LPSG members meet in New York City (NYC)

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I hope this one turns out better, than the one in Boston!
I wonder if people were afraid to show up, based on being, one person on the internet and another "in person". We had quite a few say they would be there but never show up,so I can only assume,this might be a reason.
cigarbabe:saevil:

What venue would you like? I would say someplace relatively quiet where we could eat without having to shout and close to some fun places for later. Should be relatively close to the subway and not too expensive.

Now I don't live in the city so I'm not familiar with many places but if you have an idea of what's good, I'm open to hearing them.

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
I don't think it's dead, no. I'd like to see it happen.

My suggestion though is to wait until after New Year's. The weekends will be murder from now until then for just about everybody and getting into the city will be a minor nightmare for those who're coming from the surrounding area.

I suggest the first or second weekend in January. By then people are back to their routine, the tourists have gone home, and it will be easier to get reservations someplace for a group.

How are people with those weekends? Saturday or Sunday preferred?

i'm cool moving the date to jan 5th, 2008, IF there's a consensus to do so established by this wednesday. is it too late to set up a poll on this thread? if so, i can start a new post.

I don't think a venue has even been announced yet.

whine whine... <wink>

What venue would you like? I would say someplace relatively quiet where we could eat without having to shout and close to some fun places for later. Should be relatively close to the subway and not too expensive.

Now I don't live in the city so I'm not familiar with many places but if you have an idea of what's good, I'm open to hearing them.

as usual, jason_els says wise words. like him, i am not from the city SO: HellsKitchenmanNYC, any ideas? :)

still looking forward to meeting y'all!

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do we have any rough guess on a head count at this stage? I ask cos I showed up for an attempted gathering similar to this a few years ago in Philly...and the "group" ended up being myself and two other people. :irked:
That said, Sat 1/5/08 sounds as good an evening as any to me. I'm game.
Was the intent here to do dinner, or just later drinks? Either way - may I suggest either downtown or uptown, because for those of us driving in from outside the city parking in midtown is rarely an option.

If I don't get suggestions for a venue in the next week then I'm going to pick a place out of Zagat guide OR make it The Bus Stop simply because I've been there and it's not bad. This is where somebody (anybody) who lives in the city would be welcome to make a suggestion.

rodsmith

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This sounds like fun. I'm just your ordinary average married guy but I'd like to hang out with some of you guys. If you make it early enough on a Saturday at someplace that's easy to get to I can try to be there. Maybe even meet up with Jason on the way into town.....How's that sound Jay?

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
If I don't get suggestions for a venue in the next week then I'm going to pick a place out of Zagat guide OR make it The Bus Stop simply because I've been there and it's not bad. This is where somebody (anybody) who lives in the city would be welcome to make a suggestion.

jason_els, are you taking over this project? i'm happy to relinquish it... <wink>