Lpsg Stories... Should We Rebuild This Section And Make It Searchable?

Would You Like to see an LPSG Stories Section Built Out?

• Hell Yeah! That would be amazing!

Votes: 1,249 96.4%
  • I'm happy the way it is.

Votes: 24 1.9%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 12 0.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 11 0.8%

• Total voters

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello Mr. LPSG.

By built out, you mean exporting them to another installation of the board software, with different settings? Or exporting the stories somehow to a story-focused CMS? (something like literotica, I guess)
My thinking was along the literotica lines

ilpallazo

Admired Member
Media
My thinking was along the literotica lines

Literotica is a great system, but what would happen to the current stories? I imagine it would be quite work intensive to move them by hand to the new system, as just moving whole threads would include lots of unrelated discussions.

Something I missed for years here were tags. There have been some efforts to introduce tagging, but only half-adopted by authors and as far as I know, you can't search or filter by tags.

PDuvalEE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How would you build it out? The current system allows readers to provide feedback, and to PM or publicly comment. Plus likes help determine whether you want to read a story or not. Literotica and Nifty don't provide that feedback and it's very hit to miss. I will be interesting to see what readers can suggest. There is always room for improvement.

PDuvalEE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
And sometimes it's nice to be surprised. Sex and the multitude of orientations and the direction any encounter can take is sometimes half of the fun, at least for me anyway. And categorizing them is also labelling them...But I think being able to add special effects might be interesting. Pictures or videos to commemorate the story. Adds a visual element.

Dream Big

Legendary Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Tagging would be preferable to searching. I’ve seen tagging implemented decently on boards I suspect are using similar underlying software. What I appreciate is the ability to click on a keyword and get other stories that share that keyword.

I say tagging because sometimes I read a story and think “oh yeah, I want to read about nonconsensual growth, or edging, or fantasy, or whatever. Sometimes I want realistic huge cocks and sometimes I want mega schlong stuff. Metabods has what guess is home grown tagging, but gay spiral has some too that may be built into the software.

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Tagging is good. But I've seen it done horribly.

Authors will sometimes add every tag to their submission just so it always comes up in a search. Which makes the tags meaningless.

The alternative is for the already burdened moderators to add tags to stories, which would mean reading them end to end zzzzzz...

Reactions: blkbwoi

william1

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think they work fairly well at the moment, always better if they add in the title if gay/straight/MM/MF/MMF etc etc

The stories are often the best part of the site for me, l like the way they go out of bold when i have read the next posting so i can always see what i have and haven't read yet.

Capitolhillguy

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think they work fairly well at the moment, always better if they add in the title if gay/straight/MM/MF/MMF etc etc

The stories are often the best part of the site for me, l like the way they go out of bold when i have read the next posting so i can always see what i have and haven't read yet.
I only listen to erotic stories and the way these are laid out it is impossible to do so without great effort as they are not in easily transferable formats to the text to speech reader.

pimpinsmurf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is there an algorithm for text based stories that would suggest other stories based on what I read? I know some people hate this on streaming services, but I quite like it because it turns me on to things I would have never noticed otherwise.

Also, could we do a text-to-audio section too if anyone wants to record some stories or other people wanna write out scripts to be recorded by others? They do that on GWA on Reddit and it's quite popular.

Reactions: PDuvalEE

biff2359

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think there's enough volume of new stories to warrant something overly complicated. Also, I feel the barrier to / work involved in posting a story needs to be lower than a dedicated story site. There are a lot of fun little stories here that one might not see on a "serious" site.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think we need stories to be searchable but I like the idea of splitting them into separate forums like you do here for the adult websites or even categories like literotica
I like this as well. It would be nice to separate fiction with non fiction.

Reactions: amazzzed2

texan117

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It would be nice to have tags or just sections for solo, gay, hetero, etc. However, many times you can tell where a story is going early on.
Agree with batnballs 100%

Also, maybe change the header to just stories? There's no place to post true stories so may as well have it here with a tag for true. Stories always seem just a little hotter when they are (or can be believed to be) true

Reactions: pimpinsmurf

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've always been a big fan of stories. I'm just curious how much demand there would be for this.

Are you guys happy with the way this section is or would you like to see it built out and made fully searchable?
I would love it. I have pretty specific taste, and -- yes-- tags are key.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the idea of splitting it into broad categories like Straight, Gay, Bisexual, Authoritarian, Cuckold, SPH, etc would be great.

Tags would also be great. The way to keep this from getting out of hand would be to limit the number of tags on a story (to say 5).

Also, "title tags" just after the story heading (required) would be helpful: like MF, MM, FF, MFM, FMF; Auth(oritarian); SNM; CBT; etc. Frequently the title doesn't give a good idea of what the story is about. This could be also helped by providing a line of description below the title, such as:

"The Plumber Fixes Mrs. Jones Pipes" (MF, Size, Cuck)
Mrs Jones has an adventure with the plumber's big pipe; Mr. Jones comes home unexpectedly and watches.

"The High School Jock Loses More than the Game" (MM, Size Compare, SPH)
The hunky quarterback is pantsed during a game by his archival.

I've always thought "Fictitious Stories" is dreadful. Why not either just "Fiction" or "Stories"? "Fiction" would be great if you want to limit it to that. However, I prefer just "Stories" because some "real life" stories can be really hot, also. In fact, many "fictitious stories" start with the line, "This is a real story. . . "

Just in passing: Do users know they can already search stories by words in the story or title? I've found this helpful to screen for things I'm interested in.

Last edited: