LPSG Spotlight on jason_els

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I certainly cannot match what biguy2738 has said about you but I see you in the same way. you are such a gem Jason and I am so thankful to have you in my life.
I am always inspired by you though I am terrible about telling those I love and admire
how much they mean to me.
Rest assured I consider you one of my dearest friends.
Now are Boomer and Tweeter making progress with socialization skills?
I know you were working on that when we saw you.
cigarbabe:saevil:

Wow! What a story.

I had no idea that such a torrent of past hurt could be acknowledged and confronted through careful infliction of physical pain. I mean, I've been to therapy and all, emotionally painful at times, but always while reposing in a comfortable easy chair in an office. I sometimes came away from those sessions sweating and wrung out, but nothing like your experience with such a dramatic transformation.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh I've been through therapy too and still am. I just never found catharsis through traditional therapy. I went to a shrink about a year ago. He was imperious and made me feel like he didn't understand a thing I was saying about finding my masculinity and coming out to myself. I left and didn't return.

I then sought out the Body Electric School and after PSI, started seeing a Body Electric-trained sacred intimate who also happens to be a licensed Gestalt therapist. For the past year we've done nothing but talk and do some very revealing interpersonal space and touch exercises. We just started doing more erotic body work and it's fantastically healing and reassuring. Without question I needed the holistic approach (psychological, spiritual, and physical) that my therapist uses. That's why I travel 70 miles into the city every Friday.

I know I'm messianic about the Body Electric School stuff but everybody I know who attends their courses thinks they've hit upon the best secret since Colonel Sander's 11 herbs and spices. They're gay-oriented but do have straight and lesbian classes as well. Being able to do Power, Surrender, and Intimacy under the supervision of very experienced and highly trained people is unique because it's rare that you can experiment with BDSM in a safe environment.

And thank you SG. I get strength from sharing and knowing what I write helps others.

Jason, first a trip down memory lane....brace yourself! :eek:

I've never confessed this to anyone but when you first started to "blip" on my radar, it was wonderful and refreshing. I enjoyed your posts and your deep, insightful self. I am not sure if the responses of members encouraged you to post more or if I just started to sit up and take more notice but I soon saw you pop up more and more, most especially on the relationships part of the board. Your wisdom, common sense, insight and sensitivity was admirable and daunting. Regardless of how much my heart made me want to respond to most posts, it was daunting to offer any kind of intelligent response after you had made a post because truthfully, nothing that I could have said during those times could match what you so beautifully and caringly offered to others. You have had a humbling effect on me, Jason and it's a privilege that I am very thankful for.

You then very generously and bravely risked and shared about some of the things that you were grappling with inside of yourself in your blog and it just blew me away. I would never have guessed, though I should have because only a broken heart can truly understand another. My respect for you has double, tripled and quadrupled since.

I think of you often and whenever I do I always remember the kindness that you showed me as I prepared to leave the country of my birth. It was incredibly thoughtful and caring of you and it's something that I am deeply grateful for even to this day.

You are a gem, Jason. You project a deep inner beauty upon the lives of others, much as you may not be able to see or identify that beauty.
THANK YOU for being my friend and for continuing to strive to be a better and wholer you because it encourages so many of us to follow suit.

It's an honor to affirm your place in this great big reality called life!

I'm at a loss as I don't know how to respond to such heartfelt sentiment save to say I'm moved. Just wow. Thank you.

Now why can't I find guys like you around here?? :confused::tongue::biggrin1:

Is there a quotation or credo that you love and strive to abide by?

No, though I do repeat a saying often even if I can't find it in the Bible: And there came into Egypt a pharaoh who knew Joseph not.

I take it to mean that no matter how secure or safe or in power you think you are, it can all change in an instant due to external factors.

What are five of your most favourite things (they need not be possessions)?

Hmmm.....

I know I would love this first two most though I've never done it and the first one is so intensely personal I almost feel naked saying it:

1. Cumming bareback inside the man I love while forcing myself to hold eye contact with him while it happens.
  2. Laying in bed with the man I love holding me in his arms.
  3. Kind regards and unexpected thoughtful gestures given unexpectedly.
  4. Waking up in the morning and spending the first few minutes cuddling with my dogs.
  5. Art, as it restores my faith in humankind.

