LPSG - Nasty Posters

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sometimes you just got to shut the computer off and do something constructive.

000-InternetArgument.jpg

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
PS

As an artist, I can tell you that all "positive" feedback, with no negative, is less than useless.
You can not grow as an artist without hearing real critique that is usually pretty harsh.

Similarly, you can not grow in your worldview if your ideas are never challenged.

If you want nothing but fawning encouragement, show it to your mom and let her hang it on the fridge.

What he said...plus...

Negative comments are just as valid as positive ones. This is an Adult site that covers a huge variety of topics.
Disagreements will happen. Friction will happen. Shit will fly. Adults behave badly - everywhere.

Deal with it....or stay in bed & hide under your duvet.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes indeed. the ignore button is a fine thing here on lpsg. i have a few on it as well. and also from time to time i take them off to give a second chance of nice so to speak, but there are a few that are right back on it in no time at all and will remain there.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As an artist, I can tell you that all "positive" feedback, with no negative, is less than useless. You can not grow as an artist without hearing real critique that is usually pretty harsh.
As an art historian I understand your point. What you fail to realize is that people do not post self portraits of their most intimate parts and moments for them to be assessed and critiqued as a bonafide work of art. :cool: This is not the Sundance Film Festival. When I peruse the gallery I'm not looking for the arc of the character, moody lighting, or underlying themes. I am looking for big, pretty dicks.

Similarly, you can not grow in your worldview if your ideas are never challenged.
That's true but quite often differing viewpoints are presented not as an actual opinion, but as someone playing devil's advocate just to stir the pot.

Fuck you, and you, and you, and you. You too!
PS. Don't take it personally.
hahaha :lmao: ROTFLMAO :rofl:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
This is a hard site to crack. First people have to get over their shyness, modesty, inhibitions and then they might feel like sharing. And when they do to get chewed up by some big bad meanie. :rolleyes:

Its easy to understand why so many lurk and don't contribute.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As an art historian I understand your point. What you fail to realize is that people do not post self portraits of their most intimate parts and moments for them to be assessed and critiqued as a bonafide work of art. :cool: This is not the Sundance Film Festival. When I peruse the gallery I'm not looking for the arc of the character, moody lighting, or underlying themes. I am looking for big, pretty dicks.

I used art as an example, NJ.... but the facts are the same across the board.

A forum is a commons- if you post a statement or a picture in a public commons, then you are INVITING comment.

That is all there is to it.
And an adult understands and accepts that that commentary may not be kind.

It is unreasonable and manipulative to suggest that other people must censor THEIR response to your publishing a picture of your most intimate parts.

Other people have a right to be just as forthcoming with their thoughts....

It may be hurtful... but that is the risk you take when you publish yourself.

To bring back the art analogy...
The world is full of failed and frustrated artists who simply did not have the emotional strength to take criticism... and so do not show their work.

It may be great work... even the greatest work of art will still, on wide publication, recieve some negative responses.

If you can't stand the heat- stay out of the kitchen.
If you can't shrug off cruel commentary on your appearance... don't hang your picture in the public square.

That's true but quite often differing viewpoints are presented not as an actual opinion, but as someone playing devil's advocate just to stir the pot.

So? Freedom is freedom... In art critique or philosophical debate playing devil's advocate is central to teaching people how to understand and defend their points of view.

You don't become a better tennis player by playing someone taking it easy on you.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've read this thread with great interest and have posted my comments,(That no one seems to have any comment on) I agree with everything that has been said since my post; well 99.99%. But at the end of the day it's not what you say, but how you say it. I feel it's possible to be honest and share you views even if they differ, but if you make people feel stupid and ashamed for having a differing viewpoint from your own they will either start throwing barbs or vanish. Opening the discussion in an adult manner will accomplish much more than behaving as if we are in a seventh grade cafeteria with google.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
PS

As an artist, I can tell you that all "positive" feedback, with no negative, is less than useless.
You can not grow as an artist without hearing real critique that is usually pretty harsh.

If you want nothing but fawning encouragement, show it to your mom and let her hang it on the fridge.

QFT!!
Hey Phil! We agree again!
What Phil said is right on the money so I'm quoting him.
cigarbabe:saevil: