LPSG Members! What car do you drive?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by eddyabs, Sep 15, 2007.

1. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it tells a lot about a person, which car they drive.

My little baby is a VW Golf 1.6 FSI match edition, it's brand new, Graphite Blue, has a 6 gear speed box, leather trim Gear Stick/Steering wheel, Anti Glare mirror light sensors, it's a punchy little number, top speed 120 MPH, but best of all, has a built in IPOD port under the armrest....I LOVE IT!!!!

Please state what you think that car says about the member above you, and then tell us about your car.....

What car do YOU drive??????

2. got_lost

Gold Member

Tells me you love your iPod, speed and details!!!

Mini Cooper S convertible!

His name is Jack!
    I love him!!:biggrin1:

3. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't forget to say what you think that car says about the person above!!! Don't forget me!!! lol

4. got_lost

Gold Member

I know!! I did!! But I have edited it!! Sorry! :rolleyes:

5. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hehe, well, let's see what the next person says about your lovely little mini!!!

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I don't know anything about cars. They are pretty much all ugly. I like trucks. Right now I drive a 2006 Black Ford Escape.

7. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    It says that you're a modern day Pink Panther -- a fun, hip kinda gal. You don't have four or more kids, or else you'd be driving a mini van!

You're Queen of the Two Lane Highways! You like the safety and size (and convenience) of an SUV, but you're environmentally conscious... and/or just watching your gas mileage!

- - - - - - -

OK, this is where I get really, really boring...

I drive a black Saturn Vue 2003.

It has no name, and I don't love it. When my extended warranty runs out, I'm going to get a hybrid or another Landrover.

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    This thread tells me that people have a nebulous grasp of recent history and a general lack of proficiency with the search function.

That being said, I never pass up a chance to pimp my Fairlady out.

9. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Heeeeey HazelGod!

This thread is different -- it's a game, sort of like "say something nice about the penis above you", but we're discussing a person's "penis extension" -- their vehicle. :wink:

10. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:

this says to me that you are one who, at the moment, watches her fuel consumption...

my car (just got it a couple of weeks ago) is a 2003 mercedes S500 amg!! 306hp!!

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Her name is The Black Bitch II, and yes I prefer two lanes because then I can pass slow people. I can't say I've ever paid attention to gas milage... I just fill up whenever someone else doesn't.

12. viking1

Gold Member

First off, I really am not sure cars say that much about the people that drive them. Certainly, in some cases they do. After working on cars I can see that some people don't care what they drive. As long as it gets them there. It's these kind of people that their car says nothing about them, and there are many of these people. I don't know anyone on here well enough to say if it says much about them or not. Other than many on here drive a certain car just to make an environmentalist political statement. I can see plenty of that here and in real life. What gets me is most of these people I see with hybrids and such are wealthy. Therefore, I must conclude that they are simply making a political statement by owning one. They certainly aren't concerned about saving money.

I drive two different pickup trucks. A 2003 Toyota Tundra, extra cab, 4x4, V8, auto, pretty well loaded with accessories. It's white with a tan interior, and has a fiberglass tonneau cover.

The other one is a 2007 Toyota Tacoma, reg cab, 2wd, 4cyl, base model. It is auto, has AC, and sliding rear window. Most everything else was standard.

I just wanted a cheap, reasonable fuel mileage vehicle to run around here local and to work. I could not find a car that suited me or had anywhere near this much room for anywhere close to what this truck cost.
    I set out to get a 40mpg small car but, they are cramped, and cost way too much for what you get. They don't have the utility of a pickup either.

13. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I drive a green Land Rover Discovery. I have it because I wanted a tank that wouldn't get damaged if someone hit me. It gets terrible gas mileage, it's pretentious but it's safe, it's high off the road, and I can carry my dog around in the back of it.

14. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Aw where's the obligatory picture of your dog then? :p

15. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    OK, everybody, don't forget to say something about the person ahead of you!

- - - -

ThinkKink: I knew it! (Well, the first part about the highway):wink:

Viking1: Well, cars do say SOMETHING about someone, even if not much.:tongue: What your vehicles say about you is that you're a practical kind of guy who's not "out to impress". You take care of your home, your cars, your dresser drawers are probably quite tidy, but you don't have a big dog. You might, however, have a cat. (Well, whadya think?)

XGX2007: LOL -- you're totally spot on about what my car says about me!:biggrin1: Nobody "evaluated" what your car says about you, so I'll speak for them: Your new-to-you 2003 mercedes S500 amg says that you love luxury, but you're too smart to pay through the nose for it. You love to drive, AND you like to make good impressions. That's a babe-mobile with class!

PrepStudInSC: What does your car say about you? That you stole my car from me!!!! (That was my last car, and my absolute favorite of all my cars) It says that you are daring, adventurous and like to party! :biggrin1:

16. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Hotmilf... I have bad road rage if you could imagine that... well I guess it's not that far off considering that... I have a quick temper on the board too. heh.

17. viking1

Gold Member

Well, I am practical. You got that right! I do take care of things, but that comes from working on varying equipment for years. Things here aren't terribly messy but I wouldn't exactly say they are tidy, either. I don't have a dog, cat, or any other animals. For me to be out to impress someone would only be "false advertising" I'm not very impressive. That's for sure...

18. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Now Hazel, not wanting to get off to a 'bad start' with you, as our paths have never crossed, as a member of many months, I am fully aware that there are other posts relating to 'the automobile'.

As has been pointed out, this post has a variation on the theme.

May I succinctly suggest that you do remember to read the primary post in the thread before making a, let's face it, 'nebulous' accusation.

That said, your Fairlady is rather sexy.

19. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the note, but judging from the majority of posts subsequent to the OP, I think you'll find that hardly anyone bothered to read the directions, and we've ended up with (yet another) redundant thread on vehicles.

Which reminds me, you didn't post what you think the car says about me... :wink:

20. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    OMG! That was my fault!! Sorry!

Hold on, I'm listening real close to what YOUR car says about you... Broooom, vdroooooom, squeak, oomp, chugga chugga wugga...

Just kidding.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

My apologies, I was trying to catch everyone up (because you're right, people weren't quite getting the instructions). The problem is with the title of the thread, which says "What car do you drive?" Instead of "Say something revealing about the car ahead of you..." or something like that.

You car says that you are a collector. You appreciate classics. You DON'T have a big dog (or if you do, you don't let him drive). And you're one bad ass dude! :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted