LPSG Members, is THIS law "RACIST"

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, I don't know exactly what you are referring to by "is that really the way it is?" Any place with a high population density in general is going to have a busy ER. but there are a lot of other things about those shows that are pretty inaccurate.

I meant to say that the ER's are not busy at all. BTW, we have a spralling metro area of about a million people.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've thought about that, all4, and I can't deny that forged or improper documentation leads some businesses to unknowingly hire illegals. It happens. Perhaps the penalties for business owners should be levied only if they haven't made a good faith effort to establish legal residency. In this age of new emphasis on homeland security in the US it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Still, there are industries that have made a habit out of hiring illegals because of their cheap labor costs. That happens too. I think examples should be made of those businesses who carry out this practice. That's what I mean when I say I'll believe the USA is serious about enforcing immigration policy.

Suspicion of poor immigrants while their cheap labor is being exploited sure isn't anything new in the USA.

People find ways around it. We had a pork processing plant raided here (Swift?) and they were very pissed because they had 140 illegals and the manager was pissed. He said they have been working hand in hand with the goverment to make sure they were documented and they still got raided. What are we supposed to do - is what he basically said.

As Newt suggests, have Visa or Mastercard keep and verify the database, then it might work.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and you do? Why is it these sheltered rednecks who live in the middle of ass nowhere, thousands of miles away from New York or San Francisco, are so concerned about illegal immigration, gays getting married, and terrorist attacks against the USA. Nobody wants to live in the midwest, you don't need to worry about flocks of immigrants going there. You've effectively scared most of the gays away to more liberal states. and Osama bin Laden couldn't give a fuck about attacking any of your insignificant backwater villages. None of this effects you, yet these are the issues that get you out to the polls.

NIC,

You are really showing your true colors. This is how you think. You call everyone a racist while you look down upon everyone. You write your long posts and try to sound intelligent when in reality your my friend are lacking in any type of wisdom.

So the Midwest should not care about what happens to the coast? We are backward and we are all rednecks?

We are affected by illegals here. For instance in a town about an hour from here made up of about 1500, they had to have a big school bond issue due to the illegals. They are mainly working at the packing plant.

But why do you think we do not have a say in the southern towns or the coast? Look at the law in this thread Oklahoma is pretty far north and they feel they are being over run.

It looks like we rednecks have the foresight to see things coming. :smile:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I meant to say that the ER's are not busy at all. BTW, we have a spralling metro area of about a million people.

That's still pretty quaint.

and re: your other post, it's hard not to be condescending when talking to people like you. When in every post you say something implying that you have superior insight, or that those who disagree with you are flat wrong or underinformed, and yet at the same time you have no clue what you're talking about. I don't have to be right and I'm not here to be perfect, if you continue to act the way you have been I'm going to continue to be condescending.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's still pretty quaint.

NIC,

1 Million is not small and certainly not quaint, but it is condescending to call it that.

re: your other post, it's hard not to be condescending when talking to people like you. When in every post you say something implying that you have superior insight, or that those who disagree with you are flat wrong or underinformed,

Trust me, if we met in real life you would never act that way towards me. In a very short while, you would know I was your better. :smile:

I don't have to be right and I'm not here to be perfect, if you continue to act the way you have been I'm going to continue to be condescending.

Don't worry you are not right. It is not just me you are condescending to you are that way to everyone when I am not involved in the discussion - I read but do not post.

Take my challenge, use your writing skills and put a plan together on how you would deal with immigrants and illegals. Your ideas are weak and your only skill is in pot shots. You would never put together a detailed plan because then someone could pin you down on your beliefs. Stay in academia and you will never have to really try to apply anything.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and you do? Why is it these sheltered rednecks who live in the middle of ass nowhere, thousands of miles away from New York or San Francisco, are so concerned about illegal immigration,

Funny thing on Drugereport today...

This town, Grand Island, Nebraska is about 3 hours from us and is the biggest town for about 3 hours in any direction. They have about 45,000 people there. The have an illegal immigrant problem too. So it looks like NIC is uninformed again.

Owner Pleads Guilty in Immigration Bust
Wednesday October 17, 1:42 pm ET
By Oskar Garcia, Associated Press Writer

Lawn Company Owner Pleads Guilty to Harboring Illegal Immigrants
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- A Grand Island lawn care company owner has pleaded guilty to harboring illegal immigrants and manipulating financial transactions to avoid reporting them.
David Wortman turned himself in for arrest last month, one day after U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided Cloudburst Lawn and Sprinkler and arrested 19 suspected illegal immigrants.

The criminal complaint in U.S. District Court in Nebraska accused Wortman of knowingly hiringthe illegal workers and paying them in cash to work for Cloudburst Lawn and Sprinkler.
Wortman admitted Monday to hiring 26 workers without checking their identification or getting any proof they were eligible to work in the United States.
Seven of the workers were arrested in May after a traffic stop of a Cloudburst van, ICE spokesman Tim Counts said

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think we are in agreement, but your post is a bit unclear to me. (Its probably me after a long day of work)

Most illegals pay no income tax at all. They most likely work for cash. .

