Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
When you look around the number of friends members have varies greatly. It's doesn't appear to have a lot to do with how long someone has been a member or even gender status. Members that have a large list, is it driven by seeing how many they can collect or do they really talk to these people? The reverse, members that have few or none are they not interested in collecting friends or just here to surf the site?

This is just something I ponder sometimes and would like to hear others opinions.

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are those with whom I converse with on a regular basis - have purged the list as well - some I have found out have been off the site for a long period of time.
ALSO - some are really nice to look at!

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I take a friend request as a compliment. I usually will accept IF they have pics OR if they send a message along with a request. Lots of members on people's list are no longer members...or banned. Honestly, I just don't have the time to sit and go thru people and delete. Some are RL friends and some have become great people to chat with time to time. **And lots are REALLY REALLY hot to look at :)**

Look at it like networking... you add a friend...people look at their friends, see you...add you (and vice versa). You never know...you could be missing out on a LOT of great people by being too picky with your additions.

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
When you look around the number of friends members have varies greatly. It's doesn't appear to have a lot to do with how long someone has been a member or even gender status. Members that have a large list, is it driven by seeing how many they can collect or do they really talk to these people? The reverse, members that have few or none are they not interested in collecting friends or just here to surf the site?

This is just something I ponder sometimes and would like to hear others opinions.

There was a great article on this topic on Huff Post. (Well, as it relates to Facebook, not LPSG. Haha.) When you join a new network, I think people are initially flattered that somebody -- a complete stranger -- deems them worthy of friendship. I think there are the 'quantity vs. quality' folks, but I think most people do what I do: initially accept requests, later start to question validity of requests, eventually start to be selective of requests.

I don't seek out 'friends' unless I think we have some sort of connection: geographically, interests, or opinions. I will generally turn down friend requests unless its a name/avatar I recognize or I can make a clear linkage between the requester and me.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
To me a friend is someone you know when you see their name pop up on the screen. That means you have taken time to have a conversation with them and at least know a little bit about them.:smile: I recognize all my friends. If a person has added me and has not conversed with me (in some form or fashion) to let me know they are still around, then I go through occassionally and will remove people who have not stayed in communications with me.:confused:

It is rare that I initiat the friend request. I can probably count on my hand the number of friends I have requested. On the other hand, I can't tell you how many requests I have denied from people that just randomly request....:eek:

If you are on my friend list... you are highly valued and respected by me.:biggrin1:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
To me a friend is someone you know when you see their name pop up on the screen. That means you have taken time to have a conversation with them and at least know a little bit about them.:smile: I recognize all my friends. If a person has added me and has not conversed with me (in some form or fashion) to let me know they are still around, then I go through occassionally and will remove people who have not stayed in communications with me.:confused:

It is rare that I initiat the friend request. I can probably count on my hand the number of friends I have requested. On the other hand, I can't tell you how many requests I have denied from people that just randomly request....:eek:

If your are on my friend list... you are highly valued and respected by me.:biggrin1:

I would agree with your take Fancy. I do have a few that I don't think I have ever talked after the initial contact, ones that have banned or people i friended for reasons unknown.
I'm glad I made yor list. Your are a wonderful person.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I take a friend request as a compliment. I usually will accept IF they have pics OR if they send a message along with a request. Lots of members on people's list are no longer members...or banned. Honestly, I just don't have the time to sit and go thru people and delete. Some are RL friends and some have become great people to chat with time to time. **And lots are REALLY REALLY hot to look at :)**

Look at it like networking... you add a friend...people look at their friends, see you...add you (and vice versa). You never know...you could be missing out on a LOT of great people by being too picky with your additions.

Thats one thing I need to do is take a little time and clean out the old ones...i know some are banned but just take the time to rid my list of them.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't have any 'banned' people on my friends list, but a couple have voluntarily disabled/deleted their account a couple months ago. One of them I had chatted/PMed quite often with so I was sad to find him gone. I was away when he posted that he was leaving so I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye. I still have both of them on my friends list, just in case they ever return.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I recently deleted 30 people. Never conversed just accepted their request and that was it. Still pondering others to delete. Just see no reason to keep them listed. For what? Maybe delete my whole list, make it totally 100% clean. That's an idea.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I recently deleted 30 people. Never conversed just accepted their request and that was it. Still pondering others to delete. Just see no reason to keep them listed. For what? Maybe delete my whole list, make it totally 100% clean. That's an idea.

We all get that feeling....wipe the slate clean.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I was just like flameboy....befriending anyone but after getting so many pm's afterward asking where the pics were (when my about me states where) I got tired of it. Really, I am more than my tit pics.