LPSG: Forum Etiquette question?

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I received the following pm/threat from a member of this site who will go unnamed:

"your an asshole buddy, im putting in for you to be banned from this site"

Now, I asked what offense I have committed and received no reply.
So I ask my fellow LPSG members, am I a constant problem to any of you on this site? It is not my intention What can I do to improve without taking such drastic measures?

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I didn't really notice you, so I guess your not really a problem or anything like that.

Also, how do you "put in" for someone to get banned.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have yet to see you do anything that would warrant banning. You aren't rude, you don't attack anybody. You are straight forward and pull no punches (which I honestly think is an asset) and maybe that intimidates people, but it is hardly a reason for banning. If that were the case, 90% of the members of this forum would be banned.

So why change anything?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I received the following pm/threat from a member of this site who will go unnamed:

So I ask my fellow LPSG members, am I a constant problem to any of you on this site? It is not my intention What can I do to improve without taking such drastic measures?
It's part of LPSG etiquette to name who sent you that.:biggrin::tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I received the following pm/threat from a member of this site who will go unnamed: "your an asshole buddy, im putting in for you to be banned from this site" To the best of my knowledge this is not Survivor and he cannot vote you off the island, nor can anyone else.
So I ask my fellow LPSG members, am I a constant problem to any of you on this site? I don't always agree with you but that does not make you a problem poster. It just means you're wrong. :tongue::wink::biggrin1: j/k It is not my intention What can I do to improve without taking such drastic measures?
The person who PM'd you was a jackass and probably drunk, ignore him.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

It's part of LPSG etiquette to name who sent you that.:biggrin::tongue:

Yes, give me the name and I'll figure out why hes angry and the annoy him because I like angry PM's

Name the person so we can split his ass open for him with our giant pingas.

Did you ask this person what their particular beef is?

Don`t crack, it`s much funnier when everyone assumes who it is, let a name or two get out first.

lafever

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It isn't luundy7, although if it was him I could see his point. Also thanks to Osiris, you are one cool, dude. If I am a bother to anyone, I hope you will tell me how so that I can correct my errors.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It isn't luundy7, although if it was him I could see his point. Also thanks to Osiris, you are one cool, dude. If I am a bother to anyone, I hope you will tell me how so that I can correct my errors.

Please don`t change, it`s borring enough around here, do something that annoys the anal few, please, i`m begging you.

lafever

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I could easily understand it being luundy7, but as abrasive as you might be in that thread ("homophobia is a midwestern value" huh???), there aren't really any "bannable" offenses there.

1) You can't "put in" for someone to be banned. You can report their post, and you can report their PMs (more below), but if we could just nominate who we wanted banned, we'd be missing a healthy handful of our current members. :rolleyes:

2) Your best bet, regarding the PM, is not to report it here, but to forward it to a Moderator. PMs with idiocy, when made public, can be effective in outing said idiot, but can usually also entertain a crowd here. However, PMs with threats, should be bumped up, or at least CC'd to a more official level.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could easily understand it being luundy7, but as abrasive as you might be in that thread ("homophobia is a midwestern value" huh???),

yeah. that was just meant to be a joke about the stereotypes of my home. it was out of place in that thread but it certainly was meant to be serious.