LPSG Radio

hung_big: Alright, all of this idea is pending Mark's approval...but I thought I would put the poll up already.

LPSG might have a potention ONLINE RADIO station! But, in order to give LPSGers the best experience possible I thought it would be a good idea to set up a poll.

Fill out the following form:

Favourite Type(s) of Music:
Favourite Artist(s) and/or Band(s):

Type(s) of music that you despise:
Least Favourite Arist(s) and/or band(s):

Recommended songs (include artist) to be played (the MORE the BETTER, 10+ preferably):

Any ideas for this potential radio station (name, music, dj):

This radio station will likely involve a radio DJ, a chat room where the lpsgers can meet and a request/dedication email system.

If there is enough support for this radio station it may just become very popular. This is a way to catch that one song that you don't have in your collection, hear an old favourite or get introduced to a new song/band!

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
I AM HELPFUL

Favourite Type(s) of Music: rock and fuckin roll
Favourite Artist(s) and/or Band(s): motorhead, ramones, dead kennedys, blockheads, reverend horton heat

Type(s) of music that you despise: pretty much everything else
Least Favourite Arist(s) and/or band(s): seriously impossible to choose

Recommended songs (include artist) to be played (the MORE the BETTER, 10+ preferably): well anything by my favorite bands, obviously

Any ideas for this potential radio station (name, music, dj): haha I really don't think you want my recommendations on that

hung_big:
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Apr 16 2005, 10:17 PM
I AM HELPFUL

Favourite Type(s) of Music: rock and fuckin roll
Favourite Artist(s) and/or Band(s): motorhead, ramones, dead kennedys, blockheads, reverend horton heat

Type(s) of music that you despise: pretty much everything else
Least Favourite Arist(s) and/or band(s): seriously impossible to choose

Recommended songs (include artist) to be played (the MORE the BETTER, 10+ preferably): well anything by my favorite bands, obviously

Any ideas for this potential radio station (name, music, dj): haha I really don't think you want my recommendations on that
[post=301271]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't worry Rock, I wasn't expecting anything less cynical and sarcastic from you ;)

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Heh we have Clear Channel all over the place out here and its really disappointing to realize they sucked up nearly every radio station in town and can change them to play whatever music they feel like.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Altairion,
You have no idea. You should work in radio ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................sigh.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Apr 17 2005, 11:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Apr 17 2005, 11:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hung_big@Apr 17 2005, 03:31 AM
Don&#39;t worry Rock, I wasn&#39;t expecting anything less cynical and sarcastic from you ;)
[post=301274]Quoted post[/post]​
well excuse me all to hell then
[post=301376]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Hey Dr. Rock, as amusing as this new avatar is, I miss seeing your mugshot, any chance of a new one coming?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
no I got bored with that one. I don&#39;t own a camera so it may be a while until new photos of me exist. I made that one because my friends have decided that bruce spence&#39;s character in the Return of the King movie is supposed to be me. while I don&#39;t see many similarities beyond the voice (okay, and maybe the teeth) I&#39;m sufficiently flattered by the comparison to such an awesome actor to play along (at least until it gets annoying).

hung_big: Anyone actually wanna get to the actual survey? ;)

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by hung_big@Apr 17 2005, 08:45 AM
Anyone actually wanna get to the actual survey? ;)
[post=301397]Quoted post[/post]​

Heh, might as well entertain you Chris :)

Favourite Type(s) of Music: Rock, Alternative
Favourite Artist(s) and/or Band(s): Dave Matthews Band, Green Day, U2, Jimmy Eat World, Linkin Park, Three Doors Down, Bowling for Soup, Offspring, etc.

Type(s) of music that you despise:
Least Favourite Arist(s) and/or band(s): Not a huge fan of country, rap, and hip hop

Recommended songs (include artist) to be played (the MORE the BETTER, 10+ preferably): Jerk It Out - Ceasars Palace, Vertigo - U2, Takes My Pain Away - Jimmy Eat World, Marcs Car - Swizzle Tree, 1985 - Bowling for Soup, Right on Time - OAR, Calling You - Blue October, Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day, Crush - Dave Matthews Band, Stay - Dave Matthews Band, Ants Marching - Dave Matthews Band, Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park, Numb - Linkin Park

Any ideas for this potential radio station (name, music, dj): All I can say is that the early rush hour show should be named Hanging Out in the Morning with *Insert Name* and *Insert Name*

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Altairion@Apr 17 2005, 12:51 PM
Any ideas for this potential radio station (name, music, dj): All I can say is that the early rush hour show should be named Hanging Out in the Morning with *Insert Name* and *Insert Name*
[post=301436]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;d just change that a little bit for this crowd here--it should be Hung In the Morning With ________ and ________ ;)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just an aside here: Mark asked me to act as a spokesman for LPSG on an online radio show, the Christian and Vince Show on Outlet Radio, a couple of years ago. They asked me questions ("What&#39;s so bad about having a big dick that you would need a &#39;support group&#39;?") and read a few posts on the air. We picked up some members because of that particular interview (and I got quite a few propositions via PM&#33;), and it was quite a bit of fun. Thankfully, they didn&#39;t treat our group like a joke and actually asked some serious questions. Mark said that he was pleased with the way the interview went.

hung_big: So is anyone actually going to answer the survey? I have 1 and...I&#39;ll give Rock&#39;s a half ;)