LPSG SPOTLIGHT: mercurialbliss

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do you have a peace plan for Jammu and Kashmir?
I wish. Both need to sit down and concede something. Anything. Years of unrest are almost always due to leadership from both sides showing an unwillingness to compromise. The human rights issues need to be addressed, borders to be determined, ratifications to be recognised, militants to be properly identified as either terrorists or freedom fighters, etc. It's a long list and i'm unqualified to suggest what will work to bring them to the table and forge a plan.
You aren't one of triplet daughters by any chance are you? :biggrin1:
Sorry. Cloning will be the order of the day if you absolutely must have more than one of me. :biggrin1:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dear MeRCuRiaLBLiSS
1. What does the world need now?
Some days I think a new ice age might do wonders for the human race. Other days I think compassion is the key to our problems. Most days I go with the latter.
2. Do you believe in serendipity and in miracles?
Yes.

3. Are you a spiritual person? If so, how are you spiritual?
Yes. Searcher is probably the best word to describe me. I adhere by buddhist principles but read the desert fathers and practice yoga.
4. What was the subtlest thing you've done to turn on a guy?
Smile. :wink:
5. Have you ever slept and (biblically) "know" another woman?
Not unless she neglected to tell me about the gender-reassignment surgery.

6. Have you ever solved a RUBIK'S Cube?
Yes, twice.
7. Can you peel a banana doing Kegels?
Hahahahaha. No. Can you? :tongue:
8. Do you think that Nicole Kidman should be Obama's runningmate instead of Joe Biden?
No, but something tells me if she were Obama's running mate, she'd be stiff competition for Sarah Palin.
9. Is sex a factor of enthusiasm in a relationship?
YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Did I mention yes?

10. Can women be just as "hunters and gatherers" in the dating scene like some men? In other words, can women be "playas" and "flip the sprung scripts" on other "playas"?
Absolutely. Who hasn't met an alpha woman that can command a room with her presence, stop traffic, and go through men like kleenex?

11. What is your favorite "parfum"?
Hypnotic Poison by Dior

12. Are you a morning sex, afternoon sex, or a night sex person?
Yes.

13. Have you ever fought over a man?
No. .

14. Have you ever fought for a man?
Yes.

15. What are some of your favorite things?
Lazy afternoons napping in the sun, running through the park with my pooch, road trips, exploring new territory, creating something with my hands or mind, making friends, cooking, reading, theatre, music, movies, anything to do with nature.

16. What are your favorite colors?
Plum, orchid, brick red, butter yellow, sage, moss, apricot, cranberry.

17. What is your favorite meal? Alcoholic beverage? Nonalcoholic beverage? Dessert?
Favourite meal: Anything with seafood.
Alcoholic beverage: A good malbec or cabernet.
Nonalcoholic beverage: sparkling water
Dessert? strawberry crepes
18. Would you, if you could, spend two days as a man? What man would that be?
I've wondered what the male version of me would be like so i'll go with that.
19. What are some of your favorite movies?
Metropolis, Big Fish, Blade Runner, Fight Club, Il Postino off the top of my head.

20. What is erotic to you?
The mind, above all else.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi Mercurialbliss!
Hi cockoloco! :smile:
Say you give birth today to one boy and one girl. What would their names be and why (in case you chose symbolic or significant names)?
I can't tell you what they would be but they would be of great significance. It would depend on a number of factors: circumstances in our lives, etc. I think names are very important. People associate others with their names throughout their lives so I think a name with meaning attached is a good thing.
As a kid, did you have more girl or boy friends?
I'd say more boy friends during my formative years (tomboy that I was) but an even ratio during high school. There were lots of "guy" things I was interested in: roleplaying games, cars, hockey, etc., so I could relate to guys in a number of ways.

How old were you when you learned to drive?
You are presented with an apartment (as a gift) and start decorating. You have the choice between calling an interior designer or you do it yourself? Describe what one would feel when entering your home.
I'm a designer so i'd do it myself.

Depends on who it was. My friends would probably feel surprised because for once it's nearly spotless. :biggrin1: Everyone who comes through comments on the comfort level and mix of styles (Art Nouveau, Art Deco with Asian motifs throughout)
Do you enjoy travelling? How many countries shave you visited? Where will/would you go next?
Yes. I've visited the following countries: Canada, Mexico, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, England. Next i'd love to go to Japan, explore Europe more, or New Zealand.

Do you have pets?
Yes. A pembroke welsh corgi named Maggie and two parakeets: Mr. Blue and Mr. Yellow. I call them my Brokeback birds because they're always fighting if they're not snuggling against one another. :biggrin1:

To what things are you the most sensitive or which affect you the most? (good or bad)
I'm what one would call seasonally affected. The changes from winter/spring and summer/autumn are the most noticeable ones. Nature has the most profound effect on me. I'm very sensitive to the feelings of others and the effect others have on me which can be good or bad.

What hooked you about No_Strings?
The early stages.
Details, pleez.

The same things that drew everyone else to him. The sharp wit, brilliant mind, the endearing shyness, twinkle in the eye, mischievous smile, body that won't quit, glorious cock, etc. But most of all it was his willingness to take a chance, reach out, learn all about me and reveal himself to me. He touched a place in my soul I didn't know existed. He didn't want some idealised version of me, he wanted the real me. What more could one ask?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dear Merc. I know you recently travelled to the UK. What did you enjoy most and least about the UK and what surprised you the most?

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow! Fascinating answers! Thanks!
My whole family works in the architechture/design/decoration field and I love it myself too. As a matter of fact, I'm studying it professionally now.

