LPSG not a fun place anymore?

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hi CardiffDillon -- Sorry to hear that you are considering leaving, but I understand where you are coming from. Those of us who've been here a while have all seen the site evolve, and not always for the better. Try to take the long view, and keep in mind that while the site does go through its ups and downs, inevitably a "down" is followed by an "up."

Sklar: Not that I expect you to care about my opinion, but as a close friend of jumbo747jet for 5-6 years now I can assure you that he doesn't enjoy playing the heavy around here. Like all the mods, he gives unselfishly of his time and energy to keep this site going.

Steve

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Although I understand what it is you are not happy with at LPSG right now, I think leaving the site is the wrong thing to do.
A vast majority of us, many of us members for many years, know what makes LPSG the unique site is truly is.
Like you describe, we have had different opinions but our discussions have always been handled with mutual respect.

My suggestion, instead of leaving the site, is that anybody who feels that another poster is stepping over the line, being disrespectful or abusive, reports this to the moderating team.

Deciding what is abuse and what isn't can sometimes be very difficult to do but when several members report the same post, it can at least let the moderating team know that several members are unhappy with it, which can be a helpful deciding factor.

Just in case anybody isn't aware of how to report a post to the moderators, there is a little yellow icon with a ! on it, at the bottom left hand corner of each post. Click this icon and report the post.

Those of us who appreciate the LPSG site and want to keep it the friendly and open place it's always been far outnumber those who want to destroy things. Let's make those people know that we're not going to let them get away with it.

jumbo747jet, member since the birth of LPSG and part of the moderating team since 2007

Hi CardiffDillon -- Sorry to hear that you are considering leaving, but I understand where you are coming from. Those of us who've been here a while have all seen the site evolve, and not always for the better. Try to take the long view, and keep in mind that while the site does go through its ups and downs, inevitably a "down" is followed by an "up."

Sklar: Not that I expect you to care about my opinion, but as a close friend of jumbo747jet for 5-6 years now I can assure you that he doesn't enjoy playing the heavy around here. Like all the mods, he gives unselfishly of his time and energy to keep this site going.

Steve
I think these two gentleman said it best and being a long time Lurker and member here I will say you will be soarly missed, Ten years is a long time I can understand if you need a brake so I say "God bess you" and pop in from time to time :popworm: