LPSG Friendships gone wrong.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah, okay, I'm derailed myself and I hope I can steer this back on course. Name calling aside, I've only been on the outs with a few LPSG members over the whole time I've been here -- we're talking years.

It gets really ugly when the confrontations and the name-calling go public. That was what really did me in the last time I got into Internet fisticuffs. The situation, which amounted to little more than calling someone out on a lie (and I admit, after the fact, that I should've just left it alone), blew up into this huge debacle. Me and my LPSG buddies versus him and his. Name-calling, insults, threats. The whole nine yards. Really ridiculous. After all, just how much damage can you do online?

I'll leave that debate open, especially if you're like me and have some limited interest in wanting to keep your LPSG affairs personal.

At the end of the day, irritant that it was, it taught me a really good lesson about Internet friendships. On the one hand, there are plenty of people out there faking it and making it and it can't be helped. In fact, that begs a pretty compelling question of how people cope with real-life situations by creating these attractive online personae. Wrong as it is to be dishonest, it is ultimately satisfying to feel like people are into you, love you, and care for you; and if you feel pretty lonely, it's a good fix anyway.

I am close to a few people here and, over the years, they've proven that they're looking out for me. My closest friends on here have known some of my personal struggles, have given me good advice, or at the very least a virtual (or telephonic) shoulder to cry on when I'm down. You get into a row with someone and you get a better sense of who out there really stands beside you.

That's not to paint a completely rosy picture either. For whatever reason, there are people that either don't like me or that I don't care for myself, but the best fix for this is just to leave 'em be. You don't have to talk to them, chat with them, or read their posts. You do your thing; they do theirs. If it doesn't have to be a big deal, then why make it that way?

I know the OP is getting a lot of shit on this thread. Even if the people having a row are having a difficult time containing it in their private messages, we don't make the situation any easier by antagonizing it. As for you, OP, sleep it off, man. You're worth more than that. Don't dwell on someone who's causing you grief. Use it as an opportunity to figure out who you do like and that you don't have to try hard to please.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
What we have here is Munchausen Syndrome via internet. A few years back, I read a book titled, WILL THE VAMPIRE PEOPLE PLEASE LEAVE THE LOBBY. Within it, a woman described a man who claimed foolish things and did not research them.

That he was the great great great grandson of Walt Whitman. You know? The gay poet who had no children. Setting up a persona of fiction is kind of common here, and anyone who had verbal riffs with "Jason Dawg" will understand the whole reasoning I'm offering.

Amen, indeed.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What we have here is Munchausen Syndrome via internet. A few years back, I read a book titled, WILL THE VAMPIRE PEOPLE PLEASE LEAVE THE LOBBY. Within it, a woman described a man who claimed foolish things and did not research them.

That he was the great great great grandson of Walt Whitman. You know? The gay poet who had no children. Setting up a persona of fiction is kind of common here, and anyone who had verbal riffs with "Jason Dawg" will understand the whole reasoning I'm offering.

Amen, indeed.

And the lamentable Xcuze, a nice boy, but also tangentially deluded.

Great post. I love you, ZOS.

D

deleted3782

Why all the references to folks that are no longer able to defend themselves...in a thread that isn't even about them, months after they left the site? Whether you like them or not, to call someone deluded knowing that they can't respond, is in my opinion, lamentable.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's not to paint a completely rosy picture either. For whatever reason, there are people that either don't like me or that I don't care for myself, but the best fix for this is just to leave 'em be. You don't have to talk to them, chat with them, or read their posts. You do your thing; they do theirs. If it doesn't have to be a big deal, then why make it that way?
Dee, I couldn`t agree more!:07:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
wtf is that?????
Oh, and for FUCK`S SAKE, don`t use every single thread as a reason to fight!

...as if the language you are using is something I use...

Which it isn't. I give my opinions, I don't deal much with name calling. I use knowledge and logic to point out that someone's bias and opinion is wrong. Sometimes this upsets people.

The way this thread has progressed is odd. Earlier today I mentioned "Jason Dawg" in a context of Munchausen's Syndrome. It was only context of what he had done, and it could be understood by many.

Someone said to stop picking on people not able to defend themselves. I didn't do that.

And there you are.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Why all the references to folks that are no longer able to defend themselves...in a thread that isn't even about them, months after they left the site? Whether you like them or not, to call someone deluded knowing that they can't respond, is in my opinion, lamentable.

Sorry, Ex. Although I think the one case is an object lesson, the other is: my bad. Wb, btw. It's good to see you.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes you do. It gives you a jones.

I'm sorry. I fell out with this one.LOL!

Internet Friendships...

So many of us here could write volumes. I very much can relate to what my friend Dee said earlier. One thing it showed me however was how I myself react when I hear things that are uncomplimentary, or may even be true but something I might not want to admit. I found that having the courage to take myself out of the line of fire, assessing my part in the damage, admitting those faults, and not expecting anything from the other party in return is one of the things that helps us to grow up. I also realized that I dont have to read the comments. This place at some points has reminded me of a elementary school slam book. It has the same anonymity and with that anonymity the opportunity for hitting the juglar of those we dont like or with whom we disagree. It taught me that you cant bleed on everyone. There are actually people out here who thrive on the misery of others. Dont give them the opportunity. Stand tall, and vent to those who have proven themselves worthy of your friendship be it online or off. Apologize when needed and try to tell the truth even if it doesnt put you in the best light. This is what makes you ultimately feel at peace with yourself regardless of the outcome.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...as if the language you are using is something I use...

Which it isn't. I give my opinions, I don't deal much with name calling. I use knowledge and logic to point out that someone's bias and opinion is wrong. Sometimes this upsets people.

The way this thread has progressed is odd. Earlier today I mentioned "Jason Dawg" in a context of Munchausen's Syndrome. It was only context of what he had done, and it could be understood by many.

Someone said to stop picking on people not able to defend themselves. I didn't do that.

And there you are.
Hun, sorry, the question was for u!
the second was just an observation of all the threads here, not pointed at anyone in particular! my bad!:redface:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tea and a title change place. "LPSG Threads gone wrong" would be a little more apt, I think.:rolleyes: