LPSG Spotlight - DaveyR

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Davey!

1) What was the last concert/music performance you went to?

Elton John at the SECC in Glasgow just before I left the UK

2) What do you like most and least of Spain?

The laid back attitude to most things in life and of course the wonderful weather in the Canaries where we have only 2 seasons. Spring and summer. What I least is the way they put up with all the red tape and barely ever complain about poor service. I believe that is a product of the Franco years of dictatorship where people could not complain about anything. Things are changing but slowly.

3) Do you have any brothers or sisters? Elder or younger?

I'm an only one but was brought up within a stones throw of all my cousins and we were like one big family. I second oldest of us all.

4) What did you want to be as a kid?

A Teacher for many years then saw sense as I got older :eek:

5) Do you believe in ghosts/the paranormal? Have you had any related experiences?

I keep an open mind on these things.I think there are so many things that are beyond the comprehension of human senses that it would be limiting to dissmiss them. I've had one experience that I could not explain but would rather keep it to myself.

My Oprah questions now:

6) If you could be an animal for one day, which one would you choose and why?

An eagle as it would be amazing to be able to soar above the earth at will.

7) What personal characteristics do you feel you possess that would be an asset to the position for which your applying for? :eek: ... wrong questionnaire...I've been in many positions and never had to apply for them as such :tongue:

Hello, DaveyR:

what is your absolute favorite thing to do?

Have friends round for a nice meal a few drinks and a good old natter about everything and anything. We are doing that tonight infact

if you could go anywhere, with no time or space limitations, where would it be & why?

I've been to Fiji once and it was only 5 days. It was the most amazing place on earth. I'd love to go back for an extended stay. I know you said without space and time limitations but Fiji would do me.

FWIW, that's precisely my experience too. :rolleyes: I just turned green at the sulphury aroma and lack of oxygen up there, and headed back downwards as fast as my legs would carry me. So perhaps not something to be taken lightly, after all. :wink: Thanks for the replies, you Marmite-eating freak! :tongue:

You are very welcome and I feel you let me off the hook quite lightly. I'm sure that given enough time I could convert you to a marmite lover. :biggrin1:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do you stay so kind, and "above it all"? :smile:

Oh I really do have my moments and can blow up very quickly. I calm just as quickly so if something really gets to me on here I type out a reply then read it then wait an hour. Usually by then I wont post it. :smile:

Oh, and plaid, or paisley? Ummmm neither :eek:

1. Where are you going on your honeymoon?
2. Marmite from a jar?! Do you have any taste buds left? I can barely tolerate it on a 3" thick slice of toast...:barf:

We are not fully decided yet but a Canary Island cruise is looking favourite just now. The cruises run from October to March which would suit us. We don't want to go away immediately after getting hitched as all our friends and family will be over and we don't see them that often. I will be doing something as a surprise though so I won't say any more here or it will be spoilt when P reads this.

You got it the wrong way round. You put 3 inches of marmite on thin toast not the other way round. Silly boy :rolleyes::tongue:

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
7) What personal characteristics do you feel you possess that would be an asset to the position for which your applying for? :eek: ... wrong questionnaire...I've been in many positions and never had to apply for them as such :tongue:

I'd love to see the face of the interviewer if you responded that at a job interview! LOL!

Loved your answers, Thank you!

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
We are not fully decided yet but a Canary Island cruise is looking favourite just now. The cruises run from October to March which would suit us. We don't want to go away immediately after getting hitched as all our friends and family will be over and we don't see them that often. I will be doing something as a surprise though so I won't say any more here or it will be spoilt when P reads this.

Mum's the word. Sounds like a lovely time.

You got it the wrong way round. You put 3 inches of marmite on thin toast not the other way round. Silly boy :rolleyes::tongue:

OKAY!!! You want some nice room-temperature lutefisk to go with that? :biggrin1:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A happy contented relationship. It's one of the few things in life that can't be bought.
What is your greatest fear?
Rats - it's a real phobis of mine. Other than that nothing.
What is your greatest extravagance?
Diamond jewellery - mainly for P but some for me too.
What words or phrases you most overuse?
Fuck and Cono(Spanish for cunt) usually when driving :redface:
What is your current state of mind?
Same as almost always breezy and positive
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
People in a poverty trap with no chance of ever getting out of it. That saddens me.
What is your most treasured possession?
My life and health. I only see inanimate objects as possesions really and they don't mean a huge amount to me as most are replacable.
What quality do you like best in yourself?
My ability to see good in almost everyone and my positive outlook on most things.
Who is your favorite writer?
Iain M Banks (Scottish Author) I rarely read fiction but love his books.
What is it you most dislike?
My own impatience at times. :rolleyes: Also the huge problems caused since forever by organised Religion.
What is your motto?
Enjoy life and treat others as you want them to treat you.
Fill in the blank: Davey R is raving idiot because he can't help it

Did my questions slip through the cracks or are you ignoring me?

I could never ignore you. I must have been posting at the same time as you and missed your's sorry. :redface:

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Davey,

How old were you when you first took a plane? Where did you go?

Which was the most memorable trip you've ever done?

Which were your favourite subjects at school?

Which job would be the worst for you?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Davey,

How old were you when you first took a plane? Where did you go?

I was almost 16 and flew from London to JFK on my own to stay with family in NJ. I planned, booked and payed for the trip on my own.

Which was the most memorable trip you've ever done?

We took a round the World trip for my 40th 5 years ago. We went via Singapore, Sydney, Fiji, LA and New York. The Hightlight was a trip in a 4 seater sea plane over the Northern Beaches and the Sydney harbour bridge on my birthday itself.

Which were your favourite subjects at school?

Many. Maths, French, Spanish, Geography, Woodwork and Engineering

Which job would be the worst for you?

Anything involving Customer Servicewhere the customers act dumb or are really picky. I say what I think too easily.:redface:

Thanks for some great questions Cockoloco and everyone else too so far. :smile:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Did my questions slip through the cracks or are you ignoring me?

I reckon he just missed the post within the post...

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
What is your greatest fear?
What is your greatest extravagance?
What words or phrases you most overuse?
What is your current state of mind?
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
What is your most treasured possession?
What quality do you like best in yourself?
Who is your favorite writer?
What is it you most dislike?
What is your motto?
Fill in the blank: Jeff Black is_____________ because_______________

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
There is just not enough questions for this man. Allow me to help out a bit.

1) How do you feel about people who are uncomfortable with eating meat, due to the cruelty to animals thing, aka vegans.:cool:

2) Have you ever felt the need to expose your genitals in public?

3) Have you ever had to let go of your first love?

4) What did you find so attractive about women?

5) Why is it that it's easier to go for a walk than it is for a run?

6) Do you have a preference when it comes to type of clothing?

7) What would your idea job be in life?

8) Can two people ever agree on a team preference in sports?

9) What is your favourite flavour of soda pop?