LPSG Spotlight: Drifterwood

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I know that it's been asked of you before--hundreds of times:

How the hell do you pay the bills?

I'm guessing that you own several antique shops or you are an importer/exporter of exotic goods. Until we get an answer, well continue to speculate.

I have a little card with an always pay limit :biggrin1:

It's more fun to sit and watch you guess.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Drifter - you big baxtard! :wink:

:biggrin1:

If you were to suddenly fall off the wagon vis-a-vis religion which religion do you think you might go for? And why?

I would be a Pagan. Perhaps I am a Pagan. It just means the ways of the Villagers/countryside, but a respect for nature should be overlooked at our peril. There have always been elements of Buddhism that appeal on a spiritual level, but the practice has shocked me from time to time. I don't do jam tomorrow promises. Seems now you have to outbid the previous guys.

If you had to shag Jeremy Clarkson or Jeffrey Archer or die would you choose poison or hanging? :biggrin:

Hanged by Peerpoint or whatever his name was.

Best episode of Father Ted?

The one where Ted got himself in an awful mess through no fault of his own and had to go through a series of embarassing mishaps to get out of it, compounded by Dougal's idiocy and punctuated by go on go on go on, feck, drink, whore, fecker drink. You remember the one?

The Milk Float and Father Ted is a racist.

Spaniels or collies?

:rolleyes: Collies.

What event (in common knowledge terms, not in your personal life) in the last 30 years has stayed with you more than any other?

The Berlin Wall coming down, 9.11 and Gibbsie's late winner at Twickenham.

Jeans or slacks?

Jeans

Acoustic or electric?

Tough call, it's more about who's playing and I am fonder of electric players.

One thing you feel you really must do before you die?

Live.

American style coffee or French café?

Italian espresso, I am not even going to discuss the other two.

Nureyev and Fonteyn or Nureyev and Piggy? :rolleyes:

I think Nureyev felt less intimidated by Fonteyn's lesser skills and so a more balanced performance was achieved.

Is it cold out there? :tongue:

Brass Monkeys - my advice, put them back in. Ha ha, blowing a gale and intermittently chucking it down comme vaches qui pissent.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Fellow welshman.....

You're a man :eek:

What is your favourite appliance in the kitchen?

Aga.

Duvet or sheets and blanket?

Duvet for sex, sheets for snuggling.

Do you sleep well on airplanes? What do you do when you're awake on them?

Sometimes and I have no idea why I do and don't at different times. Eat, drink, read, flirt with air hostesses, listen to music, meditate. I have spent over two weeks over 37,000 feet this year. I could have learnt a new language.

Did you ever have pics of you in your gallery? Has anyone from here ever seen you?

Yes and not to my knowledge.

Are you a good cook? What's your speciality?

Though I say it myself, I am apparently a good cook. I am almost obsessed with cooking fish. Cooks and people who love their food will understand that there is a window for fish at which point it is just completely sublime. It is my culinary Nirvana to achieve it. I prefer all foods that need a light subtle touch, it's like alchemy.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
When will you come to Boston and go diving in me?
cigarbabe:saevil:

Boston is a truly great town and I believe they even have a couple of academic institutions that are beginning to do quite well, though time will tell.

I have to say CB, that the way you handle that cock in your gallery is the equivalent how I hope I handle a honeypot. We just had bonfire night here :smile: though personally I don't like to celebrate burning catholics.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Do you believe in the meaning of life? and if so, how would you define it?

(and would you mind correctly punctuating my above question?)

Alex will put mine right.

No, I don't.

I feel drawn to Parmenides' observation that what is, is. Other things are our perceprtion and attributed meaning relative to that. Therefore there can be as many meanings as there are people. I do though like that approach to science in which you have to approach a question not as a human mind but as something else that can comprehend the question. Not quite pure reason, but that's a good start.

The relative nature of our perception suggests to me that we can misunderstand at least as much as we think we do understand. I don't think we're that clever really.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two weeks at over 37,000 feet in the last year? I don't feel sorry for you any more! I thought you had my schedule!
Do you want to trade lives for a year?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, you wanted me to ask you anything...

Do you HAVE an Aga? If so, how big is it?

(A very LPSG question, now isn't that? But I am asking about your COOKware, not your COCKware...)

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
OK, you wanted me to ask you anything...

Do you HAVE an Aga? If so, how big is it?

(A very LPSG question, now isn't that? But I am asking about your COOKware, not your COCKware...)

I was wondering what colour it is! :rolleyes:

You tell her :cool: I still want to show her my hymnal.

It's Blue. My old one was solid fuel, but the safety people didn't like the asbestos leaking everywhere.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Two weeks at over 37,000 feet in the last year? I don't feel sorry for you any more! I thought you had my schedule!
Do you want to trade lives for a year?

No way, seven times around the globe in ten months is enough for me. Add on the other travel, the customs and sitting around in lounges, and I'm at my personal limit.

What would you do in a Welsh valley surrounded by sheep?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No way, seven times around the globe in ten months is enough for me. Add on the other travel, the customs and sitting around in lounges, and I'm at my personal limit.

What would you do in a Welsh valley surrounded by sheep?
Do you really have to ask? Sheep? Phuleeeeeeeze!
I thought about this and, I meant to say I would cook and read!

Last edited by a moderator:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Do you have a bedtime routine?

Other than, well, you know...:biggrin1:

Teeth, wee, bed. That's what my Gran always used to say.

If I am alone, I like to read. I want to tonight because the wind is howling outside. It's already late here, so I will be off to do just that.

If I have guests, I like to recite Moliere. Someone soon tells me to shut the F up and get to bed. :smile:

I'm not really a routine person.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am torn between wondering what the escalation is between odd, normally odd and unusually odd and whether that still means that you would like to bounce up and down on my swollen manhood singing Glory Glory Hallelujah.

One is an oxymoron, the other a redundancy. Duh.:biggrin1:

As to the other imagining, if my mouth is full, I can only hum along. Double-duh. :biggrin1::biggrin1: