LPSG Spotlight: Señor Rubirosa

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Do you remember when you were a teen and you'd step out of the shower and wrap a yellow towel around your head and pretend that you were Bridget Bardo and if your parents weren't home, you'd strut around the house, naked, practicing your famous burlesque USO show to imaginary cheers, shaking your pretend titties to the GI's lined along stage, when suddenly a strapping Yankee sailor comes up on stage, grabs you, leans you back, and plans a kiss right on your mouth... bringing the house down, but then he throws you over his shoulder and takes you back to America where you rid yourself of your french accent and pop out a few kids?

Yes.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yes, Rubes, well, I've been to Cuba. Why? Because Americans aren't supposed to go. I'm quite contrary.

You do realize that I've printed this out and there will be a pop quiz on Monday. I suggest you be prepared. With all your glib replies and such. Indeed. :tongue:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, Rubes, well, I've been to Cuba. Why? Because Americans aren't supposed to go. I'm quite contrary.

You do realize that I've printed this out and there will be a pop quiz on Monday. I suggest you be prepared. With all your glib replies and such. Indeed. :tongue:

Gonna pop a phoner?
I'm by the, er, blower, printout in hand.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hate, death and war ... but also disputation, envy, revenge, most ambition, most longings, most indifference, lah di dah ... begin with a state of contraction.

We don't want contraction. Not really...[but]...Open the space and we experience what we really long for ... but with an accompanying, queazy sense that there's nobody there. Because the familiar patterns of consciousness, of self-recognition, are gone.

If you are able and willing, please expound upon this idea. It's intriguing and seems vaguely familiar. Thanks.

...is there a reason for the Justin Timberlake avatar? :p

Not really.

I had the probably fatuous idea that that dude in the pic looked a bit like me ... particularly his gaze.

Didn't know it was JT.

Neither did I. Because of the way the avatar pic is zoomed in on his face, he's not immediately recognizable...and his face seems a bit fuller than in other pics of him. I rather liked imagining that it was you.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
SR How long ago was your avatar pic taken?

Well, I don't know if you read any of the posts above, Mem ... but it isn't a pic of me.
It's of Justin Timberlake, a close-cropped version of the pic on the cover of his Justified album.
When it's not so close-cropped, it's far more obviously him.
That album came out in 2001, when JT was 21, FWIW.