LPSG Members, is THIS law "RACIST"

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is a situation that can't be TRULY seen or experienced until unless you have school aged children, or you need to go to an emergency room. THIS is where the the problem comes to a head.

I worked for two years in an emergency room and spoke Spanish every day.

After that I worked for a year as a substitute teacher in Fairfax County. Often touted as the most diverse area of the country.

Does that mean I truly understand the situation now? =D

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

After that I worked for a year as a substitute teacher in Fairfax County. Often touted as the most diverse area of the country.

Nope (although I mean it in the nicest way).:wink:

I am not negating your experience, it's just that it isn't the SAME experience that I'm talking about.

If Fairfax county is in Virginia, then Fairfax county (per last available consensus) is majority white, with only 12.9% Hispanic. LA county on the other hand is 44-49% Hispanic (variance depends on which report you read). Translate that over to schools, and some schools are up to 97% Hispanic... with no curriculum that adequately accommodates their needs.

Emergency rooms -- it's not the language, it's the NUMBERS -- the masses of families clogging the hallways with the sick baby, the sick grandma, etc. etc. etc. LITTLE things that should have gone to a doctor in regular business hours are clogging up emergency rooms because these people can't afford to go to doctors and there aren't enough free/low cost clinics in their neighborhoods.

(One hospital is being sued because someone literally vomited to death while waiting to be seen/assessed -- wasn't even UP to the point of waiting for treatment. How come? The emergency room was too busy.)

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Exact same problem here with immigration, just replace lations and russians with Arabs and indians. Luckily the majority don't apply, that's the black community (well gang warfare and shootings anyway).

But apparently the new EU Consitution will open up our doors to more Europeans apparently, and that can't be good.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nope (although I mean it in the nicest way).:wink:

I am not negating your experience, it's just that it isn't the SAME experience that I'm talking about.

If Fairfax county is in Virginia, then Fairfax county (per last available consensus) is majority white, with only 12.9% Hispanic. LA county on the other hand is 44-49% Hispanic (variance depends on which report you read). Translate that over to schools, and some schools are up to 97% Hispanic... with no curriculum that adequately accommodates their needs.

Emergency rooms -- it's not the language, it's the NUMBERS -- the masses of families clogging the hallways with the sick baby, the sick grandma, etc. etc. etc. LITTLE things that should have gone to a doctor in regular business hours are clogging up emergency rooms because these people can't afford to go to doctors and there aren't enough free/low cost clinics in their neighborhoods.

(One hospital is being sued because someone literally vomited to death while waiting to be seen/assessed -- wasn't even UP to the point of waiting for treatment. How come? The emergency room was too busy.)

the northern Virginia area is about as much like the rest of Virginia as Los Angeles is like Lake Tahoe or Yosemite. There's really not much of a resemblance.

Fairfax Hospital ER is the busiest ER in the area and the only trauma 1 center in Northern Virginia.

Also, busy hospitals are a problem, granted. But just like gangs and murder and pedophilia... since when did it stop being a problem for the public at large and start being a problem exclusively found among (or exclusively caused by) hispanic immigrants?

Further, there are tons of legal hispanic immigrants in L.A. and L.A. county. Even if the people who want to expel all the illegals got their way, you'd still have something to the tune of 1.5 million latinos/hispanics living in the area. You'd still have shitty schools you'd still have crowded hospitals and there'd still be signs in Spanish.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Having an opinion on an issue doesn't mean that you have to believe you live in a binary world and must therefore pick a side. I know this is hard for you to wrap your head around.

As for solutions... it's not going to be one. Some things that I would support would be tougher border security, crackdowns on these so-called slave labor rings and on human smugglers operating around the border, a recognition that the immigrant workers already in the USA represent a valuable part of the country and our economy and greater efforts to integrate them. Much of the solution has to do with changing attitudes.

Wow, now I know why you do not need to take a side. What you wrote is binary, it is zero. "crackdown", "tougher", "integrate" and "change attitudes". Define what you wrote in a clear plan.

I knew you could not present your own ideas. You can only take pot shots. Good job.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know....the problem being discussed, is much larger than just mexican immigrants....
I think Racist is too strong of a word to describe what we are speaking of.
Throw the race card out of it - because it doesn't belong in this deck.
At least from what I'm speaking - it doesn't matter where they are from or what race. Plain and simple, if they don't live here and contribute to society as a whole, then they should NOT be able to reap the benefits of those who put them in place, and are continuing to support them.

Years ago, the system was different. People were different.
The US has become an overcrowded, overworked and underpaid society, and with many american born folks out of work, there's bound to be some animosity. (And lets face it - we are spoiled and we want money)

Will you see some Preppy white boy or girl out in a field picking potatoes?
Hell No.
Will you see immigrant workers picking -sure. But they need to pay taxes on their wages and be EXCLUDED from the american Social Security plan.

The main issue is thousands "Jumping the fence" just so they can come here, sit on their ass, have 10 kids to get a raise on the SSI check.
C

I want to clear up something, correct me if I am wrong. Most illegals pay no income tax at all. They most likely work for cash. If they work for a major company, the illegals have fake social security numbers and pay FICA but little to no income tax. Here is the kicker; they then use their anchor baby to get earned income tax credit (about $4K?)

So please do not say they pay anything but sales tax, and maybe you could say they pay property tax through the rent the land lords collect.
. No income taxes just social security tax.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll believe America is serious about cracking down on illegal immigration when I start seeing business and farm owners going to jail or seriously fined for knowingly hiring illegal aliens. Start with the agriculture industry in the southwestern states. Right now, the paltry consequences of hiring illegals is treated by business as just another labor cost. Ignored, in other words.

Until serious consequences happen, its mostly just talk.

You do realize that therer is no way to certify these illigals or any worker for that matter. I9 is a joke. It does not even double check that the social security number is not a duplicate. What I am saying is that according to the large company, they are hiring a documented worker and they are paying social security for them. The small guy just pays cash and does not care about social security but is taking a big risk.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a big proponent of bringing manufacturing back to the US for many reasons, one of which is having to pay laborers decent wages and not have to work in sweatshops. I'm a huge hypocrite because I buy a lot of cheap junk myself that I don't need, but in an ideal world, we would have less stuff that is better quality made by people who aren't being exploited. One of the obvious solutions to making this work is to increase the amount of automation in manufacturing processes.

Do you have a wand for this? Pick an industry and make your fortune.

Why would companies outsource to China unless it was absolutely necessary? Seriously, if you cannot produce something cheaper and better than if costs to have it built in China and shipped to the US, go through customs and trucked here, then you have to outsource.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What I am saying is that according to the large company, they are hiring a documented worker and they are paying social security for them. The small guy just pays cash and does not care about social security but is taking a big risk.

I've thought about that, all4, and I can't deny that forged or improper documentation leads some businesses to unknowingly hire illegals. It happens. Perhaps the penalties for business owners should be levied only if they haven't made a good faith effort to establish legal residency. In this age of new emphasis on homeland security in the US it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Still, there are industries that have made a habit out of hiring illegals because of their cheap labor costs. That happens too. I think examples should be made of those businesses who carry out this practice. That's what I mean when I say I'll believe the USA is serious about enforcing immigration policy.

Suspicion of poor immigrants while their cheap labor is being exploited sure isn't anything new in the USA.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DJG, you say that all we have to do is go to L.A. for a week to see how bad it's gotten. I've been to L.A., incidentally, and San Diego, but what are we going to see when we get there? If we visit for a week, I don't think we're going to see the inside of a welfare office. We're not going to see any slave laborers. We're not going to visit the mayor's office and look at municipal expenditures that go toward undocumented immigrants. I highly doubt we'll see any instances of gangs of Mexicans raping children, is that something you see every week?

So, leaving the media out of it, which you can see everywhere anyway, what is the staggering evidence of how "bad" it is that would be evident after a week in L.A.? Lots and lots of brown people, right? Are you going to take us to the mall or McDonald's and point: "hey! look! see! they're all brown!!!" What other evidence? Billboards written in Spanish? Heavens no!

Go for a drive during the day to the bad parts of town and see the slums. Then go at night for a walk. I think you would get a better feel for things.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also... it doesn't happen overnight. They will acclimate if we let them. They will change, and the country will change, just as we have always done. Like Card said in his article, "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Our culture has always tolerated thousands and millions of people who spoke other languages and clung together in memory of the old country. And then, a few generations later, we were all Americans together."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Expecting this change, not in a few generations, but immediately after they cross the border, is a little unreasonable.[/FONT]

This all makes sense, but the flow is not stopping. The flow of new illegals has to stop to allow us to be able to assimilate them as well.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

As I said before, you have no skin in the game. As in Hotmilf's case, you put your life saving into a house that is being devalued and then have to move to a safe neighborhood and rent because you fear for your kids.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the northern Virginia area is about as much like the rest of Virginia as Los Angeles is like Lake Tahoe or Yosemite. There's really not much of a resemblance.

Fairfax Hospital ER is the busiest ER in the area and the only trauma 1 center in Northern Virginia.

Also, busy hospitals are a problem, granted. But just like gangs and murder and pedophilia... since when did it stop being a problem for the public at large and start being a problem exclusively found among (or exclusively caused by) hispanic immigrants?

Further, there are tons of legal hispanic immigrants in L.A. and L.A. county. Even if the people who want to expel all the illegals got their way, you'd still have something to the tune of 1.5 million latinos/hispanics living in the area. You'd still have shitty schools you'd still have crowded hospitals and there'd still be signs in Spanish.

I laugh when I see the droctor and ER shows - is that really the way it is? We have a small Hispanic comminutiy in our town, but the hospital's ERs look like a ghost towns.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I laugh when I see the droctor and ER shows - is that really the way it is? We have a small Hispanic comminutiy in our town, but the hospital's ERs look like a ghost towns.

well, I don't know exactly what you are referring to by "is that really the way it is?" Any place with a high population density in general is going to have a busy ER. but there are a lot of other things about those shows that are pretty inaccurate.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As I said before, you have no skin in the game. As in Hotmilf's case, you put your life saving into a house that is being devalued and then have to move to a safe neighborhood and rent because you fear for your kids.

and you do? Why is it these sheltered rednecks who live in the middle of ass nowhere, thousands of miles away from New York or San Francisco, are so concerned about illegal immigration, gays getting married, and terrorist attacks against the USA. Nobody wants to live in the midwest, you don't need to worry about flocks of immigrants going there. You've effectively scared most of the gays away to more liberal states. and Osama bin Laden couldn't give a fuck about attacking any of your insignificant backwater villages. None of this effects you, yet these are the issues that get you out to the polls.