LPSG change of name

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Been toying with the idea of changing my LPSG name from Tardis to something else.(only thinking about it at the moment)

Have any of you ever changed yours?

Do posters get used to it?

Have you ever changed back?

And this is a loaded Gun to some of you, but any suggestions?

now if they are bad, i will come back calling hehe.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've changed my name.

Mainly cos my first name (iknowkk) was stupid and inexplicable but those people you don't chat to much miss the news so I did lose some 'casual acquaintances' along the way.

Silliest change I made was after I met Nick8 and fell head over heels. Thought '4nicK8' was brilliant as a play on words and a good use of both our names til a week later I read it out loud and fell off my chair! :redface:

Reactions: dallas_dad65

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I changed mine.
I think a lot of people will never make the connection between your old identity, but most will, and quite soon.
Your friends list will remain the same.
Your old posts will show up under your new name, though quoted posts will appear under the old name.

I don't think there are huge disadvantages in changing.
The advantages depend on how much you want to change your name, and why.
But only you can make those assessments.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PM a Moderator and tell them your new name.

The other thing to remember is that your member ID will be the same.

Which means that if I bookmark your profile now as Tardis.

I will be able to go on it by using that bookmark even when you change your name. This may or not be an issue unless you are trying to hide from a bitch of an ex girlfriend :wink:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
PM a Moderator and tell them your new name.

The other thing to remember is that your member ID will be the same.

Which means that if I bookmark your profile now as Tardis.

I will be able to go on it by using that bookmark even when you change your name. This may or not be an issue unless you are trying to hide from a bitch of an ex girlfriend :wink:

Thanks Incocknito :smile:

Actually I was thinking about doing the same thing. I was speaking with another member in private about it yesterday.

Damm!!, i was gonna be submissiveBoy83 hehe:biggrin1:

D

deleted3782

If you vary too much from your familiar name, a majority of people will forget who you are. Most here strongly identify with your user name. It all depends what your intent is...if you need to reinvent yourself and throw off old karma, then a name-change will serve you well. You could always have a default return name like Tardis.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Been toying with the idea of changing my LPSG name from Tardis to something else.(only thinking about it at the moment)

Have any of you ever changed yours?

Do posters get used to it?

Have you ever changed back?

And this is a loaded Gun to some of you, but any suggestions?

now if they are bad, i will come back calling hehe.

I like Tardis ! My name was Inquiring Mind when I first joined years ago...

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I changed mine from LittleLemon. It got annoying to keep getting messages saying "you're not too little!". As nice as it was, it got tiresome as i had to keep explaining why i had it.

Change it to Pepsicola.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
If you vary too much from your familiar name, a majority of people will forget who you are. Most here strongly identify with your user name. It all depends what your intent is...if you need to reinvent yourself and throw off old karma, then a name-change will serve you well. You could always have a default return name like Tardis.

Good points exwhysee, makes me rethink, i don't want to be forgotton.

Just a heads-up: if You change Your name to something like "AmyPond69", We will know who You are...

LOL@ Mick, my legs are to hairy to be an Amy.

I like Tardis ! My name was Inquiring Mind when I first joined years ago...

Thanks Naughty.

I changed mine from LittleLemon. It got annoying to keep getting messages saying "you're not too little!". As nice as it was, it got tiresome as i had to keep explaining why i had it.

Change it to Pepsicola.

Hehe Lemon

I just think most peoples names on here suit their online personality, unless its because i have always known them on here as that. Hmm, i think Exwhysee hit the nail on the head.