If you could trade places with someone for a day, who would it be and why?

I can't tell you. One would be the guy I will fall in love with so we can find each other sooner. Another would be Warren Buffet so I could write myself a check for a few billion. Maybe the Dalai Lama so I could experience being enlightened. I am beset by unfulfilled desires.

Last edited by a moderator:

I certainly cannot match what biguy2738 has said about you but I see you in the same way. you are such a gem Jason and I am so thankful to have you in my life.
I am always inspired by you though I am terrible about telling those I love and admire
how much they mean to me.
Rest assured I consider you one of my dearest friends.
Now are Boomer and Tweeter making progress with socialization skills?
I know you were working on that when we saw you.
cigarbabe:saevil:

And I feel the same way. You're always welcome to sleep in my bed :biggrin1:. I feel the same way. Words leave me so easily when I'm confronted with love. I'm working on it.

Boomer and Tweeter are still not terribly friendly and Tweeter nips heels. Getting them socialized is not easy as so many people display fear around them. They do just fine at the kennel though. They love the kennel and the kennel loves them. I'm highly limited in that I know so few people where I live.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
And that is why I chose jason_els. :smile:

Thank you, Jason. :hug:

Another question or some: What is your very favourite thing about Ireland?

What is your least favourite thing about Ireland?

Would you ever consider living there?

What is your very favourite thing about NY?

What is your least favourite thing about NY?

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow! Thank you so much for all your answers!

I love your taste in music, by the way.

If you could start a charity organization, what would it be?

Which was the last book you read?

What do you like most about NY?

Do you drive?

If you could spend one entire day with anyone, who would you choose and what would you do during that day?

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was very moved by the posts in this thread. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes.

Jason- we've never "spoken" directly to one another. I am usually off in a more "base" mode. :wink:

I want to say I truly enjoy reading your posts. When I see a post with your name on it, I click on it. I didn't know you have a blog, so I am going to thoroughly reading it.

I hope this is a boost for your self esteem, this thread. You have positively affected strangers, and I am so glad Manly picked you so you can see how others see you.

My questions for you...

What is your favorite flower?

If you could only save one photograph from a fire, who or what would it be of and why?

Your favorite scent, not a perfume or cologne but a flower, cookies baking etc...

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jason, I couldn't resist commenting on this. As you know I don't comment much around here anymore. In fact, I rarely even come here to read comments. Your comments always stand out whenever I logon here to read.

I am so glad to know you over the Internet. Know if you ever make it out to the Left Coast you have a tour guide here waiting to show you around and make you feel welcome!

I can't add much more than others have said. You are a gem.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jason, I couldn't resist commenting on this. As you know I don't comment much around here anymore. In fact, I rarely even come here to read comments. Your comments always stand out whenever I logon here to read.

I am so glad to know you over the Internet. Know if you ever make it out to the Left Coast you have a tour guide here waiting to show you around and make you feel welcome!

ditto that!

also enjoy your posts at other sites, as well!

And that is why I chose jason_els. :smile:
Thank you, Jason. :hug:

Hoo boy.... not sure if I should say, "you're welcome," or smack you!

Another question or some: What is your very favourite thing about Ireland?

Her people. They're warm, friendly, and genuine without being naive fools. I am ever so glad that Ireland was nothing like it's portrayed by the Irish community and travel industry here. As my friend Máire says, American Irish, "... are more Irish than Irish." Ireland's an unpretentious place, unlike some lands to the immediate east and it's far more progressive in some ways than we are here. Shirley Temple Bar would never have become a legitimate TV fixture over here just as we'd never air Podge & Rodge. I find the Republic a fascinating, beautiful place. On my first visit I was there over Samhain and I was fascinated by the ritual of lighting bonfires, playing games, and dressing the kids to parade. More remarkable was going with Máire and Charney down to the cemetery to visit the ancestors. Doing that made me feel I was seeing a rare part of a vanishing tradition.

What is your least favourite thing about Ireland?

