• Democrat not listed

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Third Party Candidate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dems08

Loved Member
Media
The last thread I started was before the 06 mid-term elections which changed the political backdrop drastically. We now have a better idea who's in and who's out. We also know that the states are going to change the dates we vote for our respective nominees earlier that ever before, which will make for the longest presidential election cycle in the history of our country.

So I updated the poll to reflect the nominees that are in the race and are true contenders to win the White House in the 08 election.

Who do you support?

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
another of those "lesser of two evils" kind of elections.

Hillary Clinton

dems08

Loved Member
Media
The pic that was in the email inbox of every democrat the morning of November 8, 2006.

Attachments

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Hillary. She is the most electable. Obama is a nice guy, but the "dirt' on him that the Republicans will find "manufacture" will be new and hurt him.
Hillary's negatives are already there, new negatives won't affect her. She will come across and the most experienced candidate, plus Our Boy Bill will make an appearance when needed and he still is the darling of many people.

Edwards is a nice guy. I have no problems with him either except I don't think he can win the Democratic primary. If he did, he would be a formidable candidate. I don't dislike any of the three and all would have my great support if they win the nomination.

I can't support any of the Republican candidates that are running right now.

dems08

Loved Member
Media
Freddie53 what state(s) do you think Hillary will try to add on to what Kerry won in 04? Ohio? The Southwest?

I would think Edwards is the most electable democrat. But don't get me wrong, I would love to have Bill back in the White House and I think Hillary would be a wonderful president.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You left out "none of the above." Third party doesn't count as "none of the above," because it implies party affiliation.

jacob_6000

Just Browsing
Media
You left out "none of the above." Third party doesn't count as "none of the above," because it implies party affiliation.

Can't we move past the idea that there is a perfect candidate out there? After six years of George W. Bush I would think that people would be able to see sunlight between ideas and candidates. Votes matter and yes you can be cute and say that nobody is 100% to your satisfaction but come on. Don't think for a second that it's a good quality to do nothing and sit on the sidelines while the country is going to hell.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You forgot my favorite choice:

Anybody but the idiots who are running.

(I always vote against the incumbent.)

jacob_6000

Just Browsing
Media
You forgot my favorite choice:

Anybody but the idiots who are running.

(I always vote against the incumbent.)

Wow, what a smart system! I usually look at the record of the people running and the events that shape the election but hey, at least you vote.

afromla

Just Browsing
Media
Between the guy who wants a "none of the above" option and the guy who votes against the incumbent everytime no matter what, I'm starting to think that the people are just as much of the problem in this country as those who run it.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Freddie53 what state(s) do you think Hillary will try to add on to what Kerry won in 04? Ohio? The Southwest?

I would think Edwards is the most electable democrat. But don't get me wrong, I would love to have Bill back in the White House and I think Hillary would be a wonderful president.
John Edwards may be the most electable. But I don't think he can get the Democratic nomination.
As to your comment which state Hillary would pick up. Arkansas would be the most likely choice. Why. While Bush did carry Arkansas, it was by the barest of margins. Since then, the state which then had a Republican governor and in 2000 had 2 GOP representatives, now has a complete cast of executive offices that are elected that is Democratic. The state house has 80 Democrats to the Republicans 20. The state only has one GOP Congressman coming from Northwest Arkansas which has a large retiree population that is Republican. Arkansas is the most solidly Democratic state in the South. In presidential elections though the votes flip flop on personalities more than party. Arkansas is a populist state. This is the state that voted for a progressive Republican Winthrop Rockefeller, Bill Fulbright, the Senate leader in the anti-Vietnam debate and also Wallace the segregationist presidential candidate. The politics of those three are not really compatible.

The voters here liked Bush as he was from neighboring Texas. Still he almost didn't carry the state. Right now Bush is very much disliked here in Arkansas, very much. Bill Clinton is still very popular in Arkansas. If our boy Bill campaigns enough in Arkansas Hillary will take it. So would the other two I suspect though.

I suspect Tennessee now regrets not supporting their favorite son Al Gore in 2000. And just might switch this time.

I prefer to look at 2000 results. Kerry lost his election all by himself. Bush was beatable.

dems08

Loved Member
Media
Thanks Freddie53! I still think the democrats best hope to pick up electoral votes is in the southwest.

Also Chuck Hagel left opened the option to run with Michael Bloomberg as an independent ticket. Click here for the story.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you show up on election day and search for the "none of the above" option?
You may be an idiot, but your are a cute idiot. Have you ever heard the term, "independent?"

Neither of the two "main parties" has offered us anything palatable in years. If the machines offer me the choice of a shit sandwich or a shit pie, what's wrong with me choosing neither?

I can see by your member name what your motivations are.

Can't we move past the idea that there is a perfect candidate out there? After six years of George W. Bush I would think that people would be able to see sunlight between ideas and candidates. Votes matter and yes you can be cute and say that nobody is 100% to your satisfaction but come on. Don't think for a second that it's a good quality to do nothing and sit on the sidelines while the country is going to hell.
I'm not asking for a perfect candidate, just one who is not beholden to a party-line way of thinking.

Between the guy who wants a "none of the above" option and the guy who votes against the incumbent everytime no matter what, I'm starting to think that the people are just as much of the problem in this country as those who run it.
You may be an idiot, but your are a cute idiot. I didn't say I wanted a "none of the above" option on the ballot, I said I wanted one in the poll.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
bottom line....... at least get out there and Vote

I sometimes wish I could knuckle rap the people I know who bitch and moan, but never bother to vote.

dems08

Loved Member
Media
You may be an idiot, but your are a cute idiot. Have you ever heard the term, "independent?"

Neither of the two "main parties" has offered us anything palatable in years. If the machines offer me the choice of a shit sandwich or a shit pie, what's wrong with me choosing neither?

I can see by your member name what your motivations are.

If you pick neither at the polls then you would not have voted. Same here; if you don't like the options move on to the next thread. That was my point in the question I put to you in my post.

And I have no other motivations than to express my views and to connect with others who are excited about the same things that I am.