• Edwards

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say Obama. The others seem kind of fake and 'more of the same'. From the limited coverage I've seen, Obama is the lesser of the evils and seems like a genuine guy although that could very well be his shtick.

Out of curiosity: is 'caucus' derived from Caucasian and does it therefore imply that only white people would vote in a caucus? Just wondering.

dictionary.com says it derives from an old word from drinking cup...

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am watching this race with great interest. Here are a few problems that I see with the upcoming election. Anyone who thinks America doesn't have problems Racism, Sexism and Super Conservatism anymore is looking the other way. Obama is black and no matter how articulate he is there are many many people here who will not vote for him just because he is black and they will vote for anyone else just to keep him out of office. I won't even try to explain why a man with the middle name of Osama will have trouble being elected in the U.S. As with Hillary, she is a woman and there are many here who would not vote for a woman no matter how intelligent she is and how good a president she would make, not to mention all the scandals she was in the middle of while Bill was in office. I believe that Ron Paul will take away enough Republican votes to keep any Republican from being elected and not enough votes to get him elected with his ultra Conservative beliefs. Now will a Clinton/Obama ticket take the election this round ? Or a Obama/Clinton ticket take the election ? Just might do it. Who would Huckabee chose for a running mate ? Biden is a Mormon. How many Christians will vote for someone else just to keep Biden (a Mormon) from being elected ? Would a Huckabee/Biden ticket take the election ? Could all the votes of the South and all the Mormon votes make these two a electable couple ? I sure as the fuck don't know, but I am as of Jan 1st watching everything this group of misfits say and do and hopefully I will make a good decision when I go to the polls. Just my opinion and not my beliefs for any of these. I will vote for who I think will be best for this country no matter what color or sex or whatever.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am watching this race with great interest.
But apparently not paying too much attention to the facts.
...I won't even try to explain why a man with the middle name of Osama will have trouble being elected in the U.S. As with Hillary, she is a woman and there are many here who would not vote for a woman no matter how intelligent she is and how good a president she would make, not to mention all the scandals she was in the middle of while Bill was in office. I believe that Ron Paul will take away enough Republican votes to keep any Republican from being elected and not enough votes to get him elected with his ultra Conservative beliefs. Now will a Clinton/Obama ticket take the election this round ? Or a Obama/Clinton ticket take the election ? Just might do it. Who would Huckabee chose for a running mate ? Biden is a Mormon. How many Christians will vote for someone else just to keep Biden (a Mormon) from being elected ? Would a Huckabee/Biden ticket take the election ? Could all the votes of the South and all the Mormon votes make these two a electable couple ? I sure as the fuck don't know, but I am as of Jan 1st watching everything this group of misfits say and do and hopefully I will make a good decision when I go to the polls. Just my opinion and not my beliefs for any of these. I will vote for who I think will be best for this country no matter what color or sex or whatever.
1)Barack Obama has a middle name of HUSSEIN; it is not Osama.

2)Biden is not a Mormon- at least not according to his press. For the record he is stated to be Roman Catholic.
3)Biden is not a Republican (so your claim later of mixing up Republicans when figuring who is a Mormon loses any importance; since, you do not even know who is Republican and who is Democrat.

4)A Huckabee(Republican)/Biden(Democrat) ticket- why yes. That might well be the way to win an election taking one from each party-that ain't too likely to happen. Who knows, perhaps now that Biden is pulling out of the race he will switch over to Republican or maybe if Huckabee begins to slip he will switch to Democrat or maybe...

Honestly, the idea that someone who is so ill informed will even have thie opportunity to vote is sickening; although, it shows quite well what one of the biggest problems of the current election system is. In order to become a United States citizen, I had to learn about many things; I would like to see the same rule applied towards being given the right to vote in any election. Perhaps just answering 5 to 10 questions about the candidates and who they are. Mind you (and others here) I do greatly appreciate the freedom of voting which exists in The United States; however, between those who do not take part in voting-for whatever reason(s) and those who vote while wearing pillow shams of ignorance over their heads, it is just terribly shameful.

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I voted for Obama

I have a lot of admiration and respect for Hillary Clinton, however she does not have what all brilliant politicians like JFK, Reagan, Bill Clinton have, which is the down to earth "common touch", an ability to connect with people in a warm and simple way that makes them feel special and engaged. She comes accross as wooden, stage managed and controlled.

Obama has the common touch and his simple message of change, national unity and America providing a fresh approach internally and externally reminds me of JFK and Martin Luther King - its what America needs moving forwards and it certainly seems to be connecting with voters.

Hillary does not have the "common touch" - the real Hillary I believe is that wonderful warm academic with the large glasses, very liberal, passionate, very bright, a bit of a loner and really caring about people and America.

However the white house years combined with a lust for power, the spin doctors, speech makers, event managers, image consultants, pollsters, expensive makeovers - have created a blonde polished "Stepford Wife" style image and a very stage managed appearance and delivery. I think that people realise that this is not the real Hillary and dont connect with her.

However, her biggest drawback is the fact that as a Clinton, she does not represent change, but rather a continuation of the Clinton-Bush dynasty years, and people remember the White House years, Whitewater, the Clinton sex scandals etc. Surrounded by all of Bill's old cronies does not provide a fresh approach and people can sense this and vote accordingly.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Clinton- but with reservations.

Edwards- just something 'plastic' about the guy, I trust my gut and gut says 'no'.

Obama? I have to agree, too young/too green. He also seems to pander.

Clinton- I really thing she is the smartest of the bunch (the Senate hearings using no notes) _but_ she is so totally polarizing... (I also think Bill could be a real asset). I have always been intrigued why straight white males (no offense meant) seem so utterly terrified of her- a strong female not hiding behind her husband maybe?

Is she a politcal creature? YEP! are the rest of them? YEP! Do you see it more clearly in here? YEP!