The north is unquestionably different. I was shocked by the poverty of Belfast but even more so by the occupying armed forces who were everywhere. I was nearly shot by them in Banbridge because we parked somewhere completely legal but did so in a car with Cavan license plates. Whenever anyone on the other side of the pond complains about America's alleged, "gun culture," it pleases me no end to tell them that the only place I've had guns (6 of them) pointed at me was in the UK. I was with my friend from here, an American who married Máire. We stopped for lunch in Banbridge, went outside back to the car and noticed the entire street was empty. As we walked to the car we looked down the street and there was a group of British soldiers aiming their guns right at us. They hadn't said a word or told us anything. Máire was back at home in Castlepollard and as we were being interrogated by somebody who never said who he was or who he was with, the Garda were at her doorstep asking her all kinds of questions. Mind you this happened all because we parked a legal car with legal plates in a legal place. We were let go of course after they had been all over the car, but two years later the Banbridge bomb went off and lo and behold the Garda were back Charney and Máire's doorstep while I received a call from the FBI making sure I was in the country.

That part of Ireland I absolutely loathe despite the fact I think the north is just as lovely and the people just as great as down south.

Would you ever consider living there?
Sure! I've thought of it many times.

What is your very favourite thing about NY?

New York feels like it's the center of the world, as though where ever you are is where things are going on. You never wonder if there's someplace more exciting or important. Everything is world-class and even if you can't always afford it, it's a point of pride and even a bit reassuring to know it's there. There is an enormous dynamic energy to the city. Now I live outside the city out in the sticks. Despite this, nothing happens in this state or region that isn't influenced somehow by the city itself. When I can afford it, I'll move there.

What is your least favourite thing about NY?

The expense, the hassle of getting around, the taxes, and the randomness of the crime. There are plenty of parts of New York I'm extremely uncomfortable going into and sometimes that's for good reason. Other times it's my anxiety getting the better of me. I admit that I am intimidated by the city even though I've grown up around it.

History of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed we do, but from a somewhat different perspective than you presume. :smile:

Someday I should tell you about my Merwyn ancestors. Wales has been part of the UK since the 1400s :wink:. Were you Manx or Irish I wouldn't give you half as much of a ribbing. I didn't know you were a member of Plaid Cymru.

Wow! Thank you so much for all your answers!
I love your taste in music, by the way.

Whoa! Thank you! Most people made fun of it at the time. Only lately have I been vindicated.

If you could start a charity organization, what would it be?

No need to start one. I think there are many great charities out there now. When possible, I try to support my former boarding school, the Trevor Project, which supports gay youth in crisis, NOCIRC, which fights against routine male infant circumcision, and World Wildlife Fund.

If I were to start a charity, I would endow a botany-oriented university with a chair in the study of carnivorous plants, and endow two chairs at my former boarding school to ensure that art history and philosophy are always taught there.

Which was the last book you read?

I'm reading three at once!

Wish I Could Be There: Notes On A Phobic Life by Allen Shawn
On The Edge: My Story by Richard Hammond of Top Gear
Body for Life by Bill Phillips

What do you like most about NY?

I refer my colleague to the reply I made some moments ago.

Do you drive?

You bet! I love driving! I currently have a red Subuaru Forecter XT. It's the ultimate winter car yet is a blast to drive and is ungodly fast.

If you could spend one entire day with anyone, who would you choose and what would you do during that day?

I really can't say.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was very moved by the posts in this thread. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes.

Jason- we've never "spoken" directly to one another. I am usually off in a more "base" mode. :wink:

I want to say I truly enjoy reading your posts. When I see a post with your name on it, I click on it. I didn't know you have a blog, so I am going to thoroughly reading it.

I hope this is a boost for your self esteem, this thread. You have positively affected strangers, and I am so glad Manly picked you so you can see how others see you.

:notworthy: :redface: Thank you as well. I like your posts too.

My questions for you...

What is your favorite flower?

Eeep! I grow carnivorous plants and not for their flowers though some of them are stunning. My favorite scented flower is lilac. I love the scent of lilacs though I'd dearly love to be able to grow night blooming jasmine as that is amazing. For sheer looks, I have to go with the tree peony. The flowers of the tree peony live only a short time but they are so spectacular that when Europeans first saw their images on porcelain imported from China, they didn't believe they were real. The blooms in that photo above could easly be as much as 10" across.

