Lpsg Diet Challenge 2008

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well...winter went...then summer came... now we're going into fall.
For those of us ridden with slow metabolisms or diabetes, one thing hasn't changed for the better. Our weight.

How bout a LPSG Weight Loss Challenge. Starting next week, going until Devils Night, Thursday October 30th.

It's about 10 weeks, so no crash dieting. Take a photo at the START of your weight loss challenge, with your Username on a piece of paper next to you. You'll do the same on Devils Night and upload it here.
You don't have to show your face. Neck Down, with a sports bra and shorts. Write your weight on the paper. Photos are due by Next Friday Night, July 11th, if your in.
Lying about your weight is on your own shoulders!
We'll vote for a winner in October based on photo most changed, and weight lost.

C'mon now... Dont Chicken out. Let's do this!!

Who's in?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I need to participate in this for sure but I ain't showing no photos. I won't be held accountable.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
went on a diet and lost 50 lbs. in 4 months. Barely ate and gained 60 lbs back...just thinking about it makes me wanna cry:redface:...sniffling

omg. you poor thing. was it a crash diet?

and i need to lose some weight but i'm too lazy to make the effort. i'm slowly cutting back on food, but i know i have to go to the gym to help things out. ugh, i hate the gym!!

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i have been trying to work on improving my self image for the longest time and i'm willing to accept the challenge. the only thing i object to are posting pictures because it's embarassing looking at before and after photos.

omgiswatdeysay

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm down! My goal is to lose atleast 60 pounds by that time anyways, I have a wedding to be in and want to look my best for the bridesmaids, lol. Mark me down for the 230 pound club, cause thats where I wanna be at my height.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've already started this 9 weeks ago. I'm doing the 16 week challenge from HOW TO GET SIX PACK ABS IN 16 WEEKS - Six Pack Abs Workout Routine that I picked up from somewhere here at LPSG. I've lost 9kg/20lbs in the past 9 weeks. My whole body has changed.

But your dates seem a bit off. You say starting next week until October 30 would be 10 weeks--it looks like 16 weeks to me. Which would be perfect for the 16 weeks challenge.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My dates may be off. But, that's the goal.

My goal is to look better by Halloweenie. I'll hopefully be graduated by then...and I want to look and feel good this fall.
If I don't make graduation, I want the mental strength to punch through and continue on.

The point of the photos is to show us as we are.
Believe me... You think Im happy about showing my butt on here?
But that's the point. I can't hide under black shirts for much longer. I've got a closet full of clothes that I cannot fit in, or look good in because of a RACK that shows up and has more bounce then a pair of Dow Corning implants.

It's an incentive for us to do what we seek. To Change.

Would Ya'll feel better if we posted the photos at the end?
It won't have as good of a mental impact though.

Like at work. There I stood...in front of 20 people. The scale tipped at 240.
Nobody looked while I stood up there, and the next day, I had to Re-weigh because nobody believed I weighed that much.
So AGAIN...in front of 20 pairs of eyes... the scale hit 241. I gained a pound.
I lost 16 lbs, but gained it back due to not sticking with it.

Let's help eachother with this. It's NOT to be a YoYo or CRASH diet.
Over the next weeks, let's learn what we can and can't do.
Even if we loose 5 lbs, that's a step in the right direction.

slickdick21

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
two words: Weight Watchers. or maybe its one? im not trying to promote them or give them any publicity, but it worked for me. i lost 40 pounds from the end of march to somewhere around june or july i think. i got thin. i am now back at the weight i was at at the start of the "experience", but im not fat again. im a lot stronger and everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat :]

good luck

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
two words: Weight Watchers. or maybe its one? im not trying to promote them or give them any publicity, but it worked for me. i lost 40 pounds from the end of march to somewhere around june or july i think. i got thin. i am now back at the weight i was at at the start of the "experience", but im not fat again. im a lot stronger and everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat :]

good luck

i've always heard good things about weight watchers! i will definitely give them a try. thanks for the tip! :smile:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That's also where I lost my 16 or so pounds, but I wasn't a stickler on it... I cheated alot.

I'm going to be consulting my points tracker once again.

It's good that we have people doing different things too.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Moderation has always been a challenge with me. A little is good; more is better - well, not always. I'm at home in the kitchen and make some great healthy, gourmet vegetarian dishes, yet we can gain weight on healthy food if we eat too much. I got fat back in the late '90s after a sports injury grounded me from running. 3 years ago, I bought a new road bike and got moving. I starting cycling to work (15 miles round trip) instead of driving. Between June '05 to Feb '06, I dropped 30 kg. / 65 lbs. Cycling has made a huge difference in my life and has become my favorite sport.

I realized years ago that it's a matter of balancing intake with output. If you excercise enough, you can eat whatever you want within reason. I like to think of the situation of raising the bar with fitness versus going on a diet and losing weight. If any of you would like a support system to keep you on track, PM me. Good luck to all and let's get really fit this summer!

Last edited:

dspann

Experimental Member
Media
I have lost 43 pounds since January 1 of this year by sticking to a 1500-1800 calorie daily diet. Eat whatever you want, but count the calories (all of them!), and stop when you hit your daily allowance. After you hit your weight-goal, increase the calories to maintain. The Calorie King website and paperback are invaluable tools.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks D-Span.

I am definitely going to check that out.I have been on weight watchers and It has just been one crazy thing keeping me from the meetings after another. THey do have an online component. I have no excuse though a curves membership. weoght watchers membership, and an aerobics gym at work for free But still I seem to gain weight. I am dealing with Thyroid issues right now but this weight has to come off.