LPSG members in the path of Hurricane Irene

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
our best wishes for a safe passage from Irene. happy to say weather in CA has been cool , calm and magnificent. the coldest summer since 1976 , according to the US weather service. temps in the 70's every day since mid june. moderator, please move this entry if it is in the wrong place.

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm in Richmond. We got hit pretty hard by the storm last night.

Today, on the other hand, its a rather hot, dry, sunny day. People are out riding their bikes, skateboarding...having fun. A typical lazy, end-of-summer Sunday.

You almost wouldn't know a hurricane passed through last night if it weren't for the downed trees and branches that litter the entire city. Their are broken storefront windows and snapped utility poles with something like 75% of the region without power.

The juxtaposition of the two images (the destruction left in the wake of Irene vs the very mundane, life-as-usual goings-on of the residents) is a bit surreal. It's like a creepy scene from a really weird sci-fi flick.

D_Bent Affleck

Experimental Member
Media
I'm up in Vermont & there's massive flooding everywhere. A lot of people were evacuated & we're going to have a long road ahead of us rebuilding. I'm one of the lucky ones. My road is closed, because it's flooded and completely impassable, but my house wasn't touched.