I'm also partial to viburnum, spicebush, Japanese Irises, batchelor's buttons, violets, and the shocking flowers of amorphophallus and rafflesia.

While not flowers, some of the more interesting carnivorous plants are, Nepenthes bicalcarata, Aldrovanda, Cephalotus, some Droseras, and the ever-fascinating Venus Flytrap (which, as the link proves, doesn't confine its hunger to flies).

If you could only save one photograph from a fire, who or what would it be of and why?

I really don't have any photographs which are irreplacable. I keep copies on my computers so I imagine that saving my computer would be most important. Short of that, it would be this painting done by my great-great-grandmother, Hannah Booth Slaughter.

Your favorite scent, not a perfume or cologne but a flower, cookies baking etc...

In first place, English boxwood. In second, cypress. Runners-up include, curry, cinnamon, thyme, the aforementioned aromatic flowers, burning turf, burning applewood, and post-thunderstorm air.

Thank you, Bubbela. You're a sweetie and be assured that when I get out that way you'll be the first person I tell. Maybe we should do a Bay Area meet and greet?

ditto that!
also enjoy your posts at other sites, as well!

Thanks Nick! Didn't know I had multi-site fans! I'm glad you're here too. You're a welcome addition.

How did you get so smart and what's with the Dracula avatar?

I'm not smart enough I'm afraid. Halloween's approaching! That's what's with that avatar. Blah! Blah!

Jason, i just wanted to say, how i really loved this thread. i got to know so much about you as a person. We need to put you in the spotlight more otfen. ;)

Another sweetie! You're a good man Will. I wish I had your wisdom at your age. Would have saved me a lot of grief.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Jason, I liked the music you mentioned and I like the grace and humility you've shown throughout this thread.

Reading you now for quite some time, I must say that I never pass a post without reading it.
You were good from the beginning, but I think you're getting better constantly. That's nice to follow.

Tripod sort of stole my question:

How did you get so smart?

I might rephrase it: Where did your brains come from? Was one parent perhaps the brighter one? Or were they both gifted? And what particular gift in you came from either of them?

Jason, I liked the music you mentioned and I like the grace and humility you've shown throughout this thread.

Reading you now for quite some time, I must say that I never pass a post without reading it.

You were good from the beginning, but I think you're getting better constantly. That's nice to follow.

Not really grace or humility, more a keen awareness that of where I am, where I need to go, and how much I owe to so many who have given of themselves to help me get there. It's still very scary for me because I feel time passing so quickly and I'm not getting any younger. I fear I will alone my entire life. When you're facing that very real prospect, friends become very precious and you take no relationship for granted.

Tripod sort of stole my question:

I might rephrase it: Where did your brains come from? Was one parent perhaps the brighter one? Or were they both gifted? And what particular gift in you came from either of them?

My brains?? Are you joking? I read the posts from you and Alex8 and sometimes my head just spins. I'm not as smart as I seem, or rather, if I am, it hasn't made a bit of difference to me beyond perhaps causing me to have overly complex neuroses. I know what my IQ is and it's not all that high.

Both my parents are very intelligent, well-educated people though they're intelligent in different ways. They are both better people when they're not around each other.

Oops! Didn't see these until just now :redface:!

Jason, you are great, just wanted to add that!

At your service, my lady.

what's the one thing in life you've always wanted to do but haven't done?

1. This is so adolescent that I always thought I'd grow out of it. That hasn't happened. I'd love to own a black Lamborghini Countach and drive it balls out on the autobahn (or Nürburgring). Yes, I'm definitely compensating. I admit it.
  2. Fall in love with someone who returns the sentiment.
  3. Have a child.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally Posted by ManlyBanisters http://www.lpsg.org/107556-lpsg-spotlight-on-jason_els.html#post1778017http://www.lpsg.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
Oooo, hang on - I got one:

If you could only meet one of the New York LPSG get together crowd again who would you pick and why?

(Dayum, that's a mean question, innit?)

That's easy. It's Mem. The reason why is because he's the only one who has moved so far away that it's unlikely he'll ever come to another one.

It's remarkable how well we get along when together. It's a good group.

:frown1:

Last edited: