LPSG knows so much about me - probably more than I do

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw a Sally Jesse Raphael talk show a few years ago about the topic of intersexuality. A man who was a professional shrink and was himself intersexed was the head of an organization which was founded to inform and support people like himself, and others. There were a couple of other guests. It was a mindblowing show. I wish I could remember the shrink-founder's name, but it must be out there somewhere on the net. The tone of that show was a little sad, happy, hopeful, and informative. I hope the person who started this thread can find that organization.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Square pegs and round holes or is it round pegs and square holes?

You have purposely chosen a difficult road and you can't expect it to be any less difficult for those around you. Acceptance of who you are is an internal struggle and when you are comfortable with yourself then others will become comfortable because you will be at peace.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Do you know the book Evolution's Rainbow by Joan Roughgarden? She is a Stanford biologist and a transgendered woman. It is quite brilliant about the diversity of nature and the range of possibilities within human cultures. It is worth a read if you don't. I think it offers some useful perspective.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You've substituted an essentially meaningless adjective for some words which, despite their imprecision, were at least communication tools with widely-understood definitions.

I can see why you're disappointed. That kind of progress we can all do without.

ultra, gender is not orientation. This is the basic disctinction. I was pretty clear about what s/he meant.

Gender identity issues are pretty interesting actually, although they are complex. I suppose some people are less comfortable than others when it comes to thinking or talking about complex things.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You'll have to get used to that QI, that never goes away :)

Seriously, although you say you're not interested in people's opinions I've chatted with you in the chat room as many people here have and taking your youth into account you're confident, mature and bright, you already have a lot going for you that lots of your peers don't.
Damn. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm sure I can fit in a compliment here or there, you know...