Now I'm way oversubscribed.) Sometimes I check specific forums like Politics or Etc. to see if there's something new, fun or interesting. Sometimes a thread pops up in the sidebar and catches my eye. Sometimes I check the post history of members that interest me, and that leads me to other threads. There are lots of threads that make me roll my eyes, especially on stupid well-worn subjects. I have bitten my tongue many times. Gender (or race, or orientation, etc.) plays no part in my interest in a post unless it's pertinent to the point of view. I try not to let my personal bias toward a poster, positive or negative, color my response. I tend to edit fairly often, to refine or clarify the message, if I catch a typo, just to space it on the page better. I often forget what I've posted in a thread, even if it's only a few days old, definitely if it's much older. I typically respond to PM's later at night when I'm winding down.

I usually have several forums I check - Etc, Politics and Fun/Games. Then if I ain't got no messages, I head off to chat to see who's about. :)

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

yes, usually its etc. fora
no

I have never given this any thought! :redface:

no

nope
happens all the time!
never! who am we to judge!
I edit but not for those reasons.
of course

nope
P.S. I usually go streight to chat! :biggrin1:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I usually start by clicking on "New posts," but when I do browse a forum, it is most likely to be "Et Cetera." By contrast, you could delete the forums "Celebrity Endowments," "Penis Enlargement," "Fictitious Stories," "Webcams," and "Personal Ads" from the site without my noticing.

I'm not sure that I understand the question, but I think the answer is "No."

It is usually obvious when a thread is old. I do not understand how some people can revive an old thread and post a reply to a message posted years earlier without having any clue to what they are doing.

Only if it is a thread from way back.

No.

I don't say "Here we go again"; I say "There they go again," and I don't visit the thread.

No. I suppose that's one benefit of not accepting "friend" requests from people with whom I have had no previous communication.

I have done that many times.

I have sometimes typed a message in the "Reply" box and then decided that it was not worth posting.

Yup.

Nope. I can understand garbling an initialism like "LPSG"; what amazes me is the number of titles containing spellings of common and well-known words, like "woman" and "penis."

istanbulean

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I check to see if I get any replies

No, wait until login :)

Damn, always...

no. i know what i said. or, do i?

yeah, that shit happens. and i look at the percentages..

sometimes.

no, my friends are the best.

nope.

several timess..

nah...

nope
[/QUOTE]

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

LOL THIS HITS HOME WITH ME :biggrin1:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I never click on the Funny Stuff, PE or Show Off fora but will occasionally click on a specific thread if I find the topic interesting as it appears in the "latest thread/post" boxes.

I never log out of LPSG

All the time...

My short-term memory's total rubbish, so this happens all the time. I'm generally pleased with my response(s) when reviewing older threads :cool:

No

...and circ threads and father/uncle threads, too. I never even bother with them, as they are almost always pointless.

No, but I have "defriended" some people whom I evidently didn't know as well as I'd thought in light of some especially heinous post(s).

I review every post (or PM) at least twice, occasionally many more times than that. Really complicated or especially long replies can easily take a couple of hours of construction.

But this isn't really to "soften" any "blow", it's because I really dislike slap-dash or minimally coherent posts, most especially with my name on them. I also check for formatting issues and make sure that my links actually go where I want them to.

All the time :rolleyes:

10. ...spend far more time here than what one would consider "healthy"?
:tongue:

Define "healthy" :redface:

No, but I did fuck up WTF in a thread title once
:redface:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Generally check my profile page first to see if I've had any new visitors or visitor comments. Then check the profile of new visitors. Until recently, forgot to check for PMs. Didn't really notice the "Notifications" in the upper right screen corner.

Then check my thread subscriptions page for updates from the last time I was on the site. Subscriptions now number 7335, from about three and quarter years. Sometimes will click on new threads/postings from the right side of the screen when going through subscription threads.

Finally, check the forums main page to see if there's any good new stuff, either threads or postings.

Frequently edit my own new postings.

Pretty dull, I guess.

Last edited:

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Pretty much always check for notifications first, PM's and the like. Then check if any threads i've posted on are continuing....also check if i've been quoted in any threads (gives me a narcissistic 'joygasm', even if i get ragged on for some or other stupid shit i may have said)
Often check my posts (should i have the chance) as i'm incredibly anal about spelling... pretty much bordering on O.C.D although i'd much rather wash my hands and lock and unlock the door to the office multiple times than spend 10 to 15 minutes editing. However, as my LPSG visits are done in a clandestine manner, more often than not at work.. (i can multi-task.. i'm just not recognised for it) i have to just slap on a post and deal with the consequences..... especially if those consequences are critical 'Dude...you should really read up on this stuff' comments or 'what are you on?'....My connection speed isn't the greatest... i didn't have time to google it or Wiktionary it..... so 'Fek off ya fekkin ijjit'
Have i babble-hogged again??

"i love sam_solo26" and miss his witty repartee

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1. ...have certain forums you immediately check and others you almost always ignore? I always check the womens issues first, etc, relantionships, sometimes sex with a large penis, funny stuff, sometimes I look in the show off area and the adult websites. I stay out of the personal ads, though I have posted when someone just does a roll call for the area and I see it on the side bar, I've visited celeb endowments only if I see something of interest pop up, same for underwear, clothing and fict. stories. I say hello on the intro thread sometimes as well.

No

No, I rarely notice how old something is.

4. ...see checks next to threads you've posted to, but haven't a clue when or what you said? This is a possibility

5. ...click on a thread that looks like it's gonna be a hot one only to discover it was posted by someone of a gender other that what you had anticipated? (craps) Not really

6. ...go "oh shit, here we go again" at yet another "are black men bigger" thread? LMAO at those threads

7. ...come across some really shitty comment, then double check your "friends" list to make sure the person who posted it isn't among them? I have noticed the shitty comments but I just ignore them for the most part.

8. ...edit your post multiple times to "soften the blow", then edit again or two times more after you've posted it? I edit my post over and over as I re-read it and think that an intelligent person is never going to understand my ramblings.

9. [have you] ...bitten your tongue? What does that have to do with anything? And yes I have and it really hurts.

Without a doubt, but I love it.

edit: 11. Have you started a thread then realized you've fucked up the name of the site. Not to my knowledge.

Edit: I just realized I took number 9 totally out of context. I have decided to leave my original answer and re- answer 9. Yes, I have bitten my tongue. I tend not to add something when I have nothing nice to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Titan, do you have an employer who monitors the content of your Web usage?

BTW, anybody who uses Chace Crawford for his avatar must be a worthy guy, having such good taste and all.

However, as my LPSG visits are done in a clandestine manner, more often than not at work.. (i can multi-task.. i'm just not recognised for it)

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Titan, do you have an employer who monitors the content of your Web usage?

BTW, anybody who uses Chace Crawford for his avatar must be a worthy guy, having such good taste and all.

Whoa.... got me paranoid there for a sec..... LOL. No my employer doesn't. But i think he suspects me of being a little 'left of the middle' anyway, and as such probably wouldn't mind... just so long as i get my work done first... and don't pick up any viruses whilst doing my 'unchecked and rampant browsing'!!!
Thanks for the compliment though.... they say we all have an identical twin out there somewhere.... i would (could) be Chase's.. ;) and yes, i agree, he is truly a 'thing of beauty'!!!

"i love sam_solo26" whether he looks like chace crawford or not!