Who are your favourite modern architects? (contemporary or not)

If you could choose to team up with whomever you like for a very ambitious project, who would it be?

Interior Design, Interior Decoration or Interior Architecture?:eek:

Which is your favourite furniture style?

Last edited:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Has anyone ever told you that you were easy?

Not today. :biggrin1:
Do you think that there is still a place for board games in the world?
What would this world be without Scrabble or Monopoly? I shudder to think.

Is fencing a lost art?
No. I have a friend in Austin who studied and practices it.

What is your opinion in genetic modification in the womb, even if it means removing Chromosome 21 problems, autism, and other genetic abnormalities.
I'm kinda torn. On one hand I think it's amazing and wonderful we could potentially eliminate those problems through modification. On the other hand modification implies that we're attempting to create genetically flawless people which may pose some ethical questions and concerns. If we can address those questions and concerns properly then I would be in favour though it's not as simple as we would like to think.

Savoury or Sweet?
Savoury. No, sweet. No, wait...

Cum in your mouth, cum on your face, or cum on your breasts.... which is most intimate to you?
In my mouth.

Can you dance?
I think so. Others might not. :biggrin1:

Have you ever had a desire to just explore a random country road, driving in your car and just see where it takes you?
Whenever I have the chance, I do.

If you were in a scary movie, which character would you be? The killer, the heroine, the dumb blonde with the huge rack, the geeky friend, the bf, the parent who isn't too good at parenting, the cop who just doesn't seem to know protocol, or someone else?
I'd be the enigmatic creepy old guy who knows everything but doesn't divulge much of his knowledge except to warn people of impending doom.

Are you any good at picking fakes out of a crowd?
Fake what? Fake boobs? Hair? Prada bags? Help me out here. :tongue:

On a scale of 1-10, rate the following as things that make you smile:
~Babies laughing - 10
~A Dutch oven - 1
~People falling off a tredmill - 1
~A big pile of cake on a table - 6

Would you ever consider dyeing your hair a colour that is dramatic for your skin tone?
I would and I have.

Are you a member of the polar bear club?
No but I should join now that you mention it.

Sometimes I have a sore stomach when I eat too much dairy. Do you have any advice?
Use Cool Whip. :biggrin1:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Aside from enjoying your posts, why do I find you so damn sexy?
Because I compete with you for best ass on the site (you always win) and you seem to find that charming and a source of amusement? :tongue:

What's your secret?
Eau de Roux

Where can I get some? :tongue:
He's a PM away darling.

Vangelis or Jean Michel Jarre?
Jean Michel Jarre
*ducks in case of fruit thrown her way*

Dear Merc. I know you recently travelled to the UK. What did you enjoy most and least about the UK and what surprised you the most?

The people proved to be the most enjoyable experience. Jovial, charming, witty, and the ability to look at the bright side of life no matter what the circumstance. I'm sure the ale helps. :tongue: Every pub I walked into found me eventually chatting politics with the locals. "Who are you voting for" was second only to "are you american?". But they didn't antagonise me or berate me for any answer I offered. I mentioned this to another friend here that there's a lot to be said for civility. I certainly missed it when I returned to the US and the customs officer barked at me as I was standing in line at PHL. :rolleyes:

What most surprised me was how well I understood roundabouts after driving around for a while. I'd been told how "scary" they are but I thought they made perfect sense for driving on the left. :smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow! Fascinating answers! Thanks!
My whole family works in the architechture/design/decoration field and I love it myself too. As a matter of fact, I'm studying it professionally now.
My hat's off to you. :smile:

Who are your favourite modern architects? (contemporary or not)
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Eliel Saarinen, Alvar Aalto, Marcel Breuer and I.M.Pei.
If you could choose to team up with whomever you like for a very ambitious project, who would it be?
I know she's the hot new designer of the moment but I enjoy Kelly Wearstler's approach to design. She understands the principles and how to grab your attention with colour, line, and shape. She tends to rely on classic styles such as Neoclassical and Baroque (never was a fan of this style myself) and gives it a modern twist. I have a knack for mixing styles so i'd love to see what we could do together.

Interior Design, Interior Decoration or Interior Architecture?:eek:
I was trained in Interior Design but wished my school had offered Interior Architecture at the time. More flexibility within IA.

Which is your favourite furniture style?
For flexibility I like Art Deco. Mixes well with anything contemporary and some traditional lines. For visual appeal I like Chinese Chippendale and Art Nouveau.

I'm studying interior design now :p

Is there no end to the creative juice flow here on the site? :biggrin1: How exciting for you! Let me know how it goes.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sex, nature and/or nurture?

Just thought I'd throw an easy one in whilst we have your undivided. :wink: I am asking on a personal rather than general level, if I may.

My personal experience is that it's both. I don't believe we're psychosexually neutral at birth but I know from experience my desires are shaped by life experience. I was naturally curious about sex during puberty, maybe moreso than other girls. Watching Belle du Jour, 9 1/2 Weeks, and reading plenty of Anais Nin and Anne Rice had much to do with my sexual formation as well. I was fascinated by the male and female body (still am) and am fully aware there are areas still unexplored in my sexual life. I guess I tend to think of sex as a journey not an act.

Did that answer your question or was it just more rambling on my part?

Diamonds are a girl's best friend. Do you agree?
No. Try the American Express card in her handbag.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Because I compete with you for best ass on the site (you always win) and you seem to find that charming and a source of amusement? :tongue:
Pffft! Never! YOU would win any, and every, day! :kiss:

Eau de Roux
I'm trying to decide if that's a tasty drink, or something dabbed behind the ears. :tongue:

He's a PM away darling.
WHAT?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:
*Frantically dives to click on the PM button!!!*