LPSG Friends List - What drives it?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by OhWiseOne, May 10, 2011.

1. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    When you look around the number of friends members have varies greatly. It's doesn't appear to have a lot to do with how long someone has been a member or even gender status. Members that have a large list, is it driven by seeing how many they can collect or do they really talk to these people? The reverse, members that have few or none are they not interested in collecting friends or just here to surf the site?

This is just something I ponder sometimes and would like to hear others opinions.

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I've made a few friend requests. I honor ALL friend requests. Amazing how few I have, eh?

I have gone behind and kicked people off the wagon, many times. Sometimes the numbers are up, sometimes they're down.

3. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I only asked to be Hickboy's friend to get her into the sack. Boy was she good.

4. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

There are those with whom I converse with on a regular basis - have purged the list as well - some I have found out have been off the site for a long period of time.
    ALSO - some are really nice to look at!

5. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wait, what? I have friends? When did this happen?

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

A gentleman wouldn't tell.

Bitch.

7. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I take a friend request as a compliment. I usually will accept IF they have pics OR if they send a message along with a request. Lots of members on people's list are no longer members...or banned. Honestly, I just don't have the time to sit and go thru people and delete. Some are RL friends and some have become great people to chat with time to time. **And lots are REALLY REALLY hot to look at :)**

Look at it like networking... you add a friend...people look at their friends, see you...add you (and vice versa). You never know...you could be missing out on a LOT of great people by being too picky with your additions.

8. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I wasn't a gentleman in bed. Why would I be one on here?

:hug:

#8 D_Bob_Crotchitch, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

This will differ from person to person. Although I do welcome most friend requests I don't actively go after them either.

10. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There was a great article on this topic on Huff Post. (Well, as it relates to Facebook, not LPSG. Haha.) When you join a new network, I think people are initially flattered that somebody -- a complete stranger -- deems them worthy of friendship. I think there are the 'quantity vs. quality' folks, but I think most people do what I do: initially accept requests, later start to question validity of requests, eventually start to be selective of requests.

I don't seek out 'friends' unless I think we have some sort of connection: geographically, interests, or opinions. I will generally turn down friend requests unless its a name/avatar I recognize or I can make a clear linkage between the requester and me.

11. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

To me a friend is someone you know when you see their name pop up on the screen. That means you have taken time to have a conversation with them and at least know a little bit about them.:smile: I recognize all my friends. If a person has added me and has not conversed with me (in some form or fashion) to let me know they are still around, then I go through occassionally and will remove people who have not stayed in communications with me.:confused:

It is rare that I initiat the friend request. I can probably count on my hand the number of friends I have requested. On the other hand, I can't tell you how many requests I have denied from people that just randomly request....:eek:

If you are on my friend list... you are highly valued and respected by me.:biggrin1:

12. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would agree with your take Fancy. I do have a few that I don't think I have ever talked after the initial contact, ones that have banned or people i friended for reasons unknown.
    I'm glad I made yor list. Your are a wonderful person.

13. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thats one thing I need to do is take a little time and clean out the old ones...i know some are banned but just take the time to rid my list of them.

14. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

My Friends List has died a death I only had a few and most are now left banned or inactive, so I have giving it up, apologies to anyone who has sent me a friends request, nothing personal I'm ignoring everybody :redface:

15. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't have any 'banned' people on my friends list, but a couple have voluntarily disabled/deleted their account a couple months ago. One of them I had chatted/PMed quite often with so I was sad to find him gone. I was away when he posted that he was leaving so I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye. I still have both of them on my friends list, just in case they ever return.

16. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I recently deleted 30 people. Never conversed just accepted their request and that was it. Still pondering others to delete. Just see no reason to keep them listed. For what? Maybe delete my whole list, make it totally 100% clean. That's an idea.

17. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

These days I only accept friends requests from people who are actually my friends.

18. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We all get that feeling....wipe the slate clean.

19. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I'm easy, I will befriend anyone :wink:

20. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I was just like flameboy....befriending anyone but after getting so many pm's afterward asking where the pics were (when my about me states where) I got tired of it. Really, I am more than my tit pics.

Draft saved Draft deleted