Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really post much in the forums at all, but I thought I would provide my two cents on the subject of seeking out votes outside of this website.

It's a simple thought, if there had been no cash prize, would you have bothered posting to social media/other sites for votes? I think you know the answer is no. So if the answer is no, then you probably know, that doing so wasn't the fair thing to do. Whether or not it was explicitly stated in some arbitrary rules. It's common sense.

My suggestion would be to divide the top prize cash amount among the top 3 winners, and then just divvy up the remainder to the other finalists. The contest wasn't advertised on other websites, so the contestants should have followed suit.

Just my 2 cents.
I could be wrong but I think I saw the LPSG Twitter account posting the "leading" video for each round at a point where voting was still open. Isn't that also "advertising" even if the entry was already at the number one spot? So why should the competitors themselves not be allowed to advertise their entries?

Boinkerz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could be wrong but I think I saw the LPSG Twitter account posting the "leading" video for each round at a point where voting was still open. Isn't that also "advertising" even if the entry was already at the number one spot? So why should the competitors themselves not be allowed to advertise their entries?

I don't believe that the fact that the LPSG twitter account advertised a contest is the reasoning behind Lach using his social media to get votes. I think it's pretty clear he was going to do that from the get go. And then lied when called on it.

I mean maybe I missed the point of the contest, but it didn't once cross my mind to go onto sites I have plenty of friends on like xhamster and others to garner votes.

I'm saying that the results of the final tally are a wash. If you look at the total number of votes on each round it doesn't add up to the votes Lach received when it came time to cash in. I'd wager in reality you could probably knock 1000+ votes off of his total and that would be more in line with the LPSG voter representation.

In either case, it makes no difference to me, I placed last obviously. But at least I can say my votes were LPSG members only. Which is why I think top prize should just be split 3 ways on the top 3.

Reactions: toniphillips

toniphillips

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't believe that the fact that the LPSG twitter account advertised a contest is the reasoning behind Lach using his social media to get votes. I think it's pretty clear he was going to do that from the get go. And then lied when called on it.

I mean maybe I missed the point of the contest, but it didn't once cross my mind to go onto sites I have plenty of friends on like xhamster and others to garner votes.

I'm saying that the results of the final tally are a wash. If you look at the total number of votes on each round it doesn't add up to the votes Lach received when it came time to cash in. I'd wager in reality you could probably knock 1000+ votes off of his total and that would be more in line with the LPSG voter representation.

In either case, it makes no difference to me, I placed last obviously. But at least I can say my votes were LPSG members only. Which is why I think top prize should just be split 3 ways on the top 3.
Oh no, I totally agree, I didn't advertise my entry on twitter in my round either. I thought about it but decided it would've been unfair. I guess for future competitions there should just be a clear rule for that and for this one it's too late. it was a first try and I guess we all learned something from this lol

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Uhm, I am kinda wondering if this got forgotten? I haven’t heard anything about the contest since the finals were announced. Anyone knows more?
Sorry. The increase in traffic on the site since the lockdown have caused me to get behind on this. Sorry this out this afternoon.

Chowderbomb

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Absolutely promise you it will be done tomorrow if not I'll double the prizes.

Sorry the server issues have just consumed the past few weeks for me :(
Having been admin on another forum, I can vouch for you when you say technical issues can be a pain in the backside.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response