LPSG smart?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_DEATHbyCARROT, Apr 27, 2008.

1. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

I was just thinking that the posting members of this site are actually pretty smart. Look at the threads that deal with topics like politics and race and even though you will find differing opinions it's usually kept kinda civil and pretty intelligent. Even if someone disagrees with me I can recognize that they thought things through and just arrived at a different place than me.

It's just not what one would expect from a site about something like big dicks...

Just compare this to the message boards of the average gaming site :rolleyes:

2. 9incut

9incut New Member

I know what you mean. I'm a part of a few gaming sites (by necessity of having the games) and I think the difference is age. Believe it or not, these days a good bit of the people sitting behind those avatars are in the 9-16yr old age range and all they know of is to throw back empty comments.

3. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not always, there are a few stunning dullard dumbarses on here too.

When they're young you can ignore 90% of it as ignorance and regurgitated parental rhetoric, but when they're adult and spouting shit, they're either trolls here for the fun of pissing on other people cornflakes or just good old fashioned dumb as dog shit.

From my point of view, the worst offenders tend to be unseasoned, green, usually American, male teens.

On the other hand, for the most part, there are some really sharp, bright, insightful and usually American folks, lol, that give this site much credit.

4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

think I'm gonna cry ...

5. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    *Hands Nick4444 a tissue.*

6. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Even the people that seem dumb and slow to some are actually rather intelligent. When setting aside personal issues with some people, it's easier to say (but that's easier said than done :p). There are also people that are smart in certain areas and completely lacking in others. For instance, not every single intelligent person is toting a quick wit being that is a personality trait more than a gauge of intelligence. I've known some incredibly dumb people that still manage to have a knack with quick and witty humor and many very silent yet incredibly (almost scary) intelligence. Then you have the lazy but intelligent, wasting their gift, and so-on. Also, can't forget to count talents as being smart.

About the gammer forum age thing. You're both right and wrong. I say wrong only due to generalization, as I've met some pretty keen young people over these short years. I do still agree with you in saying that it tends to come with age, though!

7. D_one and done

D_one and done New Member

haha i noticed that too when i first came here Carrot, and i definitely agree the difference is mostly age. coming from other websites with younger members it was intimidating at first to be thrown into these deep mature arguments, but in the end i feel more comfortable here than i ever did with the people that were around my age. it was a relief of sorts for me to unlearn my internet talk ("funny" misspellings, numerous acronyms, etc) and actually speak with what little intelligence i have among mature adults. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT :biggrin1:

now this shouldn't suggest that young people are ignorant because i know for a fact that most of them are smarter and wiser than the general public gives them credit. they're just not my element. i have an "old soul"

8. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's funny. I definitely come for the debates...lol.

9. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Thank you. Its always nice to be appreciated.

( psst, he thinks i'm stunning...)

10. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Whatever. All boards have a few "flakes", mental dander and all hanging on, trying to prove whatever point they're inclined to make.

I know a couple that post constantly and aren't all there.

11. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

yes i definitely agree! just because this is a penis support group doesn't mean there aren't other things which are just as important.

12. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To the OP, I really didn't what to expect when I found this site & decided to become an active participant. I have run across the random "less intelligent ones" but for the overall aspect, I am very pleased with the adult mentality that a site that has the potential to get silly remains on. I've had a lot of mature conversations here that I have used to enrich my life. I try to say things to others that will help them out as well--just stories from my life.

This site is one of my favorites for conversation & mental stimulation. I kick it on the weekends sometimes with a couple of folks. We always respect each other & remain cool. That's the beauty of being an adult. I'm thankful that it's not ALWAYS about big dicks. But they've gotta be in there somewhere, you know?:biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted