LPSG Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by melbbiguy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. melbbiguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi, I live in Australia and often watch US TV, including Fox News and comedy shows such as the daily show and colbert.

I'm definately not right wing or religous and make no comment either way on those that are however I am curious to know are there any LPSG'ers that would class themselves as Republicans or Tea Party supporters?

I guess I look at this site as being something that I personally would class as flying in the face of the ideals of these parties and am wondering how members who would class themselves as right wing reconcile being members of this site?

I am not passing judgement but rather am trying to understand the mindset of Republicans and Tea Party followers to help me in understanding what it is I see when watching these programs especially in the lead up to elections.

2. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've said this before, but I don't mind saying it again. I'm a bi Republican myself, so maybe I can shed light on something a lot of people struggle to understand. When you get right down to it, it's really a little silly to be surprised at the idea that people can be both gay and Republican. What do Republicans stand for? Lots of stuff other than gay rights, of which anyone of any sexuality might well be supportive. I can see where the gay rights issue gets confusing, but remember that not everyone who is gay is necessarily in favor of them, just as not all members of minority demographics are in favor of Affirmative Action, to draw a rough analogy.

Also, consider groups like the Log Cabin Republicans, who consider themselves loyal Republicans with the exception of having a pro-gay-rights agenda. This is no more confusing than people who are pro-life Democrats: still Democrats, right, even though their views on one or two issues don't fit perfectly into the mainstream?

Edited to add: It's true that there are more liberals than conservatives on this site, so things tend to lean in that direction, but LPSG isn't about political parties. Republicans have penises, too, and despite the bitchy reply I'm sure a few of the more juvenile members are already forming, they can be just as hung as their Democrat counterparts.

#2 travis1985, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  3. D_Harry_Scholnga

D_Harry_Scholnga New Member

Reagan crawled into bed with Jerry Falwell and the Republican party has had to deal with total wackos every since. Now they can't win a general election without these nut cases votes, so they will promise them the moon and deliver very few things to them, however as the years go by the Religious Right gains more and more power. The only good that comes out of that relationship is that it continually makes it harder and harder for an independent to vote for extremist Republican candidates.

4. jeff2982

jeff2982 New Member

Albums:
    First, let me apologize, on behalf of all Americans that you are subjected to our internal politics, and even more so our television. Second, the fact that you are curious suddenly makes me feel like my country's politics is like a bad reality show that the rest of the world watches like a traffic accident.

To try to answer your question, I doubt penis size has any correlation to any political ideology, but being willing to discuss it openly may.

To me, the reason why this site works is that we focus on what we have in common, in this case, penis. In my opinion, American politics right now would take any ten friends from here and turn them into enemies in a minute.

5. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That might be the best possible response this entire thread will see. No one deserves to have to watch the shit we have on TV.

6. dude_007

Gold Member

I'm sorry, but what the crap are you talking about? The gay rights issue with the Republican party is not confusing. Republicans are totally anti-gay. In fact, it is one of the reasons we got George Bush. Because Gore and Kerry were both supportive of gay rights. That, and the ever-questionable 2000 election.

7. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm willing to answer that if necessary, but I'll wait and see if anyone else didn't understand what I said. I tried really hard to be clear, and I think I was mostly successful if you read carefully.

8. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tea Party with Republcian leanings.

Sklar

9. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    5 minutes perusing most politics threads, will supply you with an indication Aussie..........

10. Channelwood

Channelwood New Member

(Mostly copied from a previous post.)

I am a registered member of the Republican Party, yet I do not consider myself ideologically a Republican.

Why? Because elections are a game, and to win a game does not always mean playing offense, it sometimes means playing defense, especially in a voting system as antiquated as the one in America.

In the last Presidential caucuses, I accounted for 25% of my precinct, and was able to sway another 25% (1 person) to a candidate I believed *less* likely to win the general election.

I was looking very much forward to going to the caucuses if Bachmann was a candidate, but it looks like I can easily turn my critical voice to rail against the vile, despicable Santorum and shock a couple of my neighbors. (Best headline ever - "Santorum surges from behind.")

11. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

12. zephyr808

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To melbbiguy, I haven't been on here very long either, but my assessment is that there are more left-leaning members on here than right-leaning (and I'm talking about politics, not dicks). The erotic content on this site may not be the primary reason for coming here for everyone, but nobody could claim to not know about it before creating an account on the Large Penis Support Group. Being on here means you at least tolerate the expression of some sexuality on the internet, and tolerance falls more in line with a liberal or progressive political bent. Which I have, so I can't speak for the opposing viewpoint. I watch Jon Stewart more than Colbert, both are funny. It kind of scares me how some people I know think they are watching "the news" when viewing either of those shows, has the line between news and entertainment been blurred so badly? From my perspective that is the majority of the success of Fox News, especially among people who have trouble distinguishing between the two, but I guess it goes to show it happens everywhere.

None of this is to say that there aren't exceptions to every rule, there are. I'd just guess that you wouldn't find too many Republicans or teabaggers on here like you might see on Fox News. Seems to me that far right wingers would be more inclined to shut a site like this down than contribute to it in a positive sense. But most Americans, from my experience, aren't the over-the-top extremes of both parties that get broadcast all across the planet.

13. houtx48

Gold Member

I like the "Bi Republican"...............Lmfao Log cabin, GOPROUD, Jews who love Jesus, The Republican Party is run by a herd of friggin nuts and wackos

14. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

I know for a fact that there are no well-hung Republicans! ;-)

15. erratic

Gold Member

I, too, struggle to understand the Republican party ethos. I get the Tea Party, in theory. Being fed up with interventionist government is not an exclusively American thing. But I am amazed at how nakedly the Republican party says "let's say no to everything except if rich people want it" and yet it still gets widespread support. There seems to be no shame left in that party whatsoever. They'll say whatever crazy-ass thing they feel like and claim there's a culture war if someone shows them how they're wrong.

I guess what I'm saying is I get conservatism, but I don't get how conservatives would vote Republican.

Before any Republicans give me what-for, my appraisal of the Democratic party isn't that glowing, either. They seem to roll over pretty damn easily, especially when big money wants it. And they're not really that liberal.

Is it just that you only have two choices? Party of hypocrites A and party of hypocrites B? I won't pretend to judge the voters - I'm not an American. Hell, I don't even travel to America more than once a decade, and I live right next door. Further, both parties seem pretty distasteful. I'm just as curious as melbbiguy about all this. If you had other parties, say a Libertarian party without a social conservative core, would you still vote Republican?

And, not to thread jack, but I really, really, really don't get gay Republicans. That's your choice, travis1985, and I'm not here to hate on you for it, but my first thought when I hear gay people say they're Republicans is "Are you out of your fucking mind?" I know that there are more issues than queer issues when it comes to politics, and I could understand supporting them even if the Republicans didn't want to promote queer issues, but it seems the Republican Party wants to strip queer and trans Americans of the equalities that they do enjoy. I don't get it.

P.S. Please don't mistake me for a holier-than-thou Canadian. The only thing I honestly think is better about Canadian political parties than American ones is that we have more than two. So you can be a bit more picky about the collection of idiots and hypocrites you vote for. That ain't saying much.

#15 erratic, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  16. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It is quite extraordinary that the US has such an insane government but still roams around the rest of the world bullying countries. Granted, Mr Putin is doing his best to make the US look good again, but he has quite a job to do. Now, the west wing was great fun to watch, but I think the reason it is fun is because US government is an eternal ongoing fight which has very little to do with voters or their wishes. But we cant get west wing any more, so must make do with what you give us.

17. upone

upone New Member

Dandelion, posting here gives no indication of one's level of wealth, so I have to ask: Would you whack off your cock for US $1 million?

For someone with an adjusted gross income over US $8 million the Bush tax cuts of 2003 mean a US $1 million gift.

And all the Republican Party is doing in exchange for that is threatening to whack off their cocks.

Jack Benny was a U.S. comedian a couple generations ago. He had a running joke about being a tightwad. One of his skits was:

ROBBER: "Your money or your life!"

BENNY: Looks around.

ROBBER: "I said, 'Your money or your life!'"

BENNY: "I'm thinking it over."

18. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Like I said, sometimes it's not about what is most convenient for you personally. People are surprised when the middle-class votes for something that's beneficial to the rich. Then they're truly bewildered when a gay person isn't a gay rights activist. Personally, I'm middle class and bi. But everything isn't about me. It's supposed to be about what's right overall. To my eyes, there's something really ignorant and medieval about assuming what people's views and opinions must be because of what they have in the bank or what their sexual preferences are.

19. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Well it seems to me that lesbians and gay guys have had to struggle for their rights in the USA for many decades so it doesn't make much sense for them to support the Republicans. Republicans have catered to the right-wing christian groups who are specifically anti-homosexual and make no bones about it. So from my POV it makes no sense for gay people to be Republicans.

20. houtx48

Gold Member

How do you explain GOPROUD or Log cabin Republicans? I for one think GOPROUD is something the Koch Brothers invented and pay for but that's another story.

Draft saved Draft deleted