Agreed - generally they work under the table for farms that don't want to pay big bucks for american help.

If they work for a major company, the illegals have fake social security numbers and pay FICA but little to no income tax. Here is the kicker; they then use their anchor baby to get earned income tax credit (about $4K?) .

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like a loophole could exist.
The baby portion I believe is correct, as they are labeled an "American born citizen". Any tax folks that could substantiate this claim?

So please do not say they pay anything but sales tax, and maybe you could say they pay property tax through the rent the land lords collect.
. No income taxes just social security tax.

This is the part that threw me for a loop. I agree, the only thing they would pay is Sales tax.
Usually they exchange rent for work, on farms, dont they?
Most of the time they stay in the barns overnight.

Other places, I'm not sure what they do. The easiest thing to do is to rob people for cash, stores for merchandise, and then speak in a different language to make it more difficult to communicate/prosecute.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lawn Company Owner Pleads Guilty to Harboring Illegal Immigrants

Therein lies the problem.
Take away their business license, and fine them heavily for each and every illegal they harbored.

Set an example to the rest of the world that says - Its OK to hire immagrants, but you HAVE to have them Registered, and they HAVE to pay taxes on their earnings.
C

Gitana Rose

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
........"Other places, I'm not sure what they do. The easiest thing to do is to rob people for cash, stores for merchandise, and then speak in a different language to make it more difficult to communicate/prosecute"........

What a blanket stament,is that opposed to a common american criminal...

Ughhh...this thread has turned sour...

Here I thought this was L.P.S.G.

Large Penis Support Group...

Not www.KKKock.com:mad:

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Other places, I'm not sure what they do. The easiest thing to do is to rob people for cash, stores for merchandise, and then speak in a different language to make it more difficult to communicate/prosecute.

I think there are a lot more main stream than just farm hands, roofers, construction workers etc, as well as some work for major companies. Now days the companies take little no income tax, just social security.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Therein lies the problem.
Take away their business license, and fine them heavily for each and every illegal they harbored.

Set an example to the rest of the world that says - Its OK to hire immagrants, but you HAVE to have them Registered, and they HAVE to pay taxes on their earnings.
C

I agree, but here is the thing, that company owner has to work in a cash business, at least a portion of his income has to be cash. For me, I get bills, pay bills and pay peolpe. If I'd pay someone in cash, guess who pays the income tax, me. This the way for any large company, paying cash to an employee would show up as a profit. So the large company need to document these guys to pay them on the books.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
........"Other places, I'm not sure what they do. The easiest thing to do is to rob people for cash, stores for merchandise, and then speak in a different language to make it more difficult to communicate/prosecute"........

What a blanket stament,is that opposed to a common american criminal...

Ughhh...this thread has turned sour...

Here I thought this was L.P.S.G.

Large Penis Support Group...

Not www.KKKock.com:mad:

I think he was joking.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I laugh when I see the doctor and ER shows - is that really the way it is? In a lot of places, yes, it is! Why does that make you laugh?:confused: Last time I checked ER wasn't a sit-com. We have a small Hispanic comminutiy in our town, but the hospital's ERs look like a ghost towns.

Then you don't have a dog in this fight. :tongue: :rolleyes: If your hospital ER's are empty or barely used that means that most people in your community are employed by jobs that provide health insurance. There may be some who are on public assistance but in most states they get Medicaid and can still see a physician in private practice.
It sounds to me as if your emergency rooms are actually being used for emergencys. :eek::confused: That's Freaking Weird!

The working poor often have no medical insurance so they have no choice but to use emergency rooms as their primary care physician. Hence the overflowing ER's 24/7 all over the country; but especially in areas with a large immigrant population, because by law they cannot turn anyone away. A sick patient must be treated.

I lived in Washington, DC during grad school and am somewhat familiar with the area NIC_160IQ has mentioned. Sadly, he's not exaggerating. Nor are DJG and hotmilf making mountains out of molehills. The situation in California insofar as illegal immigrants reached critical mass about 15 years ago; it's just making the news now because the overflow is hitting states like Oklahoma, Georgia, and Louisiana.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think that if illegal immigration weren't so damn profitable, then it wouldn't be half the problem. I think it begins with the abject refusal of businesses and ranch hands to employ undocumented workers. IF -- big if -- those individuals want to work and take proper advantage of attain US citizenship, it has to come with proper clearance. A CLEAN clearance, mind you. Piling obstacles on the path of attain proper citizenship and documentation really doesn't do much to combat the problem.

But, you know, this is bigger than just people sneaking across the border. With the responsibility of increased border security and ongoing effort to promote safe neighborhoods and cities comes an increased dedication on the part of Americans to stop taking advantage of the damaged system. Like others have said in the thread, people continue to pay for cheap labor. Yes, we like value products; we like saving money. And we'll stretch the dollar for what it's worth, even if it costs in the long-run suitable manufacturing jobs on this side of the Atlantic, lower quality products, and the biased advantage for megacorporations that can tolerate the bottom line even if the local economies can't.

