Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have met quite a few people here, in chat mainly. In fact I feel some of the chat relationships are turning into friendships. What I mean is that chatting or pm's have not only been for or on "sex" but though still casual broader and seem more personal. If you know what I mean.

Though I may not intend to meet personally, and if that should happen I don't mind.
So my question is have members developed friendships not "love" or sex partners per se, that has gone beyond the sexual nature of this site? You know chatting about daily life decisions or experiences, family etc.?

I guess in the "old days" you call it penpals, today. i guess, cyber buddies, friends or whatever.

D_Balls Cezanne

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, I've met several people on this site who I think of fondly as friends. If I were to meet them outside of this environment I believe that bond would still be present and we'd get on as if we'd been physical friends for a long time.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, although we've not met in person yet . . . we communicate on a level of best friends. We cam, phone, e-mail, C2C, there are no secrets, just 2000+ miles between us. We could be best friends ever!

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm just waiting for the day when I'm out in the real world with a friend I've made here and someone asks how we met.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm just waiting for the day when I'm out in the real world with a friend I've made here and someone asks how we met.
I have one friend, who just LOVES to tell that. Either he whispers in the asking third-party's ear, and they start looking me over. Or, he'll just say, "We met on that site I was telling you about. You know, THAT SITE. Remember? Know what I'm talking about? Yeah, THAT site." :rolleyes:

Others have said, "Oh, through a friend of a friend...", or, "On some chat site, but it's been so long, forgot which one...", and of course, "Facebook." :tongue:

D

deleted3782

So my question is have members developed friendships not "love" or sex partners per se, that has gone beyond the sexual nature of this site? You know chatting about daily life decisions or experiences, family etc.?

Of course. This past weekend, two friends who I met on here came to visit for the day...we had a few beers and burgers. Last month I had coffee with a friend I met in the chat room. In October I was in a city where a friend I met on LPSG lives, had a blast visiting with him - and his significant other. Earlier this year I flew to Cape Town and visited with a friend I met on here. In all instances it was nonsexual - I quit having sex years ago. Just good friends...and I'm quite ok with that. That being said, I'm not on the phone with any of them on a daily or even weekly basis...and I'm ok with that too.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media

I think we will lie about how we met.
:tongue:

And to the op. I've met one lady from here and have developed a friendship. There are a few others here that I chat with often about things that do not include sex. Several people here I care deeply about. Am sure I may never meet most IRL, doesn't make them less real to me..

Yes, I think like pen pals.....

Last edited:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

And to the op. I've met one lady from here and have developed a friendship. There are a few others here that I chat with often about things that do not include sex. Several people here I care deeply about. Am sure I may never meet most IRL, doesn't make then less real to me..

There you go with your politically feel good answer again. :biggrin1:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm happy to say that there is one person. To be honest it started out with the physical stuff but over time we have talked about everything. I have shared things that I have not shared with others and never a blink, totally excepted my good and bad. There have been those times, good and bad, but the best thing is I know I can say anything. Sometimes we don't agree on a certain topic but we debate some and then it's over. No two people will agree on everything unless they are not open and truthful. We are going to meet and I am so looking forward to it. :smile:

You never know what you might find even if your not looking.

May have got a little off topic but I just got to thinking.

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Of course. This past weekend, two friends who I met on here came to visit for the day...we had a few beers and burgers. Last month I had coffee with a friend I met in the chat room. In October I was in a city where a friend I met on LPSG lives, had a blast visiting with him - and his significant other. Earlier this year I flew to Cape Town and visited with a friend I met on here. In all instances it was nonsexual - I quit having sex years ago. Just good friends...and I'm quite ok with that. That being said, I'm not on the phone with any of them on a daily or even weekly basis...and I'm ok with that too.

I like the fact that the visit was not sexual. I would like to visit but the expectations I guess have to be spelled out, as I probably would not want a "sexual" visit considering we both have families. Sex on cam is good enough for both of us. lol thanks for sharing.

And to the op. I've met one lady from here and have developed a friendship. There are a few others here that I chat with often about things that do not include sex. Several people here I care deeply about. Am sure I may never meet most IRL, doesn't make them less real to me..

I feel I have developed relationships beyond the physical and I was wondering how others have handled it. Glad to read that many member who have replied are those that I highly respect. thank you.

I'm happy to say that there is one person. To be honest it started out with the physical stuff but over time we have talked about everything. I have shared things that I have not shared with others and never a blink, totally excepted my good and bad. There have been those times, good and bad, but the best thing is I know I can say anything. Sometimes we don't agree on a certain topic but we debate some and then it's over. No two people will agree on everything unless they are not open and truthful. We are going to meet and I am so looking forward to it. :smile:

You never know what you might find even if your not looking.

May have got a little off topic but I just got to thinking.

You have described what has happened to me, and I posted this to get others perspective. thank you.

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In all instances it was nonsexual - I quit having sex years ago.

Please don't say you quit...permanently... :frown1: That would be a shame...

Although it is cool that you met people from here, in person, and it was about friendship, not anonymous sex...

I have met people from another forum that I belong to -- I have more friends from there that I meet with on occasion, than I do where I live. Not that that's necessarily good, but it is what it is, I guess...

There is one person here (as of now) that I would meet platonically in a second. He'll know who he is if he reads this...

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We've met one friend several times for dinner and I'm glad that we live close enough to do that. There's other people on LPSG I'd love to meet someday, but I don't live close to but a few of them.

We're just interested in friendship. We only have sex with each other.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, I have one very special friend here. We're on opposite sides of the world so we're unlikely to ever meet. But if we did, I think (HOPE!) that our cyber-friendship would very likely grow into a very special RL relationship.

Last edited:

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, I have been introduced to many people thanks to this site. I have gotten close to a few and I really cherish what we have created. I would like to think that the ones I am really close to think of me in the same way. I think I have made some really good friends on here and I hope one day to get a chance to hang out with them. It's funny that a site about the support of large penises can spawn some true friendships.

7Chance

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've emailed a few guys but haven't met anyone in person. Always open though as you never know where your next friend will come from.