I don't support unbridled amnesty. I think children can't be helped if they were born into this madness. Their parents, however, can. I don't think all evils are built the same. Obviously, I would find it more legally reprehensible to cause crime, murder, theft, etc. in involvement through a gang than to dodge taxes. (Hell, who isn't trying to get around those?)

I just need to see something comprehensive and well-thought being put into action.

In the meantime, I'm still wondering how this land was Aztlan for 40,000 years. I may be stunted, but I'm still thinking Native Americans get first crack at bashing skulls. I mean, we only gave them smallpox and made them do the Trail of Tears, right?

For the record -- and I'm a little pressed for time to get into it, but I'll come back -- I just imagine that the real anti-color supremacists out there must be having a field day right now. I think this is their vision realized, seeing people of color battle, war, and kill one another to just get a piece of this elusive American dream. I think white overt victimization (e.g. victim of direct crime, abuse, injury) is definitely on the decrease since Blacks and Mexicans have to wage war on each other in Los Angeles. I continue to fail to understand how difficult it is to make enough money and get along peacefully in this society, without swimming in debt, whoring out your body parts, or living just shy of an emergency meltdown.

[off thread]
(...also, um, Larry Craig just needs to get off the damn TV! "I view it as a lifestyle I don't agree with." Quit pickin' up toilet paper, fool!)
[/off thread]

D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

Experimental Member
Media
See? I am from Oklahoma, and once every 200 years (even though we have only been a state for 100) we get somebody around that WILL do something.

Usually it is Oklahoma follows Texas. I guess not.

I don't like Brad Henry though, no matter what.

On the upside, I guess all you guys missed the part where I was working at a plastics plant one time, and only 90 illegal MEXICANS were working there under the SAME single social security numbers, because SOLO CUP didn't want to pay anyone to work! (I have a feeling the only reason they hired me was because they couldn't find anymore illegals).

That said, the funniest thing happened: You see, those illegals WERE paying taxes on their cheap wages, and wouldn't you know! The IRS got interested, and in ONE day, there were no more illegals working there.

I guess they went on home. Did I mention that Solo had to start paying us better after that? Oops.

Don't bother me a bit, and no matter what, I live here, and I am ok with it.

Now, should I tell that story about the all illegal no-green-card having guys working the Oilfield down here on survey crews? There are only 120 or so, none speak english that I know of. They are Mexican. I know this because they speak spanish. And because they like burritos, like me. I am not mexican though, but I think about hiring one for cheap wages all the time..........which evidently is ok as long as I don't get caught, and put legal people out of jobs.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Inscription on the base of the statue of Liberty:
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (1849-1887)

We need to change this inscription. It’s not true and hasn’t been true for at least 80 years! We don’t want your country’s unskilled, uneducated, losers, dregs, diseased, convicts, etc. We grow plenty of our own and don’t need to supplement their numbers.

My Great-Grandma Mckibben would give you a piece of her mind. She was part of a huddled mass and she knew those words by heart. As part of your country's cultural heritage they stand equal to the text of the Emancipation Proclamation.
Immigrants to the U.S.A. have always been suspect and called losers,dregs and convicts. We have been subjects of ignorance, fear, hatred, bigotry and racism. The only people in America that ever held out a hand of friendship to immigrants were the Indians. They soon the error of their ways!

Here are some ideas, none of them new-
1. Agribusiness stop hiring undocumented workers- stiff penalties and enforcement needed.
2. Legal immigrants and citizens get at least minimum wage plus benefits- you'll will pay higher food prices.
3. The poor in America must get off their welfare supported asses and get down to work on the farm.
4. Number 3 isn't realistic so you need some kind of amnesty system along with a labor contract with Mexico for temporary workers. The employers could pay into Mexican social security benefits. If the temps behave they can move towards immigrant status. I'm sure something could be organized along thess lines.
5. Immediate deportation for workers without papers. Second time offenders get a permanent ban.
6. Solutions take leadership and the U.S. has a problem with that right now. It's time for a regime change ASAP.

In the meantime, I'm still wondering how this land was Aztlan for 40,000 years. I may be stunted, but I'm still thinking Native Americans get first crack at bashing skulls. I mean, we only gave them smallpox and made them do the Trail of Tears, right?

Exactly Dee. The Trail of Tears and the great buffalo kill offs have been on my mind a lot lately, with all this talk in the news about genocide.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think he was joking.

I was speaking from what I have heard from family members that were police officers at one time. (In the force, now retired).
It's a common trick, because it's easy.
Even drunks try it, but it doesn't work. They still go to the clink.
(Yes, even the common american criminal - but at least they pay fucking taxes!)

What in the hell does the KKK have to do with this??

We are chatting in the ETC ETC thread. In here, nearly everything goes (except for the obvious no-no stuff).

This thread is merely a topic for discussion. People's views.
These are mine. Right/wrong/indifferent.
You have yours.

sedated

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Cigarbabe... completly agree with u!

I can't make more comments 'cause they can't be objective due my latin ascendence.

Peace!

Sedated

How sad that you people agree it's ok to remove a group {Latinos}, from existence,I didn't see that this law was geared toward illegal russians,chech's or any other group of illegals or anyone else,specifically.
Except those who are of latin descent.
cigarbabe